SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi all,

Hope that you've had a good weekend even though the weathers been rough. :raincloud:

I've kept to my 18 points and am looking to my diet coke chicken with butternut squash for dinner with a WW chocolate eclair for dessert (they're on offer at Iceland, 3 boxes for £3 !) :eat:

Becca ~ we're going to Alvaston, we go there regular as it's only about 20miles from where we live and great value. We love that you stay at your own table dinner then for the evening entertainment.
We've also been to Thorsby Hall (gorgeous !!) and Boddlewyden Castle. :candledinner:

I see Jo beat me to the recipes
The choc truffles are gorgeous at 1/2point each and really easy to make but if you can stop at 1 or even 2 you're a better man than me :17729:
The mushroom curry is out of the ww book called 5 points and under and is really nice.....and free !!!

Lee ~ well done on your promotion. Hope you haven't celebrated too much :happy036:

Sas ~ I don't use my activity points up and I never did when I lost my 6 stone going to weekly classes. But you should do what is best for you. It's trial and error really,but I know I wouldn't lose if I did use the extra points. :whacky068:

Eabha ~ Good luck to you and Becca if you can get away with having a day off on WI day. Do it while you can as now as I am older I know that I wouldn't get away with it. I find it sooooo hard to lose weight if I'm not really strict with myself now, as I did years ago, it's sooooo unfair :needhug:

Good luck to tomorrows weighers

Luv Ang xx

Hi everyone,hope your all well, and have had a great weekend.. i haven't been able to post or read on here for the last few days due to a bad migraine attack on Friday accompanied with a cold, and it was my youngest daughters birthday yesterday...I was really worried about over eating yesterday, but after organising everything,hosting the party and clearing up afterwards.I didn't feel like eating, so I had a cuppa soup with a slice of medium bread! Today i've been on Just Dance 3 with my eldest and did day 1 of the 30 day shred..Feel pretty pooh at the mo, as i've got this annoying cold, but won't let it beat me.I WI tomorrow morning and feel pretty confident that i've lost, so hopefully I can post a good loss tomorrow. My friends and I have decided we're running Race For Life this year all the way round, so we're all going to run 5K every Sat morning, i'm dreading it, as I can only run 3.4K at the mo on the treadmill, so I now have to train myself to run more,to keep up with them! I'm going to try mind over matter tomorrow morning, and plug my music in my ears and go for it, i'll let you know how I get on.x.

Hi everyone I can't believe how motivated you all are it makes me feel worse for falling completely off the wagon since wi. I don't really know what happened I had all these good intentions but the pizza and crisps got me this weekend. Start again in the morning and hope I can pull it back in time to not do much damage by weds. Praying for a sts even though I don't deserve it!

Pleased your feeling better Jo.x.

Busybee, don't feel so disheartened, your only human.You can't be good all the time.If I have a bad day for food, I put a big black cross through it on my tracker, and start fresh the next day.I also make sure I remember how I am feeling, then when temptation comes my way I remember how I felt when I gave in last time... 9 out of 10 times it works for me, as I do give in, so don't feel bad if you go over again,because you'll know there's someone else who gives in as well.Best of the luck for the rest of the week before your weigh in.x.

Busybee we have all been there and lets face it we all probably will be again at some point.dont beat yourself up about it! Tomorrow is a new day! Xx

Morning all.

Weighed in this morning and have lost 2.5lbs. Becca that should now read 8.5/42. Thank you for keeping track of everyone's weight losses.

First of all thank you for your kind words and ang I didn't celebrate too much in fact I'm so focused at the moment I didn't want to bring myself to temptation so stuck to my plan!! Pretty pleased with myself for that.

We went to Cambridge on Saturday and was pretty much on our feet all day. We stopped for 45 mins for some lunch and a coffee (took pack up and then went for coffee at costa. Small skinny latte) so didn't stray. The town centre was a mile and a quarter from the train station. So with all that exercise I put it into the bonus point section of Iwatchr app and it returned 11 ponts gained wow!!!!!.
I also went for a 4 mile walk Sunday which earned me a further 7 points.

The question is do I use the points or not........???

What I decided to do was use half of them. For one my body was telling me I needed extra fuel so I gave it some the other reason was I have been using all my points each day and have been seeing good results each week....so far !!!!!!. So I edged on the side of caution

I used to save some points each day and have a mini blow out at the weekends but always had up and down results so decided to have a different approach this time around.
We work out our daily points because that is what our body needs according to the manual. So we may as well stick to it. Some times we may think If I eat less points I will lose more weight...well that doesn't always work. It may do a couple of times but over the long run we may make it harder for ourselves
Everybody is different but this approach is working for me so I will continue this way until I start to struggle.

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today

Kernow Jo said:
I am feeling much better now and made the effort and went on a long walk this afternoon. Hubby and little man had boy time so I was able to get out and have some me time. There is lovely walk near us with streams and water wheels and just beautiful woodland.

We are off to visit my parents tomorrow so wont be back until evening. I am going prepared with home made ham leek & potato soup for everyone, so no excuse to go off track.

I hope everyone has a good week ahead! Jo x

Glad your feeling better Jo

Sas101 said:
Hey everyone
Hope ur all having a nice weekend, I wanted to know if u guys who exercise 30-40 mins a day 3-4 times a week would you track ur activity points and use them, am confused as I have heard a few people say if u don't use them u won't lose weight, anyone had any experiences with this, or any extra weight loss not eating the extra points. Sorry I know it's confusing loll x

Hi sas. I'm with up the duff I think you need to use some of them as your body needs that extra fuel but listen to your body. Myself I work out how many extra points I have gained and use half of them. But usually my body tells me I need that extra bit of fuel to feel sustained.

hi can i join as well please? My name's Jo and i'm currently 13 stone dead on! I get weighed on a monday and i would really love to be at goal for late summer with all your help and motivation! I have always been overweight since i was born! I have a twin sister who i love dearly and even in the womb i was the greedy one and took all her food leaving just enough for her to survive! Lol! Consequently she was always skinny and i was fat! I have 2 children and all through pregnancies i ate whatever i wanted and used it as an excuse to stuff my face at every opportunity. I started my diet last may and have lost 3 stone so far but i can feel my willpower slipping a bit and would love to join this thread to keep me in check! Good luck to you all xxx

Hello my lovelies

How is everyone doing today? Its miserable weather here in Hereford, really damp and drizzly!!!!!!!!!! The sort where you just want to be curled up at home. Hey ho - instead, we're sat in work! Never mind, the weekend will soon be here :)

Jo - thanks for the recipies, I haven't found a recipie thread but I will have a hunt around for it, to be honest I haven't actually looked at any other threads on here. Hope you have a nice time visiting your parents - I love Leek and potato soup :) Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy :)

Ang - how is everything with you? Hope you enjoy Alvaston - i'd love to go there again :) Hmmmm, re my day off, i'm a little worried this week it may not have worked actually, got on the scales this morning and where as on Saturday I was 11st 2.5 lbs (calculated my loss wrong too - it was only 1lb so have amended), today I am 11st 4.5 again!!!!!!). I think perhaps its time to stop having my 'day off' as such and try a different approach. I am wondering whether to try using all of my points each day, or perhaps just saving 1 so I can have a treat on weigh in day without it affecting too much! Its so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it as we are all so different.

Misteeq - this 30 day shred you talk about, how does it work, is it the same workout everyday? I think thats Clares favourite too. Poo you with a cold - everyone around me seems to be suffering too but so far I haven't caught it - I think its because I take 25+ Manuka honey every morning and am on loads of vitamins preparing for our treatment. Good luck with your Race for life training :). I did it about 3 years ago and ran the whole 5k in just over 30 mins. I stopped once to walk for a bit but was so impressed as I hadn't done any training whatsoever - there is absolutely NO WAY I could do it now though, waaaaaaaaay too unfit and podgy!!!!

Busy - come on my lovely, its a fresh day, a fresh week and you can start again. Just try to picture in your head how good you will look when you get to goal, and try to imagine how good you will feel. We're all here to support you hun if it helps.

Lee - woop woop for you Mr, you are doing so incredibly well, what a fab week, good weight loss and promotion :). Lots of fairy dust being sprinkled in your corner of the world :)

For the last time - welcome to you. Its lovely to have you with us. We are a very supportive friendly bunch and hope you'll feel at home here :). (I will put you on the tracker as Jo2 if thats ok as we have another Jo).

well, it seems that I am the one that started the thread and I am the one that is lagging behind all of you!!!!!!! I need a really big kick up the backside I think. Dont really know what is going wrong as I am sticking to my points and exercising, all I can think is that when I have my 'day off' I am going too overboard (which this week we did go to pizza express and I did have chocolate fudge cake!!!!!!), or its because i'm not using my points up each day. I think perhaps I need to re-evaluate, take stock and start again with a fresh open mind by on weigh in day having only a SMALL treat, and perhaps using up all of my points especially on the days I am exericising. Talking of which - hubby is off work this week so wont be able to get much exercise in unless I lock him in the garage for an hour :).

Well, of to lunch I go (warburtons square thin with wafer thin ham today, plus a packet of velvet crunch, an apple and WW yoghurt - yummy :)

Big hugs to everyone :)

Weigh in days:
Becca (3.5/20) - Sat wk 1 STS :( wk 2 -2.5 lb :party0049: wk 3 - 1lbs :clap:

Clare (7/20) - Tues wk 1 - 7lbs :party0049: wk 2 -1lb :party0049:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap:
Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple:
Eabha - Weds
wk 1 - 1.5lb :) wk 2 - 2lbs :clap: wk 3 - 1.5lbs :party0049:
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :)
Sas (2/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple:
Lee (8.5/42) - Mon wk 1 - 2.5lb :) wk 2 - 3.5 :greenapple: wk 3 - 2.5lbs:party0049:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues wk 1 - 5lbs :clap: wk 2 -2lbs :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap:
Loumo - Sat
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (3.75/19) - Fri wk 1 - 2.75lbs :flirt2: wk 2 -1lb:party0049: wk 3 STS :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon
Chaz - Weds
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon

Hey team!

Sorry I haven't posted in AGES! I have been working stupidly long hours lately and then I was away in Scotland this weekend just gone. I tried my very best to stay on track but I think I went about 15 points over in total so I am trying to claw that back today. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I had a lovely weekend and I am back on track now. I wasn't silly, I turned puddings down etc so I am hoping that any gain is a small one!

Well done to all of you that have lost since I have last been on, there are too many to mention - you are all doing FAB!! I do hope that I am not the first to let the side down with a gain tomorrow!

Welcome to all you newbies too, this group is ace and you'll be glad you've joined :)

Ang, great to have you back - I am glad that things are settling down for you again!

Lee - a big well done on both your loss and your promotion, that's fabulous news!

Becca, twinny........you shouldn't be stressing, you are doing really well!! If I did have any advise for you though, I'd say that the relaxed weigh day could well be where things are alowing down for you honey - I used to do this a few years ago and my leader asked me to track what these points were, and it turned out I was eating about 16 points over on these days - when you think about it, that's a whole extra days food just in the points of a naughty meal! Try rewarding yourself on weigh day with something else, a manicure/pedicure, a new top that flatters your smaller figure? I'm really trying to break the chain of reqarding myself with food treats as this is why I am on this board in the first place :( anyway, that's just my experience - I know everyone is different!

Have a fab Monday all :) xx

Becca, when I was on ww the last time and lost 3 stone, every tuesday after wi I would have a chinese. Maybe instead of having the whole day off you should treat yourself to a meal that you really enjoy. As soon I have got the 1st stone off I will be doing this again as its torture not having my curry! Xx

Becca, when I was on ww the last time and lost 3 stone, every tuesday after wi I would have a chinese. Maybe instead of having the whole day off you should treat yourself to a meal that you really enjoy. As soon I have got the 1st stone off I will be doing this again as its torture not having my curry! Xx

Its great to hear other people's views on the WI day blow out. Last year I got into a habit of going to the morning WI and then spent the whole day pigging out. It beat the purpose of WW. This time round I do what you suggest Chaz. I allow myself one meal off after my WI which I allow myself what I want. This can be McDonalds one week and mash and roast chicken another. It seems to be working so far but if my loss starts to slow down then I'll reassess.

Speaking of which, I've no idea what to expect on Weds. I've kept to my points and I even got out for a walk. But I feel bloated and the scales have me at sts. So we'll have to see.

Evening,haven't had a good day today! I lost no weight, so i've stayed the same! I only ran 2k this morning, when I thought I would run at least 3k! But to be honest i'm not really that concerned as I wasn't feeling too good this morning.My cold has moved on to a very sore throat, so when I was jogging/running I started coughing and only ran 20 mins.Well done everyone on your losses, and Lee I'm sorry I didn't say congrats on your promotion, I didn't read all the posts till today.Congratulations.x.

The 30 day shred is by Jillian Michaels, (the biggest loser usa) she takes you through three 20 minute workouts - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Each workout is made up of three circuits which comprise of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.

Like me, you may well be thinking this sounds reasonable, quick and easy. It isn't! Even Level 1 is an intensive workout - lots of jumping jacks, squats, bum kicks etc., and Jillian doesn't let up for a second, constantly keeping you moving. I found I had to use lighter weights than I would for a Davina workout; the exercises are so quick and intense that I couldn't keep up with my usual ones. The exercises have a real 'military' feel and change quickly, and you are given plenty of instruction and encouragement. The music isn't great, but then you probably won't have the energy to think much about it while you're doing this workout!

Levels 2 and 3 contain harder exercises (such as burpees, mountain climbs, jumping jacks from the plank position). I've got a passable fitness level, but on finishing Level 2 I was in a collapsed screaming heap on the floor, thoroughly worked out! Jillian screams at some point in Level 2 "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE!" - and if you're anything like me, you will! On the plus side, if you can do Level 2, I don't think you'll find Level 3 too much of a difference in intensity, unless you have weak abs as this section pushes them to the limit. This is a fantastic workout to try if you're looking to push yourself hard, but it is NOT for the faint hearted. Jillian and her helpers are very toned, but also quite bulky - to avoid this it might be a good idea to alternate this DVD with some less intense workouts (as I intend to do!) But the fact remains - there is absolutely no doubt that if you did this DVD every day, even doing just one of the three levels per day, you would lose weight and get results very quickly.

I've been doing the 10 min solution target toning dvd 1 section a day for a week just upped it to 2 sections and wow am I feeling it now! Don't think it was a good idea to do it right before bed though as I can still feel the adrenaline rush! Feels good though. I was going to get the 30 day shred last year but after waiting 3 weeks for it to be dispatched I cancelled it. I've heard its really hard going so it was probably for the best as I'm quite unfit at the moment!

Kernow Jo said:
Lee: Well done you! A fantastic loss again and also a promotion! Wooooohooooo! :D

You sound like you are planning well with your weight loss. Like you say, we are all different, so its about finding what works for you. Well done on staying on track over the weekend as it could of been easy to go over when you were out and about. I am sure the walking helps too.

I hope you have a good week ahead! Jo x

Thanks Jo.

I can't believe how focused I am. Nothing is getting passed these lips that isn't pointed.
Dedicated weekend walks seems to be a winning combination at the moment.
I'm also rewarding myself in other ways too not with food. Although I do look around and have found choc sponge pud which fits in with my points allowance nicely (3.5) and after I've eaten it I say to my wife " this doesn't feel like a diet" with some of the nice things I'm eating.

I've also started to see the difference in the way my clothes fit. Feeling on top of the world.

Have a nice day

Morning, everyone,

I hope your all feeling well....good luck to all those that are weighing in today!!!!

Myself I am still feeling focused. Into week 4 for me and still planning ahead. For me this is so important as I don't guess at what the points will be as I'm going along everything is allocated. Some might say this is too rigid for them and they need the freedom as the day rolls on which is fine if it works for you.
But if your struggling at the moment and not planning. Give it a go it may make the difference that you need. It can't hurt to try.

Morning gang!

Stayed the same this week which I'll gladly accept after 3 days away! Made some gorgeous butternut squash and red pepper soup last night so I'm firmly back on track :)

Good luck to any other Tuesday weighers! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back