SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi everyone,

Just a really quick e-mail to let you know I haven’t forgotten about you all. Had problems with a leaking immersion heater and subsequently wet carpets since Saturday – coupled with absolutely hopeless insurance companies who don’t know their arse from their elbow!!!!!!!
I have a chocca day today so wont be able to post a lunch time, but I will catch up with you all this evening.

Have a good Tuesday J
xxxxx
ps. can anyone shed some light on the Simply filling thing? ie - how does it work etc? :)

Hello All.
Congrats to those who have lost weight this week and to those who have STS.

I've managed to be quite good food wise and exercise wise this week - seems I finally have my diet head on. I also have a bit of motivation to get my butt into gear as well - booked our girls holiday last night and as they are all gorgeous, I need to get myself sorted!! Lol.

Best of luck to those still to weigh :D Hope you do well. I will report on Friday for my own WI..

xx

Hello All :) I love the idea of this thread and would love to join you all. Seems like a lovely support network!!

A little bit about me: Started WW originally January last year (Mum used to do it years ago when it was Discovery, so recycled all her old stuff) managed to lose 2 stone and felt great!! I've slipped off the wagon a little and managed to put on 13lbs :( BUT after yo-yo'ing so far this year I've lost 3lbs of it. I weigh in on a Friday and yesterday my WI was 11.10lbs. I have a holiday in May (28th) and would like to reach 10.7 stone - I need you all!! Lol.

So if you'll have me I would love to join the thread.

Hi Lisi,

its lovely to have you join us. This thread is working wonders for lots of people - hope we are able to help and support you too :)
xx

Hello
Please can I join :wave_cry:
I have always done WW discovery points and got on well with it, so was really disappointed when they changed :mad:
I did try pro points but didn't get on with it. I have spent most of last year mucking about and then I gave up smoking before Christmas so I now have an extra 11 lbs to lose on top of what I already had to lose!
I will be turning the big four 0 at the beginning of may so would like to lose as much as I can by then, so will need as much support as I can get :D
I am starting tomorrow, so Monday will be my weigh in day and as ashamed as I am to say my starting weight is 14 st 2lbs :cry:
Alison x

Alison - welcome my lovely :). We are a very friendly bunch and are all doing really well (although there do seem to have been a few confessions this week :)). Hope that you feel at home here and we can help you :)

xx

Morning all,

I have weighen in this morning and have a STS. ok with that! Not done too much different from previous weeks so a bit surprised not to have a small loss.
stil ahead of the game as i set myself a tardget of 7lbs a month to reach my target and have lossed 8.5 this month.

well i have managed to strain my back over the wekend so am off work for a couplr of days. in quite a bit of discomfort and fairly imobile.

i hope everyone has had a good weekend and well done to all of those who lossed.

Hi Lee - well done on your STS :). you've done so very very well this month :).

Sorry to hear you're in pain - hope you feel better soon :bighug:

Hello my lovelies

How is everyone?

Many apologies for not posting for a few days - long story short - went to bed Sat night and found wet carpets in bedroom, went in airing cupboard and soaking in there too - immersion heater leaking everywhere. Called Direct Lines 'emergency home service' who are actually a different company and turned out direct line had neglected to tell them that we renewed our policy in March 2011 so they refused to send someone out unless we paid. Called AA as have emergency response cover - they said someone would call by 9am, no one turned up, so I called again several times during the day and kept getting false promises that an engineer was on his way. Eventually I spoke to someone again at 5pm on Sunday who checked our file and said that he understood we had a leak under a concrete floor in our utility room (we dont even have a utility room!!!!!). Basically someone had got our notes mixed up with another customers - eventually 7pm a plumber turned up!!!

That was my weekend!!!!!! Other than that it was nice :).

There seem to be lots of confessions going on this week - come on my darlings, we all have bad times but the important thing is to pick ourselves up, draw a line under any mishaps and start fresh the following morning :). Just remember how far we've all come together - its just the start we can go even further and succeed :)

Twinny - wow, you are doing sooooooooooooooooooo bloody wel. Keep it up my lovely x

Loumo - woop woop for your loss too. You've done so well :)

I just love the support we all give each other on here.

Hopefully we will all have a fantastic week :)

xxx

ps - Ang - have an amazing birthday and break away - speak soon xx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049:
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049:
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (2/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096:
Lee (8.5/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple:

Juicy -
Marli - Tues wk 1 - 5lbs :clap: wk 2 -2lbs :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :bliss:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi - Fri
Gliter -Mon

Aw Becca seems like you had a very stressful weekend. I hope you got it sorted in the end? I am booking my holiday this week so that has given me a reality check. I went for an hour walk tonight so doing well so far. I'm not too worried about WI tomorrow. It'll be what it'll be. Probably 2-3lbs but I'll take it and keep going.

Well done Clare and Loumo. Great losses :happy096:

Becca - The thread does wonders for me some days I must admit. Its nice to come on and see that people are struggling like me (sounds a bit nasty, but I mean it in the nicest way!) and when we have confessions it makes me feel better that I am not the only one who tends to binge occasionally and get a little off track.

Hope you managed to sort things out with the plumbing? What a nightmare! Hope this weekend is a better one for you hun!!

I'm 5-12am in work today and just had my dinner for the night - 0 point soup and 2 slices of toast with butter. Bargain of 4 point meal :D That really filled me. I'm hoping I can be strong and resist the urge to pick at something when I get in. I'll probably have a coffee and head to bed as I'm up early in the morning :)

Looking forward to this weeks WI! xx

Would love to join!

Hi everyone my name is Jaime - 24 yrs old, and want to lose about 12 kgs (roughly 20 pounds) by May. I think this is achievable but i have been attempting the pro points plan for the last 7 weeks and have not lost more then 1-2 pounds! :cry:I would like to try the discover plan (did try it a couple of years ago and it seemed to work) but i don't have any of the books etc so may have one or two questions for you all! Hope thats ok!

Great losses people, STS peps not to worry it will show next week, hope all of u guys are strong and motivated keep going as summer will be here before u know it. Goof luck Wednesday weigh ins, fingers cross il have a nice loss tmw xxx

Good morning all,

Back a lot better still not 100% but well enough to go back to work. Just need to take it easy.

Well done everyone for their losses and sts. I've managed to stay on track no wobbles and still feeling focused.

We're now at the beginning of a new month. Doesn't seem 2 minutes ago since we all started on our journey and here we are a few pounds lighter and feeling better about ourselves. We've all made new friends and come to rely on each other for support.
When I first joined the thread I was a bit sceptical about the whole thing but soon come to realise its more powerful than going to a meeting in my opinion. By the way it's looking we will all get close too or achieve what we set out to do. Good luck everyone and thanks for your continued support.

Good luck for weigh in everyone

Good morning guys!

Hope everyone has been fine, its been a week since i last posted after my big mess up with my scales. My week was terrible and we received some really bad news too,which is why i haven't been able post in a week.

Anyways im back now and ready to roll.

Well done on everyone who has lost and a big 'heyyyy' to all the newbies.

Thanks Jo on the advice regarding the heavy duty scales, didn't manage to get them as they were all full price but will definitely be looking out for them.

The following day after weigh in i weighed myself on my Wii board using wii fit, so im going to be using that now. They were always reliable in the past and i cant have the headache of those bloody ww scales jumping numbers lol.
But...the Wii board always make me more heavier, which i remembered from before so ive adjusted my details to correspond with my lost to date and my wii scales.

Weighed this morning and ive lost 2lbs!!! Which im sooooooo happy with! The Wii shows me a weight graph which is very motivating too.:):):):):):):)

Becca could you kindly change my weigh in day to Wednesday and update the following
last week STS
this week -2lbs
total lost 9lbs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started the day with Oats so simple syrup porridge totally to 3.5p including milk portion and will be having steam fish for dinner. Not sure about lunch.

Morning everyone, well after my wobble at the weekend iv still lost 1lb at WI in today, so im delighted. 3lb to go for my first stone off! Thats my aim for next week, i will sticking to my points and working out like mad! Hope you all have a great day xx

Welldone marlli and chazz brilliant job plz keep motivated x

Weighed in just now and have lost 2.1/4 pounds so happy iv lost my 1st 1/2 stone in 3 weeks got another 4.5 stones left think am Gona do mini goals of half a stone just to make it sound easier lol.

Becca darling my new stats are 7/69 x

Good luck everyone weighing in today xxx

I really don't want to write this given everyone's great losses this morning but here goes.....up 2lbs today :cry: Anyway off out for a walk in a bit and then going to do Davina DVD later on as well. I want that 2lbs gone but next week.

HI everyone

how are we all doing today?

glad you are feeling a little better Lee - I know what you mean, a month into our challenge already, our losses have generally been really good and our little family has grown in size :)

Well done to Marli, Chaz and Sas on your losses :). Keep it up ladies

Eabha - oh dear hun. How do you feel about it? are you ready to start fresh? :). Its a new week now lovely and in 7 short days time that 2lb could easily be gone :).

Twinny - how are you doing hun? still working silly hours?

afm - well, I am ok. Feeling very very huffy though as had an absolutely sh** morning at work. I just dont get it - how is it some people can fall in the poop and ALWAYS come up smelling of roses!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry - I just had to get that off my chest! Anyway diet wise - i'm doing good, have stuck to all points allowances and did Zumba live last night. Will try to do Zumba cardio this evening before hubby gets home, then tomorrow am off to see Russell Kane.

Well - back to the grindstone :). Hope you all have a good afternoon

Love and a huuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hug for motivation :) xx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049:
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :(
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (8.5/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi - Fri
Gliter -Mon

Thanks Becca. I just got a sick feeling in my stomach seeing it written down in the tracker but its a huge motivational push. That is what's so great about this summer challenge. I feel ok now. I'm proud that I told you guys because before Christmas I probably would've lied and said sts to avoid the shame of it :eek: Anyway I started back last night. I didn't wait til today to do it so I'm working for next week.

I hope your day gets better :bighug:

Back