SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Little bit gutted that my weekend drinking session has made me put on 0.6 lbs! I'm back on plan anyway so its not a massive deal for me, hopefully next weeks wi will actually give me a loss! Got to stay with it. Just made ww chicken noodle soup from my new cookbook, it was sooo nice and only 1 1/2 points a bowl!

A good day with the diet today and managed a bit of a walk as I chose the furthest car park in town and walked to and from. Just had my pasta & salad before work, looking forward to a nice bowl of soup and pitta bread on my break later :)

Hopeful for a loss this week!

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone has had a fab day!
I stumbled across 'The Pure Points Cookbook' today! It has some really good receipts in, that look like there very tasty!

@upthe duff -I wouldnt worry too much about your gain this week, dont think about it too much and turn the gain into a positive where you can learn from any mistakes you've made or where you may have gone wrong.
Im sure im going to have some slight hicups along the way! Also be proud of yourself for staying motivated to continue! I wouldnt go to a meeting if i knew i had put on in the past or if i had found out i had a gained it would really demotivate me and make me feel like i was a failure. You can do it!!

My day has gone well so far, i had a lovely treat of Milky Bar buttons which were soooo delicious at 3.5 pts Yum.

Ive been addicted to cream crackers and light babybells for lunch for a while now, i guess bacause i can have a few and i know the points are extra low.
Stem fish and veg for dinner with enough points left for a cuppa and some biscuits. So i feeling good, will try and squeeze in a kettlebell workout tonite before bed!

Does anyone know where to get WW cornettos? Been searching the super markets and i cant seem to find any!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening!

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone has had a fab day!
I stumbled across 'The Pure Points Cookbook' today! It has some really good receipts in, that look like there very tasty!

@upthe duff -I wouldnt worry too much about your gain this week, dont think about it too much and turn the gain into a positive where you can learn from any mistakes you've made or where you may have gone wrong.
Im sure im going to have some slight hicups along the way! Also be proud of yourself for staying motivated to continue! I wouldnt go to a meeting if i knew i had put on in the past or if i had found out i had a gained it would really demotivate me and make me feel like i was a failure. You can do it!!

My day has gone well so far, i had a lovely treat of Milky Bar buttons which were soooo delicious at 3.5 pts Yum.

Ive been addicted to cream crackers and light babybells for lunch for a while now, i guess bacause i can have a few and i know the points are extra low.
Stem fish and veg for dinner with enough points left for a cuppa and some biscuits. So i feeling good, will try and squeeze in a kettlebell workout tonite before bed!

Does anyone know where to get WW cornettos? Been searching the super markets and i cant seem to find any!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening!

HI hun

hope you're doing ok. I get the WW cornettos from ASDA xx

HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

is there anyone there? Whats happened to everyone, its gone very quiet on here. Miss you all :(

How is everyones week going?

I'm doing ok, have stuck to points everyday but scales this morning say i've gone up 2lb!!!!! I'm not getting it! I am trying not to be too dishearted as the same thing happened last week but then by Saturday I had actually lost 2lbs! We shall see. WIll be very miffed if I have put on though!!

So my lovelies, are we still all full of motivation and aiming to be slimmer, healthier, looking fab and feeling magnificant by summer :). We're well on the way to getting there :)

Hope to hear from you all soon

love bec xxx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049:
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :(
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (8.5/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi (3/24) - Fri
Gliter -Mon

Hey Twinny :D

It is a bit quiet on here today! I didn't get the chance to check in yesterday, I was working til midnight :(

On the plus side, I am being taken for a night away tonight in Bath, yey! I sooooooo need a break. Only problem is that the hotel includes a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine. I am in such a dilemma, part of me wants to enjoy it as I have been so stressed lately, but another part of me doesn't want to mess this journey up! Plus I have a big girls night out on Saturday - I am in for a gain on Tuesday I can feel it. Guess we have to live a little too though right?!

How is your week going? Don't worry about being 2 pounds up, stop looking!! (I can't talk!) but you can fluctuate so much even hour to hour. I think we should make a little pact to only weigh on our weigh days? Hows your treatment going?

Hope everyone else is doing well - congrats on the losses guys, it's fab! We are going to all get there together, I know it :)

xx

hiya guys

I know Im soooo late joining this challenge but would you guys mind if I joined in ??
Its sooo hard to find a challenge where every1 is doing the old plan / discover plan !!!

A little bit about me ... Im 25 yr old girl (still think of myself as a girl ha ha ha young at heart !!)
who lives in Ireland. I started my ww journey about 3 years ago, went to meetings and got on great with the discover plan.
Lost a stone and have been up and down since then, doing it myself at home ... Lost 2stone so far and only another 9lbs til
I get to goal - but boy are the last few lbs tough !! I started afresh Jan 2012 and weighed in at 11 stone 10
Am now down to 11 st 1.5lbs and overall goal is 10 stone 7lbs - Iv never been at goal, this is prob the lowest weight
Iv been to in a while.

I want 2012 to be the year I get my diet and exercise under control ...!!!!

Hope you guys dont mind me joining in so late, I weigh in on Tuesday mornings at home + want to be at goal
as well as toned lol for my holiday in May (think bikini body !!!!)

Niamh x

Hi Niamh!

You're more than welcome to join us :) I've got 9 pounds to go to goal too and I feel your pain, it's hard work! I've got a holiday in April - we'll get there!

Welcome and good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Busybee don't worry about the gain. Draw a line under it and if you work hard you'll definitely have it off by next week :)

Thanks for the support Marli. I have definitely learnt from it. I feel so much better today. The bloating from all the crap I ate is finally gone. Now I'm picturing that bikini body :cross: I like the sound of the cream crackers so I might get them next week!

Hope you're keeping well Jo :)

Becca it's very quiet without Ang and Lee! Don't worry about the scales now. Its proven you wrong on WI day before so just wait until Sat!!

Welcome Niamh. You've done so well so far. You've done so well so far, you'll definitely get those last few lbs off.

I'm still on track thank god. I hate seeing those 2lbs beside my name so that's really keeping me going. I feel so much better and I've finally got stuck into the exercise. The rain has held off the last few days which has really helped.

Thanks so much for the welcome ... really wanna get there in 2012 - once and for all !!!!
Had a bit of a picky day yesterday, was really good til the evening lol wasnt overly bad so have drawn a line
and back on track today .... had 2 weatabix for breakfast, lunch is salmon + cheese on a pitta bread, dinner is a very healthy
chicken salad with dressing and another pitta bread - leaves me with 8points to spend on vodka hehehe !!

I need my few drinks at the weekend lol any one else like me !?

Have no major plans for the weekend so in reality I should be able to be good and stick to points .. drinks 2nite max of 8 vodkas
which is loads ... tomorrow then meeting a friend for lunch, will get a healthy sandwhich, dinner is sorted, my mam made
pasta + chicken dish with WW pasta sauce ... so I need to be good this weekend !! TOTM looming lol sorry way too much info
but I find it sooo hard to resist the choccie !!!!!!

Hope you all are well xx thanks again for letting me join the group I need all the help I can get !

Hello my lovelies

How is everyone getting on?

I hope Ang is having a nice time away - I just keep thinking wouldn't be be lovely now to be sat relaxing by a pool in the sunshine. It was -6 this morning when I got in my car :eek:

Sas - love your new profile pic hun :)_

Twinny - hello and :bighug:. Arrrr, that will be lovely to have a night away. In some ways I feel like saying to just enjoy the treat and if you put a lb on (which is doubtful for one night off) then it will be gone by next week I am positive. The thing is hun as much as we are all desperate to shift our weight, we cant live 24/7b thinking about and watching what we eat, there has to be a little let up occasionally, even if it is just once a month having a meal out. You have to do what you feel is right as you have to deal with your emotions the following day, but I just think after the stressful few weeks you've had you deserve a break and a treat, and not having to worry about what passes your lips :candledinner: . Seriously lovely, enjoy yourself, if you do do any damage it can always be turned around the following week :)

Thanks for asking about our treatment. i'm supposed to start injecting on Tuesday which is day 21 of my cycle, the only problem is I have TOTM again started today, which is a pain because I only had 1 a few weeks ago, its not due yet!!!! I guess that could be why i've gone up 2lb, it would figure!!!!! The clinic have said to carry on and start injections anyway so give it a week and I will be one big walking hormone :)

Niamhs - WELCOME :bighug:. Its never too late to join us :). Hope you'll feel at home here and that we'll be able to help you on your journey - you've done so amazingly well already :)

Eabha - hi hon. Glad you feel back on track.

AFM - well, the scales this morning still say i'm up 2lb but I think as TOTM has returned (after only 3 bloomin weeks), that may explain it. I am starting to get, not disheartened, and definately not demotivated, but am feeling a little dissapointed that my losses seem to be struggling. I think my body has been so messed up lately with all the hormones from our recent IVF its going to take time. We are out for a meal tomorrow night with friends to discuss a suprise party we're planning for my folks, then are being taken out by parents for SUnday lunch. I think my lovelies, if its ok with everyone else, I will weigh in tomorrow and plot my gain (grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!), then I will miss 1 weeks weigh in to give my body a fair chance to get straight and adjust to the new hormones i'm starting this week. Is that ok with everyone? I just know if I have 2 weeks in a row with gains then I will be so upset so i'd rather give it 2 weeks.

Well, should have gone back to work by now so better dash. (niamh if ok hun i'll add you to the tracker tomorrow as will get in trouble if I dont crack on)

love xxxxx

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good day. Ive had a fab week so far, but same as last week, i have 2 parties this weekend, this time i will be sticking to vodka and soda water, and i have bought in some fruit for when i want to eat because of my hangover.

Have a great weekend everyone!
xx

Jo sounds like you've had a terrible few days. You're dead right not to tell Harley about the chicken. Don't worry about the gain. You know why it happened so you can rectify it for next week. Enjoy your dinner this evening :bighug:

Chaz and Niamh so jealous of you going out. I'd love to but I've so much work to do this weekend :(

Becca your treatment is the most important thing atm. You need to get your body right for that and then you can focus properly on the weight loss. I really hope it works out for you :heartpump:

I'm still on track. I took a sneaky peek this morning and I've lost 1 of those 2 lbs. I'm going to go for a walk in a bit. I'm feeling the munchies coming on so I just need to hold off until dinner time and I should be ok.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

Becca - thats fine, thanks sooo much, wont be on over the weekend but will catch up with you all on Monday.
Is it you who started the challenge ?? Fair play! Iv spent the day (in work hehehe ) catching up with all the posts, you all seem
like a lovely bunch I weigh in on Tuesday mornings xx

Chazz - hangover munchies are the worst ...!!! I love vodka lol so drinking it with diet 7up / soda water isnt a problem for me ... its sooo low at just 1point per measure - wow !! Bringing fruit in is a great idea ... also velvet crunch crisps are only 1point per pack and are great for hangover munchies!

Jo - sounds like a stressful time for you at the moment, well done for not turning to food ! I know Im terrible at comfort eating - a habit Im trying to break !!

uptheduff - eeek munchies are tough, hope u managed to resist .. its hard sometimes isnt it ... I find planning my meals help but then again sometimes
I do that and still turn to munchies LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend, looking forward to getting to know all of you better, will post again on Monday

Niamh xx

Please May I Join?

Hi Ladies,

I am new on here and this is just the challenge that I am looking for.

I did WW (Discovery) a couple of years ago after having my son and I went from 12 stone to 10 stone... My ideal weight. I stopped going after we went on holiday and my partner was then rushed into hospital, where he was for a number of weeks... I put a stone back on during those 6 weeks and was totally deflated and too scared to go back! Since then, I have lost no more than a few pounds a time - Slimming World, Calorie Counting and WW Pro Points. I have no books from my old days so was unbelievably happy to find MiniMins and a few other sites where there are still huge amounts of resources, and my Nan gave me her old calculator too! :cool: Haha.

I started a week and a half ago, at 13 stone. :(
Weighed in on Monday at 12 stone 9. :) Despite not being in the full swing of things and having a few lapse days!

So now, I am weighing in again on Monday. (That will be my weigh in day.) I'm finally getting to grips with it again (have to say, meetings do generally get you into it quicker, which is why I think the support of this forum will help so much!) and have been good all week, counting and making some better choices. So fingers crossed for another good loss this week!

We're going to Cornwall at the end of May, so my first goal is for that:- 21 lbs in total. Sounds a lot, but I have based that on 1lb a week from now (already got my first 5lb) ... I'll be 11 and a half stone then. :D

I'll set my other goals as and when, I don't want to pressure myself too much just yet.

Back