SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been on this week, i've had a lot of family probs to deal with...I haven't really been following my diet this week, I was supposed to WI Monday, but didn't have time to, then everything has gone wrong, trips to hospital,drs etc.More to come as well.. So what i'm going to do is put a massive bold black line through this week, and try to get back on track with things next week...To be honest I feel extremely annoyed with myself for letting the stress of life get to me this week, but every things been out of my control..Well done to everyone who have stuck with it, and had a loss..Hope everyone are ok, will catch up on posts, when i have the time, but for now i'm hopefully going to get some sleep, which I haven't had for 3 days!! Goodnight everyone.x.

Morning my lovelies

HAPPY SATURDAY :). I do so love those days where you dont have to get up to an alarm clock.

How is everyone doing?

Welcome Gleave - its lovely to have you join us. SOunds like you've done so well in the past so I am sure you'll get there again. This forum I think is such a great help to everyone I hope you find it the same. Where abouts in Cornwall are you going? My favourite place in the world :) (Jo from this thread lives there :)).

Talking of Jo - :hug99:. SOunds like you've had a nightmare of a week. Hope you enjoyed your meal last night and managed to relax after the stresses. Car's are wonderful things aren't they! I'm fortunate my hubby works at Kwik fit so any car issues are over to him. The right choice I think not telling Harvey. Bless, have you got your new chicken? How are things in lovely Cornwall? We've been watching the Caroline Quentin programme - I soooooooooooo cant wait to get down there in May

Niamhs - morning lovely. Yes I did start the thread. We initially did a Christmas COuntdown, then decided we'd follow on with a SUmmer Challenge. I did start it as I say but that was the easy bit, the amazing bit has been the amount of people that have joined our slimming family and the friends we've made and the support we receive. Everyone that comes here is great :)

Lisi - WOOOOOOOOOWWWW and a woop woop. Well done you on your loss :happy096: keep up the good work

Misteeq - :hug99:. You poor thing - sounds ike you've had a nightmare week. I really things are getting better now hun. Just get some rest and we'll still be here when you're ready to post :)

Hi to everyone else.

afm - well, I am sure my scales have a mind of their own. I have amazingly STS, every day this week it said I was 2lb up. I think they see me coming and look at me and say - 'we're gonna tease you, we're gonna tease you, we'll only tell the truth on your weigh in day!!'. Serves me right - I think I need to stay away from them until a Saturday morning! I am going to have next week off weighing in though I think as long as no one objects (dont want you to think i'm cheating :)), i'll still post etc, but as you know am starting hormone injections Tuesday so want to give my body chance to get used to them and make that my focus for a bit. SO next weigh in for me will be 18th Feb.

Well, off to have a soak in the bath. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend

xx

ps. May not be able to post tomorrow as have a family day with lunch etc

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :(
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (8.5/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049:
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues
Gleave - Mon

Becca well done on sts. Keep up the good work and when you WI in 2 weeks hopefully you'll see a big loss.

Misteeq hope everything is better now :hug99: WI this Mon and draw a line under it. The most important thing is to keep going no matter what.

Well done on your loss Lisi :clap:

Welcome Gleave. You did really well in your first week. 21lbs is doable by May. Good luck with your journey :welcome:

Niamh the munchies got to me a little bit. But if it was last week I'd have gorged on every sweet thing in the house. I've racked up a good few activity points as well so I have plenty of points to cover it. I do plan my meals religiously but I find at the weekend if I'm not doing anything it can be tough. I'm hoping the rain will go away so I can go for a walk.

Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

Thank you UpTheDuff and Becca! I am pleased to be here! :D

We are going to Holywell Bay this time, which is a first for us. It's one of my favourite places too, so lovely and chilled and friendly. Hard to believe it's actually the same country at times. I too have been watching Cornwall with Caroline Q ... How jealous was I of some of their lives??!! Especially the chef in the first episode... So idyllic!

Becca, when are you going in May? Whereabouts?

I stepped on the scales this morning :eek: I am not going to announce it just yet as it's not my official weigh in day and it was a big loss, plus I hadn't eaten by that point, so I think there is time for it to change still! If it stays as it is though, I'll be chuffed to pieces.

Saturdays are almost always family days, everyone gets together and one member's house on my side. Usually involves a lot of nice, but heavy, food and it's always been a challenge! So, I made a few dishes and took them with me instead and made an "iced tiramasu" which was low fat ... all worked out pretty fine and tasty!

OH is on nights tonight too so I am home with the dog for company now Cayden (my little boy) is asleep... Hot choc, light squirty cream and a little bag of marshmallows is my treat for tonight! This is why I LOVE this WW Discovery Plan it fits in so much better than ProPoints or Slimming World... I have the points left, so I can have something I REALLY will enjoy... It is only 4 points, but still... :D:D:D

Evening everybody,

Well we're back from my birthday break and I've had a lovely time. :bday:

:eating: Diet wise I've tried not to go overboard and have had scrambled egg and mushrooms with dry toast every breakfast. We took a load of fruit with us and I also took some Pink and Whites so we just grazed on that during the day. I was pleased with my choices for starter and main courses each dinner as I kept away from carbs and had meat and loads of veg from carvery but did have a dessert on 3 nights. I'm not a big drinker so a couple of glasses of wine each night and I was tipsy :party0036:

I went in the pool every day and did 12 lengths, did 50 minutes in the gym on the treadmill :whacky068: and also had a couple of gentle strolls as the weather was sunny but cold. We also had a round of golf one day so I'm hoping that I did enough exercise to counteract the puddings and wine.
I tried to be good after my one day massive diet break last week :17729:

Well done to all the losers that I missed congratulating on their WI day and a big well done to Becca for STS. :happy096: Hope everything goes well for you with your treatment this time and I totally agree that a break from WI whilst you're staring your injections is a sensible idea.

Welcome to any newcomers that I've missed, you're in the right place on this thread :welcome2:

Missed you all whilst I've been away, it's good to know how much support we all get from this thread :thankyou:

Luv Ang xx

Morning everyone! Just a quick check in, going shopping soon.
never made my party no2 lastnight was far too hungover,i managed so much better this weekend than I did last weekend with the hangover munchies.never went over points at all so still on track this week.would love 3lb for this 1st stone to be off!
Well done on all the losses and sts and welcome to all the newbies.
Have a good day everyone.
Xx

Hi all,

Hope you've all had a great weekend and enjoyed the snow.

I missed my WI on Saturday as my husband took me away for a surprise weekend to Edinburgh on Friday. It was lovely but as you can probably appreciate I'm not going to get weighed again until next weekend!!

Has anyone ever tried a GI diet? I'm terrible for giving into sugar cravings mud afternoon, so this week I'm going to try to eat GI low food as part of my ww plan. I'll let you know how I get on.

Have a good week everyone.

Karen x

Evening everyone, just checking in to read the posts, see if I can get to know a bit more about all of you! I was going to read through the thread, but I think it may take me a while! Becca, I'd give it a week too for your body to settle before you hit the diet again! Some things are more important anyway.

I have no idea what the scales are going to say tomorrow. We've had a bit of a bad day today, one thing after another and a minor family crisis, so before 6 I hadn't eaten a single thing today! Which I know, is not good and it really does me no favours, from past experience, so when OH suggested we get a chippy tea I almost died at first (I refuse to eat chips from any take-out as they are way too high, and I feel scammed haha!) but opted for a chicken burger, salad and pinched 5 of DS' chips. I had 20 points left (normally have 24 but I take a milk allowance out for milk, hot drinks etc) so I am hoping that is enough to cover it... Should be??? Slightly worried now!

Oh, and while I am here... Me and OH are having our date night on Tuesday evening. We're going to the cinema and Frankie & Benny's.. I can work out what I will have in F&B's from nutrition info, but I am stuck on what to do at the pictures... Not sure what the popcorn is like, points wise, any suggestions for an alternative?

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ang welcome back. It sounds like you had a great time! It's great that you got exercise in and hopefully it'll show on Weds :cross:

Karen I'm so jealous. I would love to get whisked away for a weekend. Anything to get me away from the mounting college work :cry:

Gleave I'd say you are covered by your points. At least you made a WW conscious decision. For the cinema why don't you bring a bag of popcorn with you or a bag of crisps that are low point. I'd bring a bag of manhattan popcorn and milky way bar with me to the cinema.

I've done really well with exercise since Tuesday. On the downside I've struggled with food cravings. I think its because I was supposed to have my TOTM and I'm having the normal side effects with it. I'm really tired as well so not sure what's causing it. I haven't done any major damage though. I've pointed everything and had the points to cover it thank god.

I've also decided to stop jumping on the scales every morning. I miss the excitement of not knowing come WI. As a result I've no idea what to expect this Weds.

Well, I've never taken anything with me to the cinema since I was 15. I took my own drink and sweets in with me and the cinema can do handbag checks, they did one on me and marched me out of there... didn't even just confiscate it, I actually was walked out! Never been so humiliated! Since then, I have never dared to take my own. (I would for the plain fact that the cinema stuff is so expensive, comparatively!)

I had the same TOTM effects when I was pregnant too, in fact they were actually worse. It's odd, isn't it. What are your plans for weight loss being pregnant? If you don't mind me asking... I ask I am trying to conceive and people always kind of look at me as if I am crazy, losing weight and ttc... but the way I see it, is I want as little baby weight to lose as possible and the healthier I am, the more chance I have on conceiving in the first place. It would be interesting to hear what your hopes are...

I'm not actually pregnant although I may look like it :eek: The username is a nickname that my friends call me. It's a play on my surname. My name's Éabha.

Wow I'm shocked that you're not allowed to bring in stuff to the cinema :eek: I'm from Ireland and here you can bring your own stuff in no bother. In that case then I'd go for a small plain popcorn and maybe a bag of malteasers. If they don't do small one's get a share bag and get your OH to eat most of them!

Becca is ttc as well so maybe she's the best one to ask for advice on that topic. I don't understand why people would find it weird though as you may as well try and lose as much weight as possible beforehand so that after you won't have as much to lose. And you're right it's much better to be healthier :)

Morning all,

Haven't been on for a few days but hoping to be on more this week.

I weighed in this morning and have a loss of 1.25lbs. Happy with that and showing some movement. So becca my chart should now show a Total of 9.75/42. Thank you for keeping log

Has everyone had snow where they are? Had some here in Peterborough. Side roads are worse. Me and my wife went for a walk in it yesterday and saw quite a few snowmen..main roads are all slushy and horrible. At least it's not minus 30 like some part of Europe.

Saturday we managed to get a 4.5 mile walk in around ferry meadows so pleased I managed to do a walk before snow.

My diet has been going quite well I had a mini blow up last Wednesday where I went 6 points over. Not sure why but I just felt hungry. Had a couple of oat cakes a bag of square crisps and some warm milk and honey. I managed to claw the points back over the following few days and stayed on track for the rest of the week.
I am seeing a difference in the way my clothes are fitting and having to tighten my belt a couple of notches. So everything Is going in the right direction.

Welcome to all the newbies on here. Sorry I missed you when you first started. We're a great bunch on here and someone always has some good advice.

Good luck to anyone else weighing in today

Hi Everyone

Very interesting reading all the posts, well done to everyone who weighed in so far ...!

Ang - well done you with the healthy breakfasts while you were away .. great idea bringing the pink and whites aswell, I
love these for a sweet treat, hope you have a fab loss this week, you have really put the effort in xx

Gleave - Do you mind me asking what you point a chippy chicken burger at ???? I often get these instead of a bag of chips,
but never know what to point them at ??? Also when I go to the cinema I get a small popcorn (salted) which is only 3.5
points and you get quite a bit for this !! Also ben and jerrys do a frozen yogurt choc ice cream which is 3points per scoop.

Well I had a lovely weekend, not sure how scales will be tomorrow lol Friday night I had a healthy dinner - but only to save
points for vodka lol had vodkas and diet 7up, resisted the drunken munchies !!! Saturday met a friend for lunch and shopping,
I was good and opted for a brown bread sandwhich with spicy chicken + lots of salad .... picked up a fab pair of black jeggings - in a size
12 wooo hoooo saturday night had more vodkas ooops lol sunday was clearly hungover, was as good as I could be but was picky
and munchy with the hang over ... not overly bad ... had rice cakes with chocolate spread on them (gorgeous!!!) and big bowl
of sugar free jelly and some ice cream (oops!) - really enjoyed it though so am feeling no guilt !!

Total healthy day today lol esp with weigh in tomorrow ....!!!! Also hitting gym today for a half an hour to try burn some calories!
Will keep ya posted on weigh in tomorrow!

Niamh x

Hi everyone

How are my Lovelies today?

Welcome back Ang and Lee - we missed you :cry:. Gald you had a good time at Alvaston, and well done you for chosing healthy options and for exercising :).

Lee - woop woop, well done on your loss. YOu are doing sooooooooooooooo well.

Fortunately snow here in Hereford wasn't too bad really. We had a dusting which froze but its gone now.

Eabha - well done on the exercise hun :)

Gleave - as for TTC and loosing weight, I think that as WW is healthy anyway that its fine to continue with it. Its not like a fad diet where we are trying to loose a ridiculous amount in a very short space of time so I think it will be ok. Just make sure you're getting all of your vitamins (i am taking soooooooooooo many supplements :)). If you want some advice on those, sign up to fertility friends forum and have a look at 'Angel Bumps' post on vitamins, its quite lengthy but really good.

Talking of TTC, we start our injections tomorrow - gulp, very nervous now. Can I just ask, does anyone mind me talking about it and mentioning how its going? I only ask as my emotions will probably be all over the place (which will affect my appetite no doubt), but I appreciate this is a weight loss forum so understand if you'd rather I kept it to myself.

Helloooooooooooo to everyone else and a very Happy Monday. These weekends fly by so quickly dont they. Hey ho - not long til the next one :)

Good luck for all those weigh ins this week - keep shrinking :) xx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :(
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049:
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues
Gleave - Mon

Weighed in, weight loss at 5lb. :bliss: When I weighed in on Saturday morning it was at 6lb, but as I said, I thought that wouldn't be right, and wasn't including that chicken burger! :mad: But still, 5lb is a good loss IMO! And definitely should be able to reach my goal now! :D

Niamhs, I had 20 points left as I'd not eaten anything, so I just had it! And hoped for the best and had a few grapes afterwards too... McDonalds Chicken Sandwich is 9 points (I think), but they're not fried so I was hoping it would only be around 15. Not sure though! Just a guess. My mum's got the eating out guide (you might see her on here soon, I've told her to join us!) and the best I can find for future reference is a chicken portion with skin removed, deep fried, for 6 points and then mushy peas is 2 points. So I would opt for that in the future but think I will stick to Happy meals and Subway if OH is wanting some junk fast food!

As for the cinema... Sweet popcorn, small is 5... Think I will have to wait and see how I go on during that day and then decide... Want to save enough for a steak and salad at Frankie & Bennys!

Leeejordan, the choices you made on the blow out were fairly good though! It could have been a whole lot worse!!!

My TOTM should be coming at some point... Grrr, I am so irregular I don't know properly when it should be... Haven't been on since Christmas and I feel like I should be, iyswim, so hoping that hurries up and bogs off! Don't want to be getting cravings!!

Thanks Gleave - har to point chippys and the likes isnt it ... I love a donar chicken kebab omg can only imagine the points in that ...

I normally stick to Subway (very low!) or chinese (easy to point - check out lady luck website) but find myself guessing points aswell, suppose its better than just throwing caution to the wind and not pointing it at all!!

Im having such a hungry day today - had a big bowl of veg soup (homemade) at lunch with 2 slices brown bread and was STUFFED !!!! Hungry now tho, had an apple there which will have to do me til dinner @8pm (after the gym)

Hope weigh in is ok tomorrow - Becca I will post my results tomorrow so u can update chart xxxx

Have a great eve every1 xx

Back