SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi gang,

Hope you're all well. Well done on your loss Lee and welcome back Ang, glad you had a fab birthday :)

I'm so so hungry this last few days, struggling really badly and I think it must be due to lack of planning, been out and about so much and not had as much control and I feel like I'm ruining everything! Dreading WI tomorrow, I haven't been bad apart from my night away but just feel horrendous.

Think I might go and do an online shop as that will stop me hitting the cupboards and also make sure I'm stocked up for the next week :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone! Officially started the discover plan today (switching from propoints as i just wasn't losing a thing!) Can definitely see a difference in the plan, even if people say they are similar.... felt the hunger pains a bit more today and really needed to plan what i ate to stay within points.
Can anyone possibly post a normal days menu on here, just need a few ideas on meals which will keep me fuller for longer..... i am on 18pts.

Thank you!Hope you all had a great monday!

I've just switched back from propoints too,my losses are a lot smaller on propoints.I have 22 points a day but today only had 18.

Breakfast : ww yoghurt. : 1
Fruit. : 1 1/2

Lunch : 2 slices of ww bread. : 1
2 slices low low cheese : 2
Pkt French fries : 1 1/2

Dinner : 2 ww sausages : 2
120g potato : 3
Swede : 0
Runner beans : 0

Extras : 1 pint of skimmed milk : 1
Pkt iced gems : 1 1/2
2 finger kit Kat : 2

Hope this helps :) x

Welcome back Lee. You've been missed. Well done on your loss :clap:

Becca of course your can talk about the injections. It can't be easy for you and it's good to get things off your chest. I really hope it works out for you. Let us know how you get on :hug99:

Gleave well done on your loss. That's fantastic :happy096: The most important thing about the cinema is to enjoy your night out. When I went to meetings my leader gave me a valuable piece of advice...don't fit your life around WW, fit WW around your life. So make sure you allow yourself a small treat :)
Also re the McDonalds chicken burgers, using this info here which is from the Irish site, a chicken sandwich is 6 points? I open to correction on that though!

Niamh and Clare good luck with your WI tomorrow. Clare I'm sure you will be fine and remember you've done really well so far.

Welcome Jameslea and honeybee :) It will take some used to readjusting to the points and coming up with meal plans.

Another points query....honeybee I've always pointed 2 slices WW bread as 1.5. I know one slice is only 0.5 point but when you put the info for 2 slices into the calculator it comes up as 1.5? Also the kit kat 2 fingers comes up as 2.5. Now I'm using an online calculator which good be wrong?

I've just been using my calculator.I've followed old points for a couple of years now and lost 103.5 lbs but gave new pp ago for 3wks and struggled to lose 2 lb so back to old plan :)

I'd be interested too as I've always pointed ww bread at 2 slices for 1.5 and kit kat at 2.5? If they are 2 then that's great!

Confession :( just had my first blow out since new year. Polished off a big tube of smarties, didn't even enjoy them as was eating them too fast due to guilt!! I don't know what I'm playing at, I've fallen out of the zone for the first time and want to come back please!!

That is my line. Tesco shop done and food for tomorrow planned. I'll accept whatever I put on at WI and start again xxx

Hello All,
I hope everybody's Monday was good food wise? I've stuck to it today (had a bad night Saturday. Lol)
Breakfast: Oat so simple - 4
Lunch - 0 point soup, WW Pitta 1.5, butter 1.
Dinner - Fried Potatoes - 4, cod in parsley sauce 2., fry light - 1 (I used a lot)
Snacks - Banana - 2, yoghurt -1, WW cake bar - 1.5, milk 2.

So thats me up to my 20 points for the day. Chilling with a 'cuppa tea' now :D

I stayed the same...there is a god!! Good luck to my Tuesday weigh in friends :)

Have a good day all xx

HI everyone

Just a real quickie to congratulate those of you who have lost or STS (twinny, can you text me your number again please sweets, i've got my phone back now but all my numbers have been deleted!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!). Everyone on here is doing such a fantastic job :). Twinny you will be our first stone looser I think :)

Sorry to be in such a rush - have had to go out so near enough finished lunch break. I am working until late tonight (open evenings) but will try to catch up with you all and update tracker when I get hom

hugs xx

Hi every one

Well I gained half a pound :-( I wasnt sure why this morning and was annoyed to be honest as I pointed everything
and did lots of exercise - even managed a mile walk on Sunday morning

BUT Iv got my girlie things just now so thats obviously the reason why ??? Or am I making excuses :-(

Im gonna be good this week and hope for a loss ... Iv got todays menu all sorted ...
B: porridge + milk 3points
L: bagel, salmon, cream cheese and an apple 5points
D: turkey, mushrooms, spicy tomato sauce + noodles 8points

Am I right in thinking turkey has the same points as chicken ?? 2.5points for a breast ?
I dont weigh things + tend to guess by portion size - I know I should weigh but dont want to get obsessed plus
my mam nearly always has dinner ready for me when I get home !!

Niamh xx

Well done on your sts! You are doing great so a sts is just fine. Jo x

Thanks Jo :D I have just had a real 'struggle' over the last few days but in the grand scheme of things I am sure that it doesn't matter. Onwards and upwards now!! x

Thanks alot for your menu ideas honeybee38 - and well done on your loss so far!! That's amazing! i am having a better day today, not so hungry and am planned what i am having for dinner and even a little treat :)
Weight is day if Friday so fingers crossed i see a loss!

I have weigh in on Friday too,not holding out any hope of a loss as I had a major wobble on Sunday (basically comfort ate because of family problem) but now I'm back with old points I know I'm going to get back on track.good luck for Friday x :)

Good Afternoon guys,

Have'nt managed to post for a few days, my daughter has been very poorly and sick of school.
Not to mention its been my TOTM too, i havent been pointing so i dont know what the scales are going to say tomorrow. I havent been able to control my sweet cravings either, urrggggghhhh.

I feel a little disappointed with myself, i dont seem to be able to focus on WW when theres other things going on..... i really go off track.

Does anyone else have this problem, i feeling a little dishearted to be honest, maybe its the WW blues lol.

Im going to tak a moment to read through all the posts and i will be back soon. x

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all ok , just shivering in this freezing cold must earn us some activity points surely ;)

Well done Clare on STS, you'rereally doing well.

Niamhs, I know how you must be feeling. It's awful when you've been super good and don't lose but put on instead. But 1/2 lb is really only a good long wee, isn't it :D.
Keep going and don't be disheartened, I'm sure it'll come off next week.
I think that turkey and chicken have the same points value, I always point them the same anyway.

Becca, how could you think that we wouldn't want to hear about your progress with the injections !!! I'm sure if you're moody we'll all shout back at you....only joking ;).
Well I want to know all the gory details, us nurses are all alike- nosey !!!

I've been really good since getting back from hols and hit the Zumba big style so fingers crossed for no more than a STS tomorrow

Luv Ang xx

Hi Guys,
Ive had a good old read of the posts that ive missed out on. Im feeling alot better now, thanks everyone....just knowing that there are others in the same boat as me has given me a bit of encouragement that i can get back on track.

My daughter looks like she'll be back at school tomorrow which is great, poor thing. But... im now feeling her symtoms! Lol im going to be determined to fight it away,better start dosing up on the lemsip lol.

So im going to do a bit of online food shopping now, to get some bits in so im prepared for the week ahead and get back on track tomorrow. I will weigh as normal and (big gulp) :busted:take any gains on the chin :cool:!

So new week and fresh start!
Well done on everyone this week! And Ang you are a star! Wow the amount of exercise you done on your break away! You go girl!!:happy096:
All the best Becca on your treatment! I hope it all goes wellm stay positive!

Have a lovely night all! Im off to watch the biggest loser!

Hello everyone

Hugs to you all :). how is everyone doing?

Marli - big hug hun. We all have hard times and deal with them differently. You just have to be able to accept that we'll all fall off the wagon but there is absolutely nothing stopping us getting back on , drawing a line under it and starting fresh :). I am one of these people that when times are tough or when i am down I usually have no appetite whatsover. I'm sure you can get there lovely, we're all here to help

Gleave - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Well done you, a 5lb loss is fab :). Kepe up the good work

Twinny - are you feeling any better now my darlin'. Its so hard sometimes to pull yourself out of these ruts. I'm attaching a huge invisible rope to you and trying to haul you out - there are so many of us pulling you up hun you cant fail :).

Jameslea and Honeybee - hope you have a good weigh in on Friday :)

Hi to Lisi, Eabha, Jo, Marli, and Ang :).

Thank you everyone so much for your support with the IVF :) - you are all such gems.

Niamhs, 1/2lb is only a tiny bit lovely, you can claw that back. I expect TOTM is the culprit, I tend to go up about 2lb around that time.

Well - hubby has just got back from his 'Man in the kitchen course' I have saved 10 points today so I can sample the crumble he has made - yummy!

Speak to you all tomorrow xxx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :)
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :(
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
May - Thurs