SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (13/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: (P2 - 2lbs) :)
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - STS :) Wk 2 - -1lb :)
Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: (P 2 +0.5lbs) :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap: Wk 1 STS
Sas (9.25/69) - P1 - 9.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :) Wk 2 - 1lbs :) Wk 3 +3lbs
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: (P2 - 0.5lbs) :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap: Wk 2 +2lbs Wk 3 - 2lbs :)
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds (P1 - 5.5lbs) :) WK 1 - 4.5lbs Wk 2 - STS :)
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues (p1 - 3lbs) :)
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :) wk 2 - 2lbs Wk 3 - 2lbs :party0049:
Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: Wk 2 - 2lbs :)
JayW - Mon Wk 1 -2lbs :) Wk 2 - 2lbs :party0049:
Gurl - Wk1 - 3lbs :)

How does this work then.....

Yesterday I had a sneaky peak at the scales and I'd lost 1lb, so thought I was on target for good loss this week for a change.

Today, I ate well, had a drastic hair cut (ie had about 6 inches off - a possible 1/4lb in weight I thought!!) and I managed to drag myself round a 3 mile run. Dead chuffed I was.

........ I've put on 1 1/2 lbs. :-(

My official WI for this week is a STS. I wouldn't want to see what that is now after last night with the amount of alcohol that was consumed :ashamed0005::drunk: But I had a such a good night and got so many compliments!! Tomorrow I start my 2 weeks kickstart/wendy/exercise plan so I'm really hoping it'll get me past this plateau.

Niamh have a great weekend away!

Lisi and Chazz well done on your STS

Becca that's great that scan went well so hopefully all will go well next week for you :hug99:

Karen I find in the last few weeks that increased exercise can cause you to put on but the main thing is to stick with it and it will eventually show on the scales.

Hi ladies, sorry its been so long! Adam's sister passed away on Sunday so we have had a really hard, busy week and weight watchers has seriously taken a back seat. We have all been meeting at pubs and me and Adam have been trying to keep his mum busy too so I have eaten out every single day at least once and as always, when things are tough, I have hit the chocolate. Big time. My loss on Monday was 1lb off, but it's safe to say I will be recording one hell of a gain on my next weigh in. But hey ho. It will come off and the midwife was not concerned about my bmi - just encouraged me to eat good meals.
Pregnancy is super draining me this time! With Cayden I managed absolutely fine in the first trimester - no problems. This time I have avoided the sickness again but I am totally shattered. Tried to get a sleep this afternoon but couldn't as it was daylight! Really need to get those black out blinds!

I have found some meal plans for different stages of pregnancy to make sure you are getting everything you need in normal foods. So, I am going to point them up, alter a couple of bits and follow them as best I can. I do need to get low point treats and I also need to accept that with hormones, I am going to lapse at times... I just have to try and keep focused - this forum is definitely the key to that!

Gleave - sorry to hear your news. Big hug.

I've managed to record a gain of 1 1/4 lbs this week. Booo! But I'll stick with the exercise and fingers crossed it will come right next week.

Have a great weekend all x

Gleave so sorry for your loss. Hope you are all holding up ok :bighug: You may be surprised by your WI this week but the main thing like you say is to eat good healthy meals so both you and baby are getting enough.

Karen keep up the exercise as it will pay off in the long run.

Well done gurl on your fab losses so far. Keep up the great work :happy096:

Day 1 of kickstart went so much better than I thought it would. I have had no cravings at all and stuck to my 3 meals. I feel really good as well. I didn't do my DVD today as a friend asked me to go for a walk with her as the weather is so nice here atm. We did a good hour walk.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Hi Guys,

Gleave, hope you are ok, really sorry for your loss.

Karchr, a good week and some exercise should see that right off :)

Gurl,well done thats a great loss!

Eabha, glad to hear that kickstart is going well and you've had no cravings, that would be my worry with the kickstart plan lol!

I have stayed the same this week, think it was coming having lost 4 pounds over the last two weeks when I wasn't really sticking to the plan so must have been catching up with me haha, so hopefully it meant I avoided a gain lol. Was a bit bad yesterday and am off to Edinburgh later to do a bit of shopping and lunch with my Aunt, seem to struggle with sticking to the plan at the weekends don't know if anyone else finds that also. :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, it's nice and sunny in Glasgow so getting the feeling spring is on its way!

Sophie

Hi. Have recently joined this forum site and I think its amazing and really useful. You have a great thread going on here, room for one more to join.

Claire

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Welcome pos bird..

Thank you everyone, all is settling now and the funeral is next Tuesday.

I've weighed in to a big massive 5 lb gain! :( I could blame everything, but I'll be totally honest and admit I have eaten crap and snacked loads and after Thursday, when I knew I'd put on, I gave up and just didn't care! But I am done with the blip now and will hopefully be able to get it off sharpish!

Eabha, I wish I could say I've been eating well balanced meals, but I actually haven't... As Adam's family is so big, "meetings" have taken place at pubs, so I was having pub lunches - I tried to stick to the healthier choices, but you can't eat out all week and not put on, really - and then at tea time, we have been shattered and couldn't care less what we were eating so it was all really poop. Then, like I said, I knew I'd put on so I kinda gave up and called it all off...

I'm going to get my meal plan shopping ordered tonight too, so that should help... I need to just balance my food and monitor the weight now. I'm almost 3 months gone, so I've not really got long before it gets really hard to lose anything... so, I am going to set a goal to lose this 5 (so I get back to my one stone!) and another 2lb off, and maintain that, by May 28th... my Cornawall holiday. The original goal, when I joined, was 21lb by then - however, I wasn't aware I was pregnant then! May 28th, I'll be 22 weeks pregnant... I WILL start to gain pretty quickly after then as baby does, but according to the midwife, if I am beginning to eat healthily and overweight (as I am) then I shouldn't be gaining a lot until that point, or just after, really... so it'll require a lot more effort to lose that 7lb, I think, but it is safe and it is do-able.

I'm on day 3 of kickstart and my exercise kick and I feel really good atm. I still have no cravings which I'm shocked at. I've done the DVD yesterday and today and I'm in bits but its definitely working because I've lost 2 inches on my stomach :D and small half inches from other parts. And the scales are looking good as well.

Sophie well done on your STS. Kickstart isn't that bad once you spread the 3 meals properly. I never thought I'd be able to do it because I'm a chocolate junkie but its much easier than I thought. Its sunny here in Dublin as well which is great as its much easier to be good when the weather is nice. Although it is very cold!

Hi Claire. Welcome to the thread. The more the merrier. We're all here to help :)

Becca good luck with the transfer this week. I'll be thinking of you x

Hi guys and thank you for welcoming me. A bit about myself. I am a married with two young children and work full time. I am doing it on my own with the use of the site should I have any queries. I did really well last week and lost 4 pounds but not looking forward to weigh in on wed morning as my daughter had a birthday weekend and ate plenty of party food. I feel really disappointed in myself for not having self control and knowing that wed the scales will show a gain. Well I have given myself a big kick up the ass and will hit my treadmill after school before I start work.

Looking forward to sharing weight loss with you all
Claire.

gleave : sorry for your loss :( all the best for you and your family.

posbird: welcome :), Don't worry about the junk food, i heard that having junk food once in awhile is a good way to keep your metabolism guessing.

uptheduff: awesome kick start! having no cravings is definitely awesome, what kind of exercise are you doing?

I'm doing well myself, I'm doing turbo fire and insanity workouts ever since i started eating well and exercising i am a lot less tired and able to get up earlier. it's hard to not eat junk food sometimes when everyone else is but I think that results are the best way to keep from eating junk :)

Wow its gone quiet on here! Ang, Lee, Twinny....where are yooooou?!

Jo - how is Paul M going? I tried it for a few weeks last year and did well to begin with, but for me old habits die hard. Would love to hear how you're finding it.

Gleave - I am so sorry to hear about your loss, big massive hugs - you just focus on yourself and your family and you know we will be here to get you back on track when you're ready.

Twinny - how's the treatment going? Thinking of you hon :)

Eabha - what's this kickstart all about?! Sounds like something that I need to get involved in!

Welcome to the newbies to our board, you'll get fab support here!

I lost a pound today, so 10.5 and I have now LOST A STONE!!! Wahooo!! :D I am so chuffed. Thanks for all of your support guys

xx

good news - had a brilliant girlie weekend away .... !

bad news - 2.5 lb gain L Im finding it hard to get back to WW mode but really trying my best to get back on track today.

I have to admit, I had a binge, something I haven’t done since 2011 to be honest. It wasn’t as bad as normal where Id eat and eat til I felt sick but I hate binging, I hate the out of control feeling. I had my dinner .. lasagne and salad with garlic bread, then had few square of chocolate with boyfriend, had rice cake then with choc spread, had 2 more rice cakes … had 2 packets of chocolate animal things and few buscuits and 2 cereal bars uggggh feel like crap writing it all down!! Feel sick today, tummy very sore – food hangover is way worse than an alcohol hangover, this binging CANNOT happen again ! I need 2 make a promise to myself that it wont happen again. I think Im too strict with myself with WW sometimes, always saving points for the weekend, which does work for me as I do need points to enjoy myself over the weekend.

Sometimes I don’t like counting points and just want to eat what I want with BF, when I do reach goal (7lbs to go now – Will I ever get there !!!!!?)
I want to stop counting points and just eat healthy, exercise and keep the weight off ! Is this possible someone please tell me lol

Sorry for negative post, trying to get back in WW zone L

Will read thru posts now and reply back to every ones news xxx

Niamh xx

You had a fab weekend away with friends which can not be done on a regular basis so bloody enjoy yourself. I had a bad weekend with my daughter's birthday and I know I will have gained when I weigh myself tom. I felt disgusted with myself as I was almost out of control with the Buffett food and sweet desserts. It was a kick up the ass I needed as I can't keep binging as that's my problem. When you hit your goal I am sure that you would have learnt enough to know what's what. Just monitor in your head and keep checking your weight.

You will be fine
Claire

Just read thru all the posts ..

Gleave – so sorry to hear about Adams sister, tough time for you all, don’t worry about weight at a time like this, also focus on the baby and keep your energy up as best you can hun xx hope u are your are all doing ok xx
Are you eating extra points now you are pregnant or what way are you doing it ? Just interested really :D xx

Sophie – well done on STS, you are doing great at the moment with your weight loss, keep at it!

Claire – welcome to the group! We are a friendly lot lol I am really finding the group a great help as everyone is so kind and friendly xx
Im also doing WW on my own, weighing in at home every Tuesday, I use the internet to get points info and come here for support and chats, I personally find it better doing it myself, meetings put too much pressure on me, plus I wasted so much money on them lol !

Also Claire thanks for the reply back to my previous mail, I was feeling really down and negative, I have given myself a good talking to and am feeling a lot better now, have been good food wise 2day, im very hungry (after my weekend of eating what I want lol the diet food is a shock to my system) but Iv stuck to plan and eaten lots of fruit to help keep me going – gotta get back to the WW mindset lol

Clare – well done on your stone loss that’s Amazing !!! Have you much more to lose hun?

Chat soon

Niamh xx

I have been good the last few days now and starting to feel better then I did the weekend. I have 26 points a day. And so far I have accounted for everything and still have 11 left and that's including my tea. I make use of low point and free point foods that fill me up. There's room for a treat later if I fancy one when I finish work.

Kernow Jo well done on your losses, that's really good going. Sometimes its not all about the weight loss but the inches.

Claire

Wow that's fab Jo, well done!! I'm so glad it's working for you, not long to goal now and you'll be able to easily maintain if you learn those fundamental habits. It's such simple rules, I don't know why I couldn't stick to it! Might give it a rethink :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back