Summer Challenge!!!

woo hoo, I went today, having had a holiday last week and had a lost of 5.5 lbs I'm claiming 3.5 as I knew I had lost last week and claimed a nominal two then. Will update the list in a minute.

Great result well done :)

I'm joining this challenge for a kick up the back side! I have spent the past few weeks messing around. Before Christmas I had lost 1st 3lb, since Christmas I have struggled to get back into it and think I have had only 3 losses and I have now only lost 7lb :cry: That's both through me not following the plan properly but also gaining when I thought I had had a good week. Anyway, I got weighed last night so today is day 1 of my first week. I have an underactive thyroid so my losses are slower sometimes so I aim to lose 1lb per week and anything else is a bonus so by summer time I want to have lost 1 stone.

BritneyDean - 20lbs to lose - 0lbs lost
Belle -21lbs - 17lbs to lose - 4lbs lost
Becimarie.- 17.5lbs to lose - 0lbs lost
Rkmriddell - 24lbs to lose - 1lbs lost
Micci - 21lbs to lose - 3.5lbs lost
sunlightbub - 14lb to lose - 0lb lost
Chunky miss - 16lb to lose - 0.5lb lost
Cre84 - 20lb to loose - 0lb lost
Jimjam87 - 14lb to lose - 0lb lost

Welcome back x

Dammit. .. only half a pound off this week! Hehe

BritneyDean - 19.5lbs to lose - 0.5lbs lost

I weigh in in 40 minutes, so I'll let you all know!

Dammit. .. only half a pound off this week! Hehe

Well done on your loss :)

Becimarie (17.5lbs) - 16lbs to lose - 1.5lbs lost

1.5 off for me. It's a decent start.

Positive thinking everyone..!! get the superfree in now all week! we can do this!!!

Positive thinking everyone..!! get the superfree in now all week! we can do this!!!

Speed soup for me with just HEs and no syns at all for the next couple of days, I rather overdid it yesterday. Of course we can, how wonderful if everyone in a challenge achieved their goals.

Let's make this the first Minimins challenge for 100% success ;) Seriously, I wonder if that has ever been done. Certainly not any that I've been in before, I've only achieved one properly in the past. This is going to be different. Spring and times of positive change are here.

Speed soup for me with just HEs and no syns at all for the next couple of days, I rather overdid it yesterday. Of course we can, how wonderful if everyone in a challenge achieved their goals.

Let's make this the first Minimins challenge for 100% success ;) Seriously, I wonder if that has ever been done. Certainly not any that I've been in before, I've only achieved one properly in the past. This is going to be different. Spring and times of positive change are here.

I'm up for that!! 100% all the way x

Hi everyone, hope im not too late to join? I desperately want to slim down for summer so theres no hiding under baggy tops and leggings!
I'm aiming for a 17lbs loss which i think is doable :)
p.s I am a SW newbie can anyone fill me in on 'speed soup' lol?! xx

Hi everyone, hope im not too late to join? I desperately want to slim down for summer so theres no hiding under baggy tops and leggings!
I'm aiming for a 17lbs loss which i think is doable :)
p.s I am a SW newbie can anyone fill me in on 'speed soup' lol?! xx

Hi SammieLouise, I've added you on.

What about the formatting of this? I've noticed some people are reducing their target figures as they lose weight, I kept mine as it is so it is obvious what my overall target is throught the whole challenge. Is there a concensus on this and I've just been doing it wrong?

Speed soup, there is a thread about this in the recipe secion I think, but basically is a mixture of lots of different vegetables with some pulses. There is one with baked beans onions carrots, loads of stuff. my current favourites are:

Fake Heinze Cream of Tomato: 1 tin of baked beans, one tin of carrots, 1 tin of tomatoes 2 pickled onions and a stock cube liquidised together.

Sweet pepper and tomato: Half a jar of roasted red peppers, 1/2 teaspoon of Lebanese 7 spice powder, 1 teaspoon onion granules, 1 tin of tomatoes 1 tin of baked beans/chick peas. Liquidise together. Baked beans are speedier than chickpeas.

2 bean soup: cook some frozen grean beans and liquidise them with butter beans and a stock cube

Watercress and cauliflower: cook and liquidise with a stock cube

Right now I'm re-inventing butternut squash and onion soup, softening the veggies in a microwave ready to liquidise them together.

I'm a lazy cook and on days like this I like to eat easy foods like this. Particularly when I'm salvaging from an over enthusiastic enjoyment of some Asda Dark chocolate spread yesterday. I haven't worked out the syns but I like to think a couple of days of varied soups and HXs will work

I also like a bit of almond milk in my soups, the very low calorie one you can have 800 and something ml of for one HX A

SammieLouise071 - 17lbs to lose - 0 lbs lost

Hi SammieLouise, I've added you on.

What about the formatting of this? I've noticed some people are reducing their target figures as they lose weight, I kept mine as it is so it is obvious what my overall target is throught the whole challenge. Is there a concensus on this and I've just been doing it wrong?

Speed soup, there is a thread about this in the recipe secion I think, but basically is a mixture of lots of different vegetables with some pulses. There is one with baked beans onions carrots, loads of stuff. my current favourites are:

Fake Heinze Cream of Tomato: 1 tin of baked beans, one tin of carrots, 1 tin of tomatoes 2 pickled onions and a stock cube liquidised together.

Sweet pepper and tomato: Half a jar of roasted red peppers, 1/2 teaspoon of Lebanese 7 spice powder, 1 teaspoon onion granules, 1 tin of tomatoes 1 tin of baked beans/chick peas. Liquidise together. Baked beans are speedier than chickpeas.

2 bean soup: cook some frozen grean beans and liquidise them with butter beans and a stock cube

Watercress and cauliflower: cook and liquidise with a stock cube

Right now I'm re-inventing butternut squash and onion soup, softening the veggies in a microwave ready to liquidise them together.

I'm a lazy cook and on days like this I like to eat easy foods like this. Particularly when I'm salvaging from an over enthusiastic enjoyment of some Asda Dark chocolate spread yesterday. I haven't worked out the syns but I like to think a couple of days of varied soups and HXs will work

I also like a bit of almond milk in my soups, the very low calorie one you can have 800 and something ml of for one HX A

I'd go your way. X to lose, y lost. So that initial target always visible but whatever works :) I just tend to throw in whatever is in the fridge for soup! Must try the tomato one x

Micci how do you do the tomato? Carrot water in or not? Am going to make some x

Micci how do you do the tomato? Carrot water in or not? Am going to make some x

The original recipe said without the water but I found it too thick. It is amazingly good.

Yay 2lb off :)
Cre84 - 20lb to loose - 2lb lost

Yay 2lb off :)

Well done x

Hiya :) been looking for a challenge!
:)

Clover - 18lbs to lose - 0 lbs lost

Clover - 18lbs to lose - 0 lbs lost

Welcome britney :) hope you're all getting on ok. Wi for me tomorrow x

Hi Clover,

welcome to this challenge, it has been going well for everyone so far. Which reminds me, I said I'd keep a running total of the losses, better get on with it :)

How has the weekend been for everyone? I'll admit to having made some mistakes yesterday. I went out to eat where my daughter works and had a few syns there, then got home and decided that it could be a high syn day and that I would flexi syn until WI on Wednesday, 12 syns worth of crisps to add to the running total. So far so good but later when I was very tired I saw a plate of sandwiches I had made that were going to waste. Old habits kicked in and I ate them so fast I did not enjoy them, but felt compelled not to throw them away. Oh well, this happens less and less now and there is still three days left to salvage this.

Hoping everyone else has done better.

Back