Summer Hols struggling

SharonA_1970

I just cannot seem to do this now the kids are off on holidays. I have three girls 13, 11 and 6 all of them are stuck in the house most of the time at the moment cos of the weather. We don't have much money so I cannot afford to take them out to places all the time and as they differ so much it is diffcult finding things to keep them occupied.

Whilst they were all at school I never once had a problem around food during the day but now they are all at home I am finding it really difficult. I just haven't stopped eating today and thats really bad:mad:

Aww I know how you're feeling, my son is 13 and my daughter is 6 and when they're not arguing they're eating!:sigh:

I've tried to explain to them that they can't eat all the time because they're bored because I can't afford to buy too much extra food (didn't want to say that I'm worried they'd end up fat like me!) They don't seem to be listening :sigh: and there's only so much painting, colouring, reading etc that they'll do before it gets boring! lol

I'm trying hard not to eat more too, I can eat when I'm stressed, bored, tired, angry - anything can trigger me ending up in the biscuit barrel.:rolleyes:

Hope the weather picks up for everyone.

I too am finding it a struggle with the kids stuck indoors. They are 10 and 3 and fight like cat and dog. I cant afford to take them to all the indoor attractions either.

I havent cheated yet but have come very close several times over the last couple of days. I have really focused on the water intake today though and that seems to be helping a bit.

Back