Summers amungst us finally whats everyones fav salads?

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
IV been enjoying salads all week in work what is your favourite kind of salad?

Mine just now is a classic salad from m&s (20 cals) with lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mixed leaves, radish, spring onions. I have it with chicken from m&s (188 cal per box) its sweet chilli chicken and also 15g unsmoked bacon pieces (46 cals) with 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (30 cal) all for 284 calories and its amazinggggg!!! also expensive so i need to start making cheaper ones!!

Last edited:
Im loving M&S Egg&potato salad you even get a little sachet of salad cream, the whole thing is only 165 calories, there ham one is nice also a little higher at 171 calories. Thank god for M&S :0)

oooh, I have two faves at the mo.
The first is a Tuna Nicoise (sp) salad from Tesco. Leaves, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg and potato and tuna with a wee pot of GORGEOUS dressing. MUCH more filling than it looks, and only 175 cals (which I double check every time, cos I'm sure it must be a mistake lol). £2.80 though :-/

And the other is half a pack of Tescos Crunchy Salad bowl. Shredded leaves, carrot, cabbage, beetroot, tomato, sweetcorn...lovely mix, just 27 cals for half the (fairly large) pack, with a pack of Quorn Roast Chicken Slices [198] tossed through it, and a drizzle of kraft Light Honey & Mustard dressing [32]. Makes a hooooj and amazingly tasty salad for just 257 cals.

Great thread, looking forward to seeing other folk's faves!

I really like the Pret A Manger Tuna Nicoise salad and that is only 205 calories and that is more pricey than the Tesco one so I need to get down to Tesco and try theirs!

Ye can't beat a tuna, sweetcorn pasta salad. Delissshhhhhh :D

My salads always have, lettuce, chicory, pepper, spring onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms. Light salad cream or balsamic dressing and then, depending on how many calories I have left, turkey ham, tuna (plain or the little tins with other stuff in) cooked sausages, chorizo, pate. I've been having this with Ryvita because I am avoiding bread but I am still trying to find the Warburtons thins that people on here have been talking about. Luckily I love salad....lol!

Fionat29 said:
My salads always have, lettuce, chicory, pepper, spring onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms. Light salad cream or balsamic dressing and then, depending on how many calories I have left, turkey ham, tuna (plain or the little tins with other stuff in) cooked sausages, chorizo, pate. I've been having this with Ryvita because I am avoiding bread but I am still trying to find the Warburtons thins that people on here have been talking about. Luckily I love salad....lol!

Adds have warburtons thins! Quite expensive for what they are though, or so I thought!

Sent from my Milestone using MiniMins

you've got to love auto correct!! The iphone's great for that.
Nice to see you on here, that's another day then,well done. I'm going to look in Morrisons tomorrow, I haven't had bread for so long, I just fancy something resembling bread. Before this weight losing malarkey, my mum used to make me a sun-dried tomato and herb loaf, every week. It was delicious, but unless you slice it really thin, it has a million calories!! Not really, but almost 200 for an average slice so I went on to ryvita, but I do miss a big fat sandwich!

Fionat29 said:

Asda seems to be the only one of the big supermarkets that do it round by me? And only the bigger stores?

I've been salad mad for weeks now lol I'm loving my salad bowl from poundland :) big enough for a fairly generous salad with a good sized pot in the top for dressing/croutons!! Was a gift from the ma in law :) I don't really like lettuce much so I hide it amongst the tomato radish cucumber pepper red cabbage and carrot!!! Yum!! A cold grilled birdseye flavoured chicken chargrill sliced thru is my lunch of choice at the mo!!! A

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Legomom said:
Asda seems to be the only one of the big supermarkets that do it round by me? And only the bigger stores?

I've been salad mad for weeks now lol I'm loving my salad bowl from poundland :) big enough for a fairly generous salad with a good sized pot in the top for dressing/croutons!! Was a gift from the ma in law :) I don't really like lettuce much so I hide it amongst the tomato radish cucumber pepper red cabbage and carrot!!! Yum!! A cold grilled birdseye flavoured chicken chargrill sliced thru is my lunch of choice at the mo!!! A

What a great idea! I never would have thought of having a cold cooked BE grill but now you've said it, it's SO obvious.

Tesco do warbutons thins too. They're usually hiding behind the croissants :)

some of these ideas sound lovely i second what legomum said the saladbowl from poundland is fab i got it too :) really enjoying my salads just now too!
Another favourite of mine is the m&s prawn layored salad its only 185 calories and means i have some left over for fruit/low fat crisps/chocolate with my lunch

Is the poundland salad bowl chilled? I've never been in poundland but if it's as nice as you guys say it is I might be tempted!

I can't find the Warbutons Thins anywhere :(

The warbutons thins sell out really fast, it's pretty much a hit or a miss if they're in stock. When I see then I buy two or tree packets and freeze them because like I said, they're not in stock a lot of the time.

I got the thins in sainsburys x

I've seen then in Asda and Tesco and if you've seen them in sainsburys then that's pretty much all the major supermarkets except Morrisons (and no doubt they do them too!)

And I've just noticed your username, Lucy is such a pretty name :D

Back