Getting fit, healthy and losing weight - Jay's diary

jayy

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join and see what's going on. I'm mainly here to keep you updated (and to write things to sort my head out!) on my journey to get fit, healthy and lose weight.

About me:

23, male. Office worker = quite sedentary. 6 foot. After Christmas, I weighed 107kg. The lowest I've been for a while is 103kg. I was about 14.5stone about three years ago, and have never really been fit or healthy.

Goal:

Get under 25 in my BMI - so getting down to 84kg. Hopefully by my wedding in early autumn! Aiming to lose about 1kg a week.

How am I going to do this?

• Gym
    • Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday early mornings
      • 2 mile run (3.22km) - burns about 500 cals
      • Powerplates/weights in the time that I have left
    • Saturday
      • 3 mile run (5km) - burns about 600 cals
      • Powerplates and weights
      • Spinning - every two weeks
    • Sunday
      • 3 mile run (5km) - burns about 600 cals
      • Powerplates and weights
  • Other exercise
    • Short walks most evenings
    • Biking (as soon as I get a bike) - at least twice a week.
  • Supplements
    • XLS Medical - 2 after breakfast, 1 after lunch, 2 after dinner
    • Thermopure
      • 2 before going to the gym on gym days
      • 1 in the morning, afternoon and evening on non-gym days
    • Multivitamin
    • Depending on how the XLS and Thermopure work, diuretics/laxatives.
  • Dieting
    • Calorie counting everything except juice/squash, fruit and vegetables
    • Around 1500 calories a day, but not set in stone.
    • Trying to getaway from drinking squash (Robinsons No Added Sugar blackcurrant) but I really don't like plain water... I drink about 10 glasses a day at least.
    • Typical meals:
      • Breakfast - 2 Weetabix and sugar (about 200 cals), sometimes also some yoghurt (160cals)
      • Snack - 2 small packs of raisins (100cals) and an apple, any other fruit if I have it
      • Lunch - Cupasoup (100cals), or a M&S sweet chilli chicken noodle salad (yum, 325)
      • Dinner - Curry sauce (120) with lentils (100), plus other vegetables/salad, a naan bread/pitta bread (160), yoghurt (90) or jelly - total about 470
      • Dinner - pork medallions (155), sweet and sour sauce (110), vegetables, brown rice (265), yoghurt (90) or jelly - total about 620
    • Snacks - raisins, fruit, mixed berries, the odd chocolate biscuit
    • Where we fancy something like spaghetti bolognase, we're going to cook the night before and have for lunch the following day, so we're not eating lots of carbs late at night.
    • Remember, I'm not counting fruit, vegetables or squash/juice.

Let's go!

• Started on Monday 7th Jan - 106.8kg
  • I'm upset already that I'm not going to be able to eat much chocolate this Easter :(
  • Thinking that maybe my diet may be too low (but really, it's similar to what I was eating before being on a "diet" anyway?) - but not sure how to increase the calorie count slightly (about 200/250 cals) but without it being "bad" food
  • I'm quite fussy with what I eat, so it's going to be difficult to not become "boring" with our meals.
  • Having done my first 3mile run since Christmas this morning (28 mins) I'm seriously hoping I can cope with the early mornings (about 5.30 Tues-Fri, 9/9.30 Sat and Sun)
  • I need to make sure I set time aside at the weekends at the gym to have a proper weights session - I had about 15 mins left this morning after run+powerplates that wasn't enough to do what I want

What do you think?

What do you think I could do better? Any tips?

Thanks! :)

Jay

8th Jan

• Gym was OK, burned 510 calories
  • I ate 1500 calories (plus vegetables, fruit, squash/juice (not counted)) - so deficit (from 2500) = 1000cals. Probably a bit too much but I didn't really want to eat anything else in the evening.
  • My Thermopure tablets arrived at lunchtime, so I took one with lunch and one before dinner.
    • Definitely gave me a rush, especially the first tablet
    • It's got Raspberry Ketones in, and whenever I burped it tasted of raspberrys

9th Jan so far...
  • I took 3 Thermopure capsules at 5.35am, got to the gym at 5.45.
    • I read you're supposed to give them about 30 mins to start working, so I did a 7min warmup (0.85km, 100cals) and then did a range of weight machines and powerplates
    • Then about 6:15 I went onto the treadmill and started running. I didn't feel any energy boost, but I did feel more alert and a bit more focused - but as it was my second time running this year, I felt generally unfit and had to stop about every 0.5km.
    • I burnt 300cals in 20 mins and ran 2.72km
  • Today I feel a bit firmer, but that might just be as I get rid of the bloat by not eating as much as I did over Christmas...
  • Hopefully will get my XLS medical today - I went to sleep last night with hunger pangs so the appetite suppressant would be welcome!

Thanks for reading :)

Back