Sunday Hour X Hour

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Morning everyone!

I must still be a little jet-laggy - I was up till 3am, and only just woke up! I feel like half the day is gone!! I rarely sleep past 7am!

Must get cracking and get some things done now as we have to go see my father in law who is in hospital :( He has COPD and Emphazema and he had a cold that turned to Bronchitis - which is not good for him. He can't breathe. :( Poor sod, he really does suffer.

I can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow - feels like it is taking ages to get here. I am dying to see what shifte while I was away!

Well, have a good day everyone!!

xx

Oh, darn - I keep forgetting to report on the airplane seat! Well - WHAT a difference 80 or so pounds makes!! I sat down and did not feel either side of the seat and had loads of seat belt left when I pulled it through the loop!!! Fantastic.
Just one little thing that was a big deal for me! So nice!

Morning BL

I hope your FIL gets better soon. COPD is not good but i'm sure he is in good hands. Fingers crossed for him.

Good news on the airplane seat though. They are narrow at the best of times - i have always wondered how they expect people to fit into such small seats for such long journeys when bus seats, trains seats and leg room is generally more spacious.

I'm excited for you with your weigh in tomoz. Good luck with it.

I have to go do the grocery shopping for my mum. Best go and get on.

Have a good day all. xx

What a great feeling to fit properly in a plane seat. Hope your FIL makes a good and speedy recovery from his bronchitis. I have my best friends son's 2nd birthday party in Edinburgh to go to. Plus waiting for my hubbie to get home from golf so the 3 kids can give him his card and his pressie for fathers day. Don't think 3rd child will be awake. He's only 2 and got past the point of reasoning with tiredness. He's is a foul mood!! Anyway have a great day y'all!!

Hi All,

BL hope your FIL is doing better.

I had to pop in this morning as I had to work late on Wednesday. Not a great loss but another 3lbs gone. The end is so close now I can see it.

Wow Vikki look at you go, I can remember before you started and here you are 35lbs down. Well done you.

I also agree on the plane seat thing, I flew with sleazy jet to Germany a month ago and the difference was amazing no more spilling over into the next seat and the belt could have almost gone around me twice:D

Have a great day all.

Thanks for the wishes for my pop-in-law. I adore him, so I have been very worried. But good news this morning is he had a much improved night and is feeling brighter today. Phew. We are going over to theirs today to move their bedroom downstairs and to make a few adjustments in the house to make it easier for him.

And he simply MUST MUST MUST quit smoking. (Says she who failed at her recent attempt!) ((all the more reason to get back onto it, and to be able to offer him support)) Evil weed. It really really is.

Well, about planes! It has been so long since I fit properly in a seat on a plane, or a theatre, garden chair (there is nothing worse then being sat at a table with a group in those green or white plastic garden chairs - you know the ones. And then, when you go to stand up - the chair goes with you! Ach!!! Never again!) etc. Last year when we flew, it was so bad I was silently praying that I would not have to ask for an extension. I didn't - JUST> It was literally at the very very end. But this year, there was about a foot of excess belt. More then my hubs had!! :rotflmao: AND - I could cross my legs - like a lady I might add, not just propped up with ankle resting on the other knee - but dangling down alongside the other leg!) :D :D :bliss: Was great. Made for a much more restful ride.

Oh! There's another thing! There have been a lot of big changes in my body this past month! FOr the first time, probably since I was 18 or 19 - I weigh LESS then the man I am with! WOOHOO!!!! Speaking of OH - he sidled up to me the other day and put his arm around me, and his hand actually wrapped around at my waist and came out the front! He was SHOCKED!! He siad, "Hey! Where has my wife gone! You are tiny!!" Bless him....I am far far from tiny - but it fel wonderful to have his arm go all the way around me.

By god - I am beginning to feel "normal"!!! In fact, I have begun to realise something hugely important. I no longer think of myself as a fat person. I am no longer to walk in to a room of people, or a restaurant, or a dress shop. I think of myself as a normal lady who still has a few pounds to lose.

<shaking head> I told people on my trip, that as cheesy and cliche as this sounds - LL truly HAS changed my life.

Happy days!

That's one thing I'm really hoping for with the plane seat thing. When we went to spain last year we went on jet2 which being a budget airline is not as roomy as other planes. I felt so so squashed up that I had the arm of the chair digging in my sides, my fat legs bairly fit in the 'leg room' space and I felt sickbecause I was so confined. It really was an awful flight there and back. So facing a long flight to the US in Nov I am pleased I have lost weight, and hope it's a much more comfortable flight... (well 3 flights - teeside to heathrow, heathrow to LAX, LAX to Vegas)

I am really enjoying flying now, i have been twice since I hit goal and it is so much easier.
My dd who is 4 can put her arms right round me now which is lovely as we can have proper cuddles.
DH has taken to picking me up now which is bizarre!
I have found my new lighter life very liberating and so worth a few months of 'hardship'.

I am really enjoying flying now, i have been twice since I hit goal and it is so much easier.
My dd who is 4 can put her arms right round me now which is lovely as we can have proper cuddles.
DH has taken to picking me up now which is bizarre!
I have found my new lighter life very liberating and so worth a few months of 'hardship'.

Do you know,,,I think we are all feeling so good, that when we look back on LL, and realise how many years we suffered, and how many years ahead we will feel good, this whole stint on LL will be a blink of our eyes. A nanosecond. Hardship even might be too strong a word, ay? :)

x

Back