Sunday hour x hour

Corey

longs to be average!
Morning.

The wedding yesterday was fantastic, lost count how many times my stomach was touched - I don't think people could believe it had gone. Mum doesn't want me to lose any more - like please, still got a stone and a bit to lose. But all in all a lovely day.

Spent a lot of time talking to my (step) niece. She really wants to be a surrogate for us. All three of us (me, OH and niece) are very excited about it. Because there is no blood tie, everything will be fine. The problem that we do have in gay couples can't have surrogate children in this country (that's why we all go to the States). But if we know who the biological father is (and Kevin feels it should be me) then we can have my name on the birth certificate, we care for the baby, and then go down the adoption route for Kevin. Or we can co-parent, were technically the child has three parents, each having parental responsibility. Needless to say I have been starting to think about names. Middle name will be Femmie regardless of sex (that's my nieces name). So expect lots of baby talk from me for the next few weeks.

Off to do more my brother in laws garden this morning. So will see you later today
xx

WOW Corrie what a generous lovely person your niece must be

Thanks TG and RC. She really is the best. I am so blessed.

Have to say it's pretty quiet in here today? Where is everybody? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

omg.. corey.. thats fantastic.. i really hope everything goes well for you lot.. aaaw.. made me smile that did..
i didnt know gay couples couldnt surrogate.. stupid law..

x x

I know, stupid huh? Off course it has been passed to the Department of Health to look into and propose a bill - it was opened and closed for public comment in 2005, nothing has been done since! I guess losing all the bi-elections is top of this governments agenda rather than giving all of it's people the same rights. Oops - getting my political head on, must stop!

No no.. i totally get that.. clearly fairness and equality is not high up on the government agenda.. makes me soooo angry.. omg.. honestly.. im suprised that the law hasnt changed due to the EU.. as they're the ones who made english law change regarding civil ceramonies.. or "civilries".. due to the lack of equality.. typical england.. totally typical..

Hi peeps

Corey, glad you had a great ime at the wedding. Bet you got loads of strokes! Or at least your absent tum did!! :D

High five to your neice. That's a very generous offer....but one not to be taken lightly, as there are so many facets to an arrangement like that, but I am sure you are well aware of that. Its a very loving thing of her to offer. Just be careful and have everything worked out and understood between you all. In fact, not to put a damper on the joyfulness of it, but coming from a protective place - a contract might not be a bad idea. All best intentions can go squiffy when emotions come in to it. Ya know? Only saying this as I have seen "expectant" parents fall apart when the surrogate changed their mind at the las minute - which is also understandable - but it brough a lot of heartache to what should have been a joyous time. So only looking out for you mate. That messy bit aside - I am really chuffed for you! :D

Its a shame - in California at least, same sex couples can have their own, or surrogate or adopt. My half sister and her partner had a baby about 10 years ago - sis was inseminated artificially, so was able to have the baby herself.

Red Tape is the ruination of life and all that could be enjoyed.

But well done your neice.

:)

Hi Bl did you take the bike for a spin? Hows the neck

Hi RC

Bike was just fixed day before yesterday - hubby had it for work to check it all out, and I will be on it on my way to work in the morning! At last!! Needs a few tweaks before I go - he put new pegs on so now the clutch and brake need some adjusting, but a 5 minute job in the morn, and I'llbe freewheelin again! YESSSSS!!!!!

Neck is ...eh...its there, but not as bad. Last week was just one of those off weeks. Hoping the next is better.

Thanks RC :)
xx

Hope you have a pain free week next week Bl
No work for me tomorrow can't believe i'm getting a week day off going to take my mum shopping she in remmission??(spelling) but don't care about my spelling she's still here) new clothes for the 2 of us she is now a 10? & neeeeedsss a shopping boost & I need new knickers

Back