Sunny's Journey To Pain Free Living!

SunHill

Afternoon everyone!

I started my journey a long time ago - like almost everyone here I've been back and forth with my weight (never below 20st sadly since about 18!) thanks to comfort eating for various reasons. Always been a big girl in height as still as weight - I've always been towering over everyone even now at 5ft 9 I feel like I'm taller than everyone else - maybe I live in a short town? haha!

I lost 6 stone through calorie counting and then life took a different track and I ended up putting most of it back on. A couple of years ago I joined Slimming World and lasted about 15 months but I got irritated at the diet - what was allegedly 'healthy' being high syn and the things that weren't healthy being low syn/free - just didn't fit well with me! I also fell in with a 'bad' crowd there (it's a compliment and they'd totally agree with this haha!) who weren't on it like they could/cheated/took days off etc and made it all too easy to be off rather than on! After I left I rebelled against the diet so much that I've come back up to my top weight almost - I'm just 5lb off my heaviest point.

Things hurt like mad again now, my shoulders are sore as anything, my lower back kills, my poor old knees don't want to know me anymore and walking isn't fun! Time to change it all!

I started Easter Monday 2nd April - been 100% so far, had a shopping delivery today - forgot how much more expensive a 'healthy' shop is though hahaha! Been off fizzy drinks since Tuesday, and I'm now entirely caffeine and crisp free too (crisp free is the hardest of the lot!) MASSIVELY upped my water intake too, drinking so much caffeine free Tea/Coffee and especially juice. I can highly recommend the vimto remix squashes (orange/raspberry/passionfruit and mango/strawberry/pineapple - they're so lovely that drinking water is breeze!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and reading everyone elses stories! :)

hi @SunHill

Welcome to the group!!

keep drinking that water, it really does help with the weightloss... Yea the downside to healthy eating is the cost of it all... But I find lidl and aldi are brilliant, I bought a chest freezer before Christmas and now when a veg is on offer, I prep it and freeze it, then when I am making soups etc I have a variety of veg for it. keeps the cost down a little.

You have come to the right place, we all mean it this time! I only started my latest weightloss journey recently too, everyone here are friendly and knowledgeable. well done on giving up caffeine... I have reduced mine to one cup of coffee in the morning, I don't think I could get rid of it completely!

Best of luck xx

Hi Sunhill :peep::)

Fab to have you here, and all the best for your successful mission!

I'm on SW and going OK (except for the last two days!), but I know exactly what you mean about the group that is a bit fast and loose with the 'rules', our class has some of those - but they make me laugh, and I don't even mind all the clapping!

It's very hard to be on it when all the SW friends you chat to outside of group are all talking about now wanting to do it/what naughty thing they're going to eat/fat fridays (ie full cheat days off) etc isn't it. That's probably part of the reason why it didn't work for me haha!

The caffeine thing hasn't been a problem so far - I had a real issue with it, not to the point where I wasn't sleeping etc but I was drinking more and more and more - mostly cola/dr pepper and quite often proper energy drinks. We had already changed to caffeine free tea/coffee so giving up the fizzy drinks was something i'd wanted to do for a while so it was the next easy step. The increased water thing is doing well - I'm getting through 3 800ml water bottles a day for the last 2 days (well - squash rather than just water) and then I drink another half ish of that when i've gone to bed and during the night. I also drink a good 700ml in caffine free tea/coffee so i'm consuming around 3 litres a day at the minute. i know the recommendation is 2litres but I take a tablet that is an anticholinergic which mean I need to drink A LOT because it dries me out - mouth/throat/eyes - everything!

Thank you for the lovely welcome! :)

Water is so brilliant for you, I never realised until recently that a lot of the time we cant tell the difference between hunger and thirst... babies and toddlers have cant easily tell the difference but adults often mistake thirst for hunger and eat... So I find I have a lot more energy and don't eat as much... so keep going with it... I drink 3l a day, 4l if I am doing a lot of exercise. but fair play on giving up the caffine, that's a huge step.

I never did SW for long, maybe 6 weeks a few years ago but I remember those meetings! Hard to forget them really!!! I think I went to one or two meetings...

I have to agree about the more energy. I do feel an increase in energy and less tiredness. And I don't know if it's related but my face skin is SO soft - like baby soft! :classic_big_grin:

Head is definitely in the game right now! I went to Asda yesterday for a few bits and again today as my mum (I'm her carer) asked me to get her a couple of specific bits - no chocolate/sweets or fizzy/energy drinks or any other naughty stuff bought either day. Very happy with that as as before Saturday would always be a binge night!

As long as tomorrow remains a good day - and it should do as the meals I've planned are all within calories - that's a full week at 100%! Can't say fairer than that! I don't think I EVER had a full SW 100% week as Fridays were always 'fat friday treat day' (that then went onto the weekend being a cheat too the more disillusioned with SW I got)

I bloody love Calorie Counting as a diet - everything fitting in. Having said that I guess it's easier to say that at the moment because I'm on higher calories, as the weight comes off and they go down - we'll see then hahaha!

At the moment though, the willpower is high, the motivation is good and things are heading in the right direction. I'm quite looking forward to weighing in too! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Thank you lovely - i must admit it's nice to be back in the game after 3 months wasted of 'i'll start monday'. and then never starting!

Ah yes that's too easily done, isn't it? Been there many times.

I also excel at doing well for a couple of months (CCing, SW, low carb, etc etc yawn) then getting bored or putting on a few pounds and I abandon the whole thing, put more weight on, and then have to start all over again. So my pact to myself this time is to actually do what my signature says - just keep going, no matter what!

Thank you love! :)

Yesterday was a trying day - my mum doesn't get out often as she's housebound without support and as a result she fusses like mad whilst she's out and it makes it very stressful. I had to get her to a doctors appointment and then she wanted to 'stay out' to get some fresh air for a bit instead of going straight home so we ended up slowly plodding down to have a look at the local market (about 100m away from the doctors) and looking in the window mostly of a few shops on the way as she stretched her legs slowly and carefully (she uses a walker) with the entire town seeming to try and walk into her or get in the way or stop right in front of her without warning.

Ended up nipping in Iceland so we could get a taxi out the back and got a few bits - all healthy except for the tub of biscuits she insisted (not joking either haha!) on buying so now that bugger is staring at me. Still sealed and untouched and I already said I'm not going to eat any - lets see if I can keep it up ;)

I did unfortunately buy a bottle of pepsi though (a small 1.25 litre one) - we shared it when home over lunch and then dinner so not too bad! Better than it used to be! And I lasted a full week without any caffeine/fizzy drinks so it can be done and I'll carry it on now, I'm alright when I'm on my own but there's so much more going on when I've got mum with me that it's easier to give in.

Also ended up 150 cals over my limit yesterday too - for some reason I was absolutely ravenous! Not going worried about it as I was 220 under on Monday so its already cancelled out! Onwards and downwards!

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

Gosh good for you on the caffeine front - if it was me I'd have headed straight for the booze :D.

Your poor ma, I bet she's so keen to see everything when she does get out - but it doesn't make it very easy for you. Congrats on being a great daughter!

What else did you get in Iceland? I buy a lot of the SW stuff there, love the burgers because they're very low in fat (some might argue they're very low in meat too lol). Can you put the biscuits somewhere else - or gift them to a neighbour?

Hello! Just checking with your diary! Well done on cutting out caffeine! I can barely go an hour without coffee! Calorie counting is great! I'm glad it's working for you :)

woohoo well done o your first weight loss @SunHill That's fantastic...

I am like you too, I think I have tried every diet going.

Don't worry about going over your calories, you will be under again and it balances out, you might have been so hungry because you were under the day before, I find if I have a few days when I am under calories I end up starving and then I eat 4 slices of toast or something like that!

Thanks lovely, I am straight back on it, I promise. It was covered before it even happened! :D

AWww bless you Suzie, I'm really not but thank you haha! I love her to bits but she's terrified when she's out (understandably) and so everything is like 'omgomgomgomgomgomgomg' as she's walking and then like you say she wants to do more than she physically can and wants to see everything (1 day out knocks her off her feet for about three days) so it's all a bit full on. I feel bad cos I want to help her out and about more but it i a very stressful time.

Today I had a new craft delivered (love to make cards etc) - diamond painting! It busied my hands and brain all evening and I never had so much as one snack! It was perfect! It's essentially a sticky picture covered by a bit of cellophane for those who don't know, you stick prenumbered rhinestones on prenumbered squares to create the picture and make it all shiny - and well... I love a bit (lot) of bling, me!

Diamond painting? wow never heard of it, but it sounds like an engrossing way to keep busy and not snack :).

Think I know what you'll be doing all weekend :D.

Basically it's cross stitch but with rhinestones instead of stitches :) It made the evening flyby and it has each time I try it! :) And so so so so sparkly!
IMG_20180414_202745469.jpg

In the past couple of months there's been a new family move into the house whos garden backs on to mine. The little darlings that came along have a trampoline that they spend all day every day that they're home standing on and staring into everyones gardens. I've just gone out to go to take my oldest dog out for a walk down the garden - didn't look at them or acknowledge them, just took the old girl out - and ended up with a stream of fatshaming abuse hurled over the wall. Thing is the eldest looks about 10 years old! Part of me is angry at myself for being pissed off to the point where I'm writing about it, part of me is dreading a summer of abuse being yelled out over the wall each time we go outside and part of me wants to go round and speak to the parents. That part of me is also aware however that parents who have children of that age who'd speak in such filthy terms likely speak it in the house and might not be so understanding if their little darlings are reported to them!

Bloody fed up of people - even children - who think its big and clever to be horrible to other people.

In the past couple of months there's been a new family move into the house whos garden backs on to mine. The little darlings that came along have a trampoline that they spend all day every day that they're home standing on and staring into everyones gardens. I've just gone out to go to take my oldest dog out for a walk down the garden - didn't look at them or acknowledge them, just took the old girl out - and ended up with a stream of fatshaming abuse hurled over the wall. Thing is the eldest looks about 10 years old! Part of me is angry at myself for being pissed off to the point where I'm writing about it, part of me is dreading a summer of abuse being yelled out over the wall each time we go outside and part of me wants to go round and speak to the parents. That part of me is also aware however that parents who have children of that age who'd speak in such filthy terms likely speak it in the house and might not be so understanding if their little darlings are reported to them!

Bloody fed up of people - even children - who think its big and clever to be horrible to other people.

Oh god that's horrible, really horrible.. Yea you are probably right, the parents obviously aren't teaching their kids how to behave and are probably worse... its awful that you have to put up with that in your own garden.. Don't be angry about being pissed off... I would be too... in fact I am pissed off for you!

Is there anything you can put up to block their view into your garden? Is there a wall already in place?

Back