Super morbidly obese <sigh>

Kahleesi

I thought it was about time I rejoined minimins and started posting now I'm almost four weeks into my weight loss journey. I wasn't sure which area to post in but right here is perfect if you'll have me?:eek:

super morbidly obese is a terrifying place to be, for so so many reasons. I wish I could say that I have had my wake up call and that this is it for me, but honestly? I've said that before, I've felt that before and I don't have a crystal ball. So all I can say is that I determined to change things, I am going to try my hardest and if (when) I slip up I am not going to throw in the towel completely

I am currently four weeks (tomorrow) into a vlcd. I know that vlcd's are not an ideal way to lose weight, I know they have their drawbacks and I fully intend to reeducate myself about food and find a way to change my lifestyle. But right now? I need to get my weight reduced quickly for medical reasons and for myself

my first important goal is to get my bmi under 40 and I want to do that so badly it almost hurts, my bmi going over 50 was a huge horrible shock:(

if I can keep going until then then I am planning to come off the vlcd and try to maintain and then lose weight with a more conventional healthy eating plan and then possibly do another block of time on vlcd to reduce weight further

for now I just need to keep my head down, keep on going and let the diet work it's magic:)

thank you to all of you posting here, finding a place that's so supportive and filled with people who truly understand is an amazing thing and I hope it helps get all of us to where we want to be

So today is four weeks since I started and my weigh in says I am down a pound :)

not a huge amount especially for a vlcd but the good thing about the plan is that I know it works if I just keep going, I'm also a really really slow loser so I know it'll take me longer to get there than most people

I have lost two inches off my waist and one off my hips though so I'm very pleased with that!

this week also heralds the trickiest bit of my journey so far... A weekend away with my husband to a concert, and while I'm really looking forward to it (its very rare for us to do this because of the children) I am worried about it diet wise. I think I am going to plan to come off the diet for the time we're away, eat sensibly, then get straight back on. My back up plan is to do 3:4 if I really can't hop straight back on the wagon

Going to try and have a good week with lots of water before that though :D

Hi, well done on your loss so far, you're heading in the right direction.

It will be interesting to hear from someone on a VLCD. I don't think there's anyone else on this particular board doing that. How low is low by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks dragonfly :)

no I don't mind at all, I'm doing a combination of slim and save/exante so the calories are usually around 600-800 a day. I usually have the recommend amount of products and then add in protein and vegetables so I'm normally on the higher side of the calories. The vlcd's have plenty of downsides but the one really big positive is ketosis, once I'm in the little bubble of ketosis I'm never hungry and food just doesn't bother me at all. There will come a point where I have to learn to make good choices without the back up of ketosis but I want to get my bmi lower before first

Welcome lovely :) Please be careful - have my fingers crossed for you - do you get checks by your doctors? :) x

Thank you princess :)

yes I'm being checked on, I see my doctor a lot anyway for other reasons so he's keeping an eye on me :) I'm eating 'real food' as well as packs and taking extra supplements. I need an operation soon so at the moment getting the weight off as quick as possible is the name of the game

really lovely of you to be concerned though :flowers:this place is amazing

Welcome to the group and well done on your loss. Have a great time at the concert and try not to worry.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you princess :)

yes I'm being checked on, I see my doctor a lot anyway for other reasons so he's keeping an eye on me :) I'm eating 'real food' as well as packs and taking extra supplements. I need an operation soon so at the moment getting the weight off as quick as possible is the name of the game

really lovely of you to be concerned though :flowers:this place is amazing

Fabulous! :) At the looking after you - not after the op obviously :)

Good luck lovely - we're always here if you need us xx

Hi there Khaleesi, I am also doing VLCD. I completely agree, I also want to reeducate myself with food, but I don't know where to start! So first let's get a few pounds off while we figure out the rest!

Good luck to you and well done on your loss so far :)

Back