superfree at breakfast

broxi

ButtErFly
My counsellor told me that I don't need superfree if I'm having my HEA and HEB at the same time. So I have a slice of brown bread and a chees slice for my breakfast and only one piece of fruit. Does anyone else know if this is ok? I've not heard anybody else say this.

Nor me...personally whether I need it or not, I make sure to have some. It's superfree, so won't do any harm (quite the opposite) and I like to be in the habit of having some superfree almost every time I eat (excluding some little treats). If I started cutting it out of one meal I'd be far too inclined to forget about it for others...downward spiral. Just feels nice to always have some nice 'clean' food going in my tummy alongside everything else.

yes I've never heard anyone else say that except my consultant. I suppose if I have an apple or something with my toast I'll be fine.

I usually have an apple or a banana, this morning I had a handful of grapes and a handful of strawberries for a wee change - I wasn't even a fruit person til now but they take seconds to eat and once you get into it,fruit is pretty awesome. Ended up wanting my apple and banana anyway later in the morning, so had 4 superfree portions before I'd even considered lunch. I actually find having fruit in the mornings strangely sets me up for wanting more throughout the day and as a result I don't really get cravings for sweet things (nothing short of a miracle!).

My consultant says you must have your 1/3rd superfree with every meal. Like Liz says, just wish there was consistency. So confusing, specially for newbies :(

I can *kind of* understand why your consultant would say that. The main purpose of superfree food is to help us limit how much free food we're eating. So rather than eating a whole plate of spaghetti bolognaise, eating 2/3 of a plate of spag bol and 1/3 steamed broccoli would be more beneficial to our weight loss. HEX portions are already controlled because we can only have a certain amount so having 1/3 superfree with a meal made up only of HEXs is technically unnecessary. However, I agree with others who said incorporating 1/3 superfree with every meal is a great habit to get into, adds more vitamins to your meal and makes it more filling. So regardless of what your consultant says it's a good idea to have some superfree anyway but if on ocassion you don't and you're eating just HEXs, that's okay too.

I think that fruit with every meal is correct. That's what I was told when I started in March and what I've been doing ever since. By the way, watch out for Pineapple. I bought one the other day and had a couple of thick slices and it burnt my tongue and throat. Still very sore. I Googled it and found out Pineapple is full of acid. My throat feels like I've swallowed something caustic. Ouch! Be warned. :cry:

soapyliz said:
I think that fruit with every meal is correct. That's what I was told when I started in March and what I've been doing ever since. By the way, watch out for Pineapple. I bought one the other day and had a couple of thick slices and it burnt my tongue and throat. Still very sore. I Googled it and found out Pineapple is full of acid. My throat feels like I've swallowed something caustic. Ouch! Be warned. :cry:

Once I went on a pineapple and buttermilk diet. It was incredibly painful tht I only lasted 2 days...

If all your having is HEX then you wouldn't need superfree, like if I'm having a hifi bar I don't need to eat some veg or fruit with it, same with syns. However by having the toast with cheese slice and a piece of fruit I'd say the fruit covers your third superfree anyway, its not like your having a massive meal like burger and chips and then saying ''oh I'll have an apple after that will cover my superfree''

I used to love love love fresh pineapple until I seemed to start getting "tum problems" with it. Unfortunately now I cant touch it, dont want to go there again. Wont give any details ha ha!

Pineapple makes my tongue tingle!!! And my daughter wont eat it as it hurts her throat!

Back