Superfree foods - Not my thing. red days?

Superfree foods are fruıts and vegetables, yes? And the aım ıs to eat a lot of these throughout the day? (on the extra easy plan)

I am shockıngly bad at fruıt and veggıes and perhaps am thınkıng that SW ıs not for me. Would havıng red days be better for me? Does a red day ınvolve eatıng lean meat and then synıng your carbs? Perhaps countıng WW poınts would be better for my ınflexıble and lımıted dıet?

It's true that SW do not stipulate that you should have the 1/3 superfree on the red and green plans in the same way that they do for EE. That said, fruit and veg are an essential part of a healthy diet and I really do think they help weight loss whether you are on SW, WW or any other diet. Perhaps you need to look at this as an opportunity to overcome your aversion to fruit and veg, which is probably a carry over from your childhood, and focus on healthy eating. Are there any that you like at the moment? And there are always ways of hiding veg in meals by blending or chopping it very finely and putting it in sauces and soups.

I agree with Circes, I'm not very good with fruit and veg but any diet you do will involve these in your diet. Why don't you try a yummy slimming world veggie curry or 3 bean chilli. You can't really taste the veg. How about trying mote exoctie fruits and veg, ones you think you dont like but have never tried like butternut squash and dragon froit. I find it's all about trile and error. just keep trying until your find something you like. Good luck with your weight loss journey I'm sure you'll find a diet to siut you.

On a Red day you can some Carbs from the Healthy Extra B list, but in measured quantities. Any extra carbs you add you need to syn.

I have never been a big fruit or veg eater and I think that's what got me to the overweight stage where I finally had no choice but to join Slimming World! Now I actually enjoy having a bit of both and notice the health benefits of having these incorporated to my diet.

Good Luck with whatever plan you choose!

I used to be the same over fruit - i'd have the occassional bunch of grapes from time to time, but that was about my limit.

But then came the week that i won both slimmer of the week, and the raffle (the ingredients for a fruit salad). Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

now i find i actually do eat much more fruit - pears, apples (sliced with my HeA's of cheese), strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit, physalis (new one on me till a few weeks ago), and others. So - i'd say, never say never, especially on this journey - i've found food stuffs i always before didn't like that i can't do without - as taste buds seem to have developed over the length of the journey.

(oh, and i'm almost 100% red/green - tomorrow will be one of a very few EE days i've had in the 18months i've been a member.

I was never a big fruit eater pre SW. Now I eat tonnes of it, and enjoy it way more than i thought I would. I agree with the others that it's an excellent opportunity to expand on your limited diet. My son has a mild form of autism, and he used to struggle a great deal with textures and tastes of almost all foods, but by encouraging him to try new things daily, and rewarding him with stickers for just "trying" them, we have expanded his diet so wide that there is now very little he won't eat, and often more than I do!

There is a reason why we are recommended to have five different sorts of fruit and veg a day. Life would be lovely if they recommended five different types of cake a day but sadly when I suggested this to the dept of health I got a reply that went

"Dear Madame La Minx,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!

Yours sincerely

Dept of Health"

So I think they might be considering it, but in the meantime, there must be something you can start off with as a gentle introduction to healthy fruit and veg consumption!

I was never a big fruit eater pre SW. Now I eat tonnes of it, and enjoy it way more than i thought I would. I agree with the others that it's an excellent opportunity to expand on your limited diet. My son has a mild form of autism, and he used to struggle a great deal with textures and tastes of almost all foods, but by encouraging him to try new things daily, and rewarding him with stickers for just "trying" them, we have expanded his diet so wide that there is now very little he won't eat, and often more than I do!

There is a reason why we are recommended to have five different sorts of fruit and veg a day. Life would be lovely if they recommended five different types of cake a day but sadly when I suggested this to the dept of health I got a reply that went

"Dear Madame La Minx,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!

Yours sincerely

Dept of Health"

So I think they might be considering it, but in the meantime, there must be something you can start off with as a gentle introduction to healthy fruit and veg consumption!

This entire post made my morning :)

Ya know, I used to hate all veg except peas. When I went vegetarian I had to learn to cook, particularly as I'm allergic to cheese. Veg is now usually the focal point of my meal. I love it! Found out my hatred of veg was for two reasons 1: I ate too much junk food and my tastebuds couldn't appreciate veg; and 2: I was cooking my veg terribly. British people do have a tendency to boil it to death! Have you tried spraying some mediterrainian veg with fry light and roasting it? It's sublime!

One of the things that attracted me to SW was the amount of fruit that you could eat. A fruit salad with low fat natural yoghurt is lovely.

Back