Superfree Foods Question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cazzabella78, 18 September 2010 Social URL.

1. cazzabella78

cazzabella78 staying positive

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey ho everyone,

i have a question...

i know that your mean to fill your plate with 1/3 of superfree foods at meal times but i hate hate hate salad (did i say hate). I know that healthwise its beneficial etc and i should be eating it but i have tried sooo many times to make a salad but i just dont like the stuff. I've tried making it myself adding a dressing and buying prepacked but it makes no difference. I do eat veg like carrot, turnip, swede, parsnip, onion etc but its the lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes etc that i cant get to grips with. One the occassions when i've forced it down its sent me straight to the loo (tmi) :eek: but i suppose thats because my bodys not use to it. So anyways at the minute im missing out the salad type food but i've upped my fruit and eating more of the veg i do like. I just wondered if this would upset my weight losses? My first weigh in is on Wednesday night :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Superfree foods come in a variety of guises - and if you don't like salad, don't eat it! That's one of the plus sides of slimming world - its not meant to be a punishment like the faddy diets.

4. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    No it doesnt matter so long as you are eating other superfree foods. Afterall in the coming winter months most people tend to go for more of the root veg etc with stews etc instead of salads.

5. cazzabella78

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks very much girlies, i was getting a little worried just incase i was overeating on the free foods :)

6. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I rarely eat salad, I just don't really like it much. I bulk up on roasted veggies instead :D

7. cazzabella78

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oooh thats a good idea hastalavegan i could stick the ones i do like in the oven and roast them with fry light :)

8. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, I either use fry light or a healthy extra B of olive oil. Then I add balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Delicious!

9. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    You don't need to use salad, I've seen me filling my plate with fried onions and mushrooms. Tinned tomatoes, boiled swede, leek puree.

Theres no rule that says it needs to be lettuce etc.

10. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Other veggies are actually better than salad because they are more filling

Salad has a high water content and so is less filling ;)

11. Zoot

Zoot Full Member

I never eat salad!
    I get my superfrees by cooking some breen beans, or adding lots of veg to the sauce if I'm making pasta (or beansprouts if I'm cooking noodles).
    Though they do say if you eat a little bit of a veg you don't like everyday, your body will get used to it and begin to enjoy it.
    Good luck!

12. Lisaberry

Lisaberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.3lb(31.13%)
    Diet:
    Changes like the wind!
    Roasted veg are also amazing cold if you need a packed lunch. I love broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, onion, courgette, tomato and mushroom all mixed up with a wee bit of fat free dressing on top. Throw in a chopped low syn sausage and I'm a happy lady!
    Shame all that costs a bomb and shrinks up tiny when cooked!

13. Naomi F

Naomi F Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I also wasn't eating salad as don't like lettuce or cucumber. But just realised in last few days, i can make a salad without these! I used pepper, radish, cherry tomato, spring onion, mushroom, and then to liven it up 1/2 a small tin of sweetcorn and - stop press - i actually enjoyed it! So much so I didn't even need dressing! So if you don't like certain things it might be worth considering what you can put in instead, and livening it up with something a bit different like the sweetcorn, chopped ham or red kidney beans? You could even make one for example with cold cauliflower and green beans and a bit of extra light mayo? My sister swears by eating salad every day and her losses have been really good... mine haven't been as good so I thought it might be something to think about

14. Honey39

Honey39 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    350lb
    Current Weight:
    268lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    82lb(23.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Eat the ones you like! I really like grated carrot, so I tend to add that to most meals; I also like courgettes, asparagus, onions, mushrooms, peppers etc. Sometimes I add them to a salad, sometimes I dry roast them with a load of herbs (mmmmmm!). I think the trick is to forget 'should' and eat what you like in the superfree section. I worry that I don't like 'traditional' vegetables (peas/broad beans/cauliflower etc), but I make up for it with the ones that I DO like!!

I think eating a third of super-free foods is important though - good luck!

15. cazzabella78

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    cheers very much for all your info, thats a great help. im gona make a HUGE effort to eat all my veggies up :) i think i'll try making a stir fry with noodles and beansprouts and chicken and throw a few other things in that i dont like or infact havent even tried and see how it turns out :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.