Superfree, how many have you tried?

I don't think there are many on the list that I haven't tried. I find there is a much wider choice available here in Canada/US, than what I was used to back in the UK. I love going into my local fresh produce grocery store and finding something new to try.

The only one I don't think I would try is fiddleheads, unless someone tells me they are delicious, as just the look of them scares me. lol

As well as superfree foods, there are so many different grains, beans, pulses etc out there too, but how many of us stick to just the usual rice. My newest favourite grain is Millet. I am making a pilaf tonight with some. It has great health benefits too and very yummy.

Sorry I went a bit off from your topic of Superfree, it is surprising what one subject can get you thinking about. lol

Feel free to wander off my topic - I am always wandering off other people's, so I can't complain!!

Fiddleheads are strange, aren't they? (See picture below for those, like me, who hadn't heard of them before.)

I don't think I have had millet - can't remember. Quinoa is one grain I have tried recently and it was very nice.

Hmmmm there's a book I was reading once that the opening chapter was all about fiddleheads and how the character wanted them as they tasted of spring?

Anyway that spell of reminiscence is how I know what fiddleheads are!

I can understand your reluctance, a bit like I can't imagine eating laverbread or Nettles!

well lava bread is seaweed(i think i might of just hit upon an idea how to make lavabread nice lol) and i love sushi and nori seaweed is awesome. Nettles are om nom nom nom nom. You need to be careful picking them but make good soup, beer (though not sw friendly lol) and also excellent fabric dye. Going to see when the season for fiddleheads is and go get some :D. As there not cultivated.

It's odd - I absolutely love butternut squash - roasted, or in a risotto, or with other vegetables.

But in a soup - oh no. I hate it.
Thats really interesting, I may well try it roasted then, thank you! Does it lose that very sweet taste then when roasted? Everyone seems to rave about the soup, glad its not just me and hubby then!

Back