Superfree meal ideas?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
As part of my push to get back on track, I'm going to up my superfree food quota!

Has anyone got any meal ideas that use just superfree foods?

I'm thinking of making a quorn cottage pie with a swede-mash top for tea tonight, but I'd like other suggestions if you've got any!

thanks

H x

How about spicy roasted butternut squash and vegetables? I like to cut BNS into big chunks and roast it with cumin, coriander, dried chilli and crushed garlic. After about 20 mins or so add some peppers, red onion and courgette (or whatever else you like) and toss in the spices, adding more Fry light if needed and roast until cooked.

Lovely with some balsamic vinegar and a HEX serving of feta if you like.

Yum!!

I find omelettes really good for superfree. Fill them up with onion, peppers, mushroom and add a bit of cheese or tuna, yummy!

How about spicy roasted butternut squash and vegetables? I like to cut BNS into big chunks and roast it with cumin, coriander, dried chilli and crushed garlic. After about 20 mins or so add some peppers, red onion and courgette (or whatever else you like) and toss in the spices, adding more Fry light if needed and roast until cooked.

Lovely with some balsamic vinegar and a HEX serving of feta if you like.

Yum!!

OMG!!! That sounds amazing!! I must try that! Thanks!

And it just so happens I have all those ingredients at home so guess what I'll be having on Thurs? Might be nice tossed with some puy lentils or green lentils? Hmmm....my thoughts are running away! LOL

I'm already a roast veg pro! ;) Sounds quite similar to how I do mine Jaylou - I love actually roasting them in the balsamic too, flavour is gorgeous.

Omelettes are a good idea too...I'm weird though, I love eggs but am funny about omelettes. Shall persevere with them.

Ooh...stuffed peppers!

Rich beef and tom ragout is free on a red day. If you made it with quorn mince it could be on any day.

Ingredients are:
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 tsp cinnamon
794g lean mince beef/quorn
198g cherry toms
400g can of toms
624g swede
1tspn bovril
8tbsp chopped basil
1tsp sweetener
seasoning

All free :D If you want the recipe give me a shout.

i made a minestrone soup yesterday. Full of super foods! Great for lunches!

Oooh, I rather fancy that! Don't spose you could post your recipe could you? I need to boost my speed foods too.

Sorry to butt in but Ninja, could you post that recipe?

Thanks

Sure, here you go. Sorry it's a bit late.

Ready in 40mins

Free on Original
13 syns on green unless quorn mince is used.

Ingredients are:
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 tsp cinnamon
794g lean mince beef/quorn
198g cherry toms
400g can of toms
624g swede
1tspn bovril
8tbsp chopped basil
1tsp sweetener
seasoning

1) spray a large non stick frying pan with fry light and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and red chilli and stir fry for 3-5 mins.
2) Add the cinnamon and mince and stir fry for 3-4 mins, drain away any excess liquid. Stir in the tomatoes, swede, Bovril, chopped basil and sweetener and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook on low heat for 20-25 mins.
3) Serve garnished with basil leaves if desired.

Not sure how it would taste with quorn mince instead, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if people like quorn :confused:

superfree ideas:

I had a superfree and healthy B week once ... here are some that I remember:

any veg omlette - mushrom and herb, pepper and onion, tomato and chive
SW 'quiche' inc cottage cheese and veggies - asparagus, mushroom etc
mixed veg stir fry
tofu (or quorn) stir fry
chinese hot and sour soup (ckn bovril, nam pla, soy, chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander etc etc, baby corn, mange tout)
sprouting seed salads
cauliflower and spinach curry
tomato, spinach and egg - is this eggs benedict or florentine?
roasted whole red onions with balsamic vinegar
salad - lettuce, cue, celery, toms, sp onions, carrots, radish, pepper etc!
coleslaw (raw veg and ff dressing and fromage frais etc)
waldorf salad sw stylie (apple, celery, fromfrais, ff dressing etc)
mushroom soup
stuffed peppers / giant toms / cougettes etc
ratatouille
BNS soup (great with a chilli added)
asparagus and scrambled egg
tomato and veg soup
veg curry (tomato or yog base)
egg curry
vegetable fajitas (onions, BNS etc and peppers stir fried with spices - using cos lettuce leaves as wraps) with dollops of yog dressing
roasted veg
quorn sausages, bns mash and veg
quorn sausage brunch - eggs, grilled or tinned toms, mushrooms
giant mushrooms filled with quark and garlic - baked, served with salad

syn free pancakes topped with berries and yog, or lemon and sweetner
a cheeseake thingy - quark, lemon juice, gelatine
0% greek yog with berries/banana etc, sweeetner
sugar free squash ice lollies
baked egg custard with nutmeg on top :D

...shall think of more - shall add :D

Last edited:
Thanks Angie...you're a star!

How was your loss that week (I'm assuming it was a good one?!)

It was the 4lb loss that got me to target - so it was a fantastic loss at the end of a long slow journey :D

That week I ate only superfree food, but made sure that I had 2 A choices and 2 B choices every day (from any list) - my consultant agreed that this would be a good (and safe) way of superboosting my weight loss - so for example I could make the veggi stir fry into a chicken stir fry, but would only have the B choice portion size of chicken, or I would have a 227g jacket potato with a huge portion of ratatouille - I made sure I ate loads of the superfree foods though and had lots of water - even a day or two of this will flush out your system :D

Last edited:
It's a great idea. I'll have to give it a go when I've got an easy week at work and nothing on at the weekend!

how is your back-on-track after the holiday going so far Hellie?

Pretty well, thank you.
I've saved most of my syns from yesterday as I'm going out for lunch today, and to a party this evening. Lunch should be fine as it's a pub and I can have a jacket and something. The party might be more challenging! But I'm driving so at least that's saving on the drink.

Doing quite well on my superfree foods.
Yesterday I had eggs, mango, pineapple, salad, quorn, carrots, swede, mushrooms, onion and strawberries!:D

This thread is v useful. I am going to try to have some superfree with healthy extra days and there are lots of ideas on here to try! Think I will need to stock up on all the ingredients and get planning.

Back