superfree/superseed/free foods HELP

Im finding this week hard and confusing.
i know you have to fill 1/3 your plate with superfree on each sitting. but should i be trying to add superseed in to that sitting aswell or just during the day.

also in the optimising book the fruit & veg marked with S, means superfree and then SS means SS am i correct there?

i think im thinking about things too much, i did great last week but my head is just not working this week :cry:

I wish SW would change this it confuses so many people.

Superfree (SF)= fruits and veggies. If you are following Extra Easy you must have 1/3 superfree with your meals.

Superspeed (SS) & Speed (S) = These foods will help your weight loss but they are not subject to any rules on the plan. The choice is up to you whether you have them or not.

It's really important to understand the difference because if you filled your plate with 1/3 Superspeed (SS) or Speed (S) foods you would not be following the plan.

If you remember that 1/3 of your plate should always be veggies or salad then you won't go wrong really. Some veggies like peas are not superfree so you do have to be a bit careful.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer. xx

I wish SW would change this it confuses so many people.

Superfree (SF)= fruits and veggies. If you are following Extra Easy you must have 1/3 superfree with your meals.

Superspeed (SS) & Speed (S) = These foods will help your weight loss but they are not subject to any rules on the plan. The choice is up to you whether you have them or not.

It's really important to understand the difference because if you filled your plate with 1/3 Superspeed (SS) or Speed (S) foods you would not be following the plan.

If you remember that 1/3 of your plate should always be veggies or salad then you won't go wrong really. Some veggies like peas are not superfree so you do have to be a bit careful.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer. xx

Oh dear, think I may have misunderstood it as well, I'm on the EE plan. So this could mean that I might gain rather than lose on Sunday when I weigh in !

Thank you for posting this, it has really helped.

x

What have you been doing Doubletrouble? It may not be as bad as you think. Everyone makes mistakes when they start out so don't let it get you down.

Don't panic you are not guarenteed to gain weight by making a few mistakes. But in order to completely ensure you have done everything you can then you need to follow the SF rule.

SW is a very different way of thinking about food and it takes a while to get it set in your head. Once it's there though it's hard to get rid of!:D

It doesn't help that SW use Superfree and Superspeed, I personally think they need to make the names much more different so there is a clear difference.

Good luck for weigh in!

What have you been doing Doubletrouble? It may not be as bad as you think. Everyone makes mistakes when they start out so don't let it get you down.

Not sure if I have been having the Superfree food as you are supposed to.

For breakfast I have had either the alpen light bars or porridge. For lunch I have either had a sandwich with meat and lettuce, a yoghurt and for evening meal my hubby cooks either curries or chillies etc with rice and pasta, although I do in those have tinned tomatoes, onions and peppers. I have been eating grapes through the days and had the odd banana.

Does it sound bad ! This is my first week.

Don't panic you are not guarenteed to gain weight by making a few mistakes. But in order to completely ensure you have done everything you can then you need to follow the SF rule.

SW is a very different way of thinking about food and it takes a while to get it set in your head. Once it's there though it's hard to get rid of!:D

It doesn't help that SW use Superfree and Superspeed, I personally think they need to make the names much more different so there is a clear difference.

Good luck for weigh in!

Thank you, fingers crossed.

I am so glad of this post, because the penny about Superfree hadnt dropped for me either!

I am panicking now, trying to remember what I have eaten.

Its only my 3rd day - been having 2 weetabix & a banana every morning,

lunch - ive had a tin of beans
jacket potato & 5 bean chilli from Wetherspoons (1.5 syns) and green salad,

dinners - chicken & either noodles or rice with either stir fry veg or steamed veg.....
but tonight i had a baked spud, 2 pork medallions and a heap of mixed veg, the majority of which was sweetcorn & peas.......so no 1/3 of superfood. Maybe a few satsuma's now would do the trick?

Its harder than I thought, I am also concerned about the 'frying' of chicken, although breast fillet, no fat and only using 1kcal what about the water/juice that comes out, should i grill the chicken 1st to get rid of that?

Thanks for explaining the rule. Last week I did EE and ws having superspeed and speed most of the time. Now I understand it.

Not sure if I have been having the Superfree food as you are supposed to.

For breakfast I have had either the alpen light bars or porridge. For lunch I have either had a sandwich with meat and lettuce, a yoghurt and for evening meal my hubby cooks either curries or chillies etc with rice and pasta, although I do in those have tinned tomatoes, onions and peppers. I have been eating grapes through the days and had the odd banana.

Does it sound bad ! This is my first week.

Don't worry, it's really hard to get your head around at first but in time it will come. When following Extra Easy EVERY MEAL has to include 1/3 Superfree (Fruit/Veg) so you could add banana to your porridge for example? Or eat some fruit before your sandwich? Superfree used in cooking casseroles/sauces etc count so I'm sure your chilli and currys will be okay but maybe think about adding a little veg on the side too, to ensure it's 1/3.

I've been doing SW for nearly 3 months and I still get a little confused with the EE plan, so I don't do it very often!

I am so glad of this post, because the penny about Superfree hadnt dropped for me either!

I am panicking now, trying to remember what I have eaten.

Its only my 3rd day - been having 2 weetabix & a banana every morning,

lunch - ive had a tin of beans
jacket potato & 5 bean chilli from Wetherspoons (1.5 syns) and green salad,

dinners - chicken & either noodles or rice with either stir fry veg or steamed veg.....
but tonight i had a baked spud, 2 pork medallions and a heap of mixed veg, the majority of which was sweetcorn & peas.......so no 1/3 of superfood. Maybe a few satsuma's now would do the trick?

Its harder than I thought, I am also concerned about the 'frying' of chicken, although breast fillet, no fat and only using 1kcal what about the water/juice that comes out, should i grill the chicken 1st to get rid of that?

As long as any fat/skin is removed from the chicken beforehand and you're not cooking it in fat/oil it is still free, don't worry :)

Don't worry, it's really hard to get your head around at first but in time it will come. When following Extra Easy EVERY MEAL has to include 1/3 Superfree (Fruit/Veg) so you could add banana to your porridge for example? Or eat some fruit before your sandwich? Superfree used in cooking casseroles/sauces etc count so I'm sure your chilli and currys will be okay but maybe think about adding a little veg on the side too, to ensure it's 1/3.

I've been doing SW for nearly 3 months and I still get a little confused with the EE plan, so I don't do it very often!

Thank you, I am sure I will learn as I am going along. Fingers crossed for Sunday weigh in.

x

Don't worry newbies, I originally started SW in Nov 2010 and I still have to check my book every now and then!!

You will get plenty of support here, everyone is great. Have a look through the various breakfast/lunch/dinner threads for inspiration. Some members, like Bilsat have compiled recipe threads- all of his food is yummy. It's a marvellous diet, I promise you won't be hungry if you follow plan :)

thanks everyone, i was totally confused this week. i was trying my best to have superspeed with every meal and superfree (fruit mostly) between meals

thanks im on the straight and narrow now.

Glad the post came in handy for others aswell

Back