Supersize vs superskinny

I've never watched this program but I have seen the advert and nearly pmsl as a young super skinny girl was partnered up with a super sized bloke and she just looked at him and said my god I've never actually met someone as big as you!
I doubt she would of been so rude in a "normal" situation but they were meeting each other in their underware
Has any one seen big body squad? I know we are all over weight that's why we are here, but why would someone let themselves get so big they can't do anything for themselves, these people are 40 / 50 stone and are bed bound and have to have carers going in to wash them and treat their bed sores etc.
Am I being harsh? Wouldn't this be an ideal opportunity to regulate what they eat, because they can't get out of bed to get extra food.
I like biggest looser because they work ever so hard to loose weight.
What happens in super size v's super skinny?

The two swap meals for a week to show how dangerous their eating habits are. At the start they are shown their weeks food in a big tube, it's crazy seeing how little the superskinnys eat compared to what the supersizers get through! It's a good watch, real eye opener!

I love supersize vs superskinny it's a great programme. So glad I saw this thread as wasn't aware it was back on our screens this week!! Woo!

Also biggest loser is on again this Tuesday, gonna be a good days tv, after it missed last week due to the bloody Brits!

I love Supersize vs Superskinny! I'm always shocked by food in the tube, how little and how much they eat. It is an eye opener, no matter what your size.
Mcv i don't think it's harsh at all as i completely agree. Most people know they have to lose weight when they seen a photo or are not able to do stuff they could do before so i really don't know how people can get themselfs so big that they can't get out of bed x

I think what the program shows us is there is no normal when it comes to people's food intake ! What's right for one person isn't right for all. Great program and I've put it on series link to record x

The thing I think is important on supersize vs superskinny is that the skinny people often eat unhealthy meals - but just less of it.
I once watched and the larger woman got really depressed because of the rubbish she was eating, and even though she was starving just couldn't bring herself to eat it (I think it was a fruit roll up for lunch)

What channel is biggest loser on and time etc? I've never watched it but might be a good motivation :)

cannot wait for supersize to be back. it is one of my fave progs. it shows that even if you weigh six stone or sixty stone you can be equally unhealthy and it promotes moderation and a healthy diet and lifestyle. it is a very balanced programme because it puts as much emphasis on the obesity issues as it does on undereating and i like that because i think sometimes our society is too quick to say fat=bad skinny=good. what you often see is that the larger people have actually got a much more varied diet (but eat far too large portions,too often and often of very high calorie food) whereas the thin people tend to be really fussy and only eat chocolate,junk and fizzy drinks. also it deals with the causes of why people over and under eat! a great programme. cant wait to watch it! xxx

Hi all, sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread (love watching Supersize vs Superskinny & The Biggest Loser by the way) but was just wondering if anyone has seen 'Claire Richards Slave to Food'? Sounded like it might be interesting but I never got to watch it - hoping I might be able to find it on-demand online somewhere. :)

I also love SSvsSS - it's great for illustrating that skinny can be just as unhealthy as obese, although in different ways.
I think it's also good at highlighting the many different reasons that people are over/under weight. Some of the obese people know nothing about nutrition at all, but others know exactly what they should be eating and often do, but just love food so much they eat way too much of it! There are emotional eaters, those with no willpower, those in denial, those in ignorance...etc., etc,. I like that the show gives us all something to relate to with the different people they show. It's not just highlighting how bad it is to be overweight...it shows the full spectrum.

Bubblegum_87 said:
Hi all, sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread (love watching Supersize vs Superskinny & The Biggest Loser by the way) but was just wondering if anyone has seen 'Claire Richards Slave to Food'? Sounded like it might be interesting but I never got to watch it - hoping I might be able to find it on-demand online somewhere. :)

Hi i also would like to see it i dont know where it is available to watch tho :(

Hi i also would like to see it i dont know where it is available to watch tho :(

Sounds like I need to do some googling! lol. If I ever do find it, I'll let you know sunnyrae. :)

I watched the Claire Richards slave to food. It's brilliant!! Shes just normal and eats probably the same as we (used to) eat and how she battles trying to come to terms with her eating habits. She's v emotional and seems to wear her heart on her sleeve.

It's a fab programme I'll be watching g it again! Lol

Can't wait for super size v super skinny.

its funny how you find that in the majority, the skinny ones are the ones who take mad huffers about the food. The fat people arent exactly happy either but they know the purpose of the game!

what does take mad huffers mean..ive been trying to work it out lol :)

It's on! Who's watching? Going for the shock factor on the series opener, aren't they?

All those red bulls...blimey!

Back