Superspeed foods

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Is it just me or do we not hear/see so much about these any more. My old c used to talk about them a lot but maybe its just that I don't tend to stop to group any more but I don't think I see them metioned on here so much either apart from speed soup.
I think its possibly because of the confusion between them and superfree which is obviously really important but I used to focus quite a lot on the speed/superspeed foods to accompany the superfree and I think it used to help!
Think I might need to rejog my memory and get speeding!

I haven't heard much about them recently either and I do stay to group. Defiantly think they help though - fewer bananas and more raspberries! Squid or chicken rather than lamb etc. worth revisiting the books for a reminder.

Yes and dont forget the melon and strawberries, zooooooooooooom! Hows that for speed ha ha :)

I don't know last week my consultant advised (and does advise) me to eat SS especially lately because my weightloss has slowed down, I've eaten raspberries/strawberries/Mellon/cod and probably some more that I've forgotten about and also upped the SF, lets see if its paid off with WI tomorrow!

We mention them at group when people are struggling.

Thing is the time for berries has passed now and they'll be pricey unless you get frozen.

I like to look at speed foods like chicken, fish, pulses and use them instead of other things.

jaylou said:
We mention them at group when people are struggling.

Thing is the time for berries has passed now and they'll be pricey unless you get frozen.

I like to look at speed foods like chicken, fish, pulses and use them instead of other things.

I don't think chicken is SS it's just Superfree isn't it? & yeah mix and match strawberries & raspberries 2 for £4 in tesco.

sparx said:
I don't think chicken is SS it's just Superfree isn't it? & yeah mix and match strawberries & raspberries 2 for £4 in tesco.

Sorry it's speed not super speed.

It's not superfree though.

I always thought the S next to a food meant superfree :p?

Nope. S means speed. SS means super speed.

Superfree is on the superfree pages, ie fruit and non starchy veg.

jaylou said:
Nope. S means speed. SS means super speed.

Superfree is on the superfree pages, ie fruit and non starchy veg.

Oh right then I've been eating a lot more speedy foods this week than I thought yay! Ty for clearing that up :)

So does the S on the superfree pages also mean speed?

I used to love doing the super speed challenges last time I did slimming world.

when I joined last week though the consultant asked people to name superfree foods and it really surprised me how many people said things like Sweetcorn, beans and peas which we all know are not superfree foods lol.
I didn't want to say anything to them though, with me only just joining I didn't want them to think I was trying to be a know it all hahaha.

Maybe we should all start a super speed or super free challenge together here xxx

I would love to do a superfree challenge :)

I feel like I've started already as I've had asparagus soup for lunch, tomato soup as a snack and chicken salad for tea

Back