Support from partners

My OH is supportive but sometimes will say things like "one little thing won't make you put weight on" or imply that I need to 'let go' and just eat whatever if we're out for a meal or at a party, but if I do resist he won't keep going on about it. He does try to help, makes SW meals and will eat them with me. There's been times when he's bought me 'treats' that he things are syn free or low syn because it says low fat on it. Most of the time they are not good syn-wise and he ends up eating it instead - but the thought was there!

my husband wont eat anything that i eat so i end up doing 2 different meals everynight he bought a deep fat fryer for his chips as he say he cant stand oven chips !!!!!!!

i doubt he would even try if it isnt high in calories he doesnt want it lol

If I were to offer someone a treat, I would want it to be something that they actually wanted. If they said that it wasn't - then I would ask them what would make them happy.

I am not sure what to make of someone who wants you to like their idea of a treat for you, not yours!

I guess I'm lucky as my husband is very supportive. He started his own healthy eating and diet program back in April, 5 months before I joined SW and has lost over 5 stone. So I guess he understands where I'm coming from as he is on his own journey. Maybe your OH sees you being good and possibly depriving yourself of foods you want and maybe his way of treating you is by suggesting you have something you would have previously enjoyed. He just doesn't realise that you wouldn't enjoy eating these foods now. Men like to 'fix' things and maybe offering you yummy foods is his way of showing affection. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about, lol : D

My OH is very supportive bless him but only now becasue he can see that I'm sticking to this plan. For the last 6 years he's seen me start a new diet every Monday and got so fed up of it all! x

i think thats the same with my hubby ive been dieting on and off for 10 years i lost 4 stone and put 5 back on. He's just sat eating pork scratchings and is gonna order a kebab shortely of which im gonna decline it was mcdonalds yesterday lol came home and had quorn potato layer pie though whlst they ate theirs

Back