Support Group Meeting thread ?

I have been looking on this forum for a thread that can help people who need more support , and maybe someone can make one ?
Maybe call it Extra support , and someone on here can run the thread ?
who thinks this is a good idea ?

I have been looking on this forum for a thread that can help people who need more support , and maybe someone can make one ?
Maybe call it Extra support , and someone on here can run the thread ?
who thinks this is a good idea ?

Hi Gobbledegook :)

Just wondering, do you mean extra support needed across the whole Minimins site or just in a particular section?
Do you mean strictly for weightloss issues or everything in general as well?

Lacey :)

Weight loss counseling and long term management for VLCD
If you like a bit like LL offer , I'm sure someone on here and maybe yourself can do this . Its when failure comes and people give up , assessing your own attitudes about obesity , why you became overweight , why you habe failed in past diets .
So I thought maybe there could be a posting thread that people can post to someone or a team of people who know about counseling .

Weight loss counseling and long term management for VLCD
If you like a bit like LL offer , I'm sure someone on here and maybe yourself can do this . Its when failure comes and people give up , assessing your own attitudes about obesity , why you became overweight , why you habe failed in past diets .
So I thought maybe there could be a posting thread that people can post to someone or a team of people who know about counseling .

Well, of course LL counsellors aren't allowed on forums, and besides..why would they when they get paid in the comfort of their own homes.

CDCs aren't trained by Cambridge in the head stuff, so unless they get additional training from elsewhere, they can only tell of things that helped them when they were dieting (or beyond)....just like any non-CDC.

So we're talking about getting trained Head Stuff Counsellors willing to give up their £50 per hour (or whatever) to come on a forum of dieters and give time for free ;)

Show me any dieting forum that does that, and I'll probably be able to point you to the paypal/Vista/Mastercard button :D

So, for the time being, you have to put up with me, who comes on in any spare time to try and help for free. Mike with his fab free newsletters and the multitude of other great members here who have picked up bits and pieces and learnt from experience :)

Last edited:
Well, of course LL counsellors aren't allowed on forums, and besides..why would they when they get paid in the comfort of their own homes.

CDCs aren't trained by Cambridge in the head stuff, so unless they get additional training from elsewhere, they can only tell of things that helped them when they were dieting (or beyond)....just like any non-CDC.

So we're talking about getting trained Head Stuff Counsellors willing to give up their £50 per hour (or whatever) to come on a forum of dieters and give time for free ;)

Show me any dieting forum that does that, and I'll probably be able to point you to the paypal/Vista/Mastercard button :D

So, for the time being, you have to put up with me, who comes on in any spare time to try and help for free. Mike with his fab free newsletters and the multitude of other great members here who have picked up bits and pieces and learnt from experience :)

and me with the "Late Night Sofa" support thread in Families Forum and my background/training/experience in social work, drugs & alcohol, CBT & motivational interviewing, all given out freely to anyone who asks.

I'm wondering if you have had the chance to look around the whole site yet Goobledegook? :) There is a huge amount of support and several members who support and respond from a counselling skills approach when appropriate

Lacey :)

I thought that's whatthis site is all about.
An inclusive sopportive network of peoplle who share issues and experiences. As Isis and KD have said, there is so much information and knowlwdge on this forum and people willing to offer advice and share information.
If yOu can't find it here maybe you need to speak to yuor GP about counselling or CBT to help with your issues.
I lost my weight with the help of LL and it was the psychology that made the difference for me and continues to do so.
Good Luck Gobbledegook
:copon:

I get you KD , smile .
I can see what you are saying , who will do things for free and you are all very surrportive to eachother on minimins .
Thanks . You look great BTW

Slenda , you look good too . Maybe LL would be the answer , for the group meetings , such alot of money . will do a bank job first THee

Back