Support

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Hi All,

I'm new here, I've been looking at the boards for a while trying to work up the courage to join in.

I've struggled with my weight for years but am finally hoping to slim down for my wedding and because my son needs a healthy mummy who can run around with him without gasping for breath .

I started Atkins two and a half weeks ago and so far i've lost just under 6 pounds.

This is my second time on Atkins. The first time I lost nearly two stone but gave up because I had no support and I got a lot of grief from people for doing Atkins. I'm hoping that a bit of extra support from people in the same boat might make all the difference and give me the motivation to stick at it this time.

Thanks all x

Oh hun i'm the same i gave up the first time because everyone was so cruel about it. But the science of it all speaks for its self. Welcome to a lovely forum where everyone helps out each other.
Even myself i say to people that i'm either low carb or carbs don't agree with me. Sometimes it's easier to just say stuff like that. Any how this late at night many people may not post. But i'm sure come tomorrow you'll have more welcomes and support than you'd ever had imagined.
It's all worth it in the end hunni.

Aww Jonsgirl, you're gonna find so much support here, don't give in, you did amazing, just keep it up, you'll lose weight without even feeling like you're dieting, this is the friendliest board on the entire forum I reckon, you're so welcome here! xxx

Hi Jonsgirl. Lots of support on here. Like Marysu says, don't say Atkins just tell people you're cutting down on carbs.

Hi All,

I'm new here, I've been looking at the boards for a while trying to work up the courage to join in.

I've struggled with my weight for years but am finally hoping to slim down for my wedding and because my son needs a healthy mummy who can run around with him without gasping for breath .

I started Atkins two and a half weeks ago and so far i've lost just under 6 pounds.

This is my second time on Atkins. The first time I lost nearly two stone but gave up because I had no support and I got a lot of grief from people for doing Atkins. I'm hoping that a bit of extra support from people in the same boat might make all the difference and give me the motivation to stick at it this time.

Thanks all x

good for you join in

this is the friendliest board on the entire forum I reckon, you're so welcome here! xxx

Do you know, I've never actually looked at any other board on this forum (apart from low-carb one but there was no one there) I just come straight here and stay here.... :cool:

Hi Jonsgirl! It really is great here and everyone is sooooo supportive :)

Hi and welcome. I did start on the low carb board but saw more help on here. Given that it is actually the same thing i quickly switched. Atkins is more structured which is what i need. You'll find lots of help on here and some very nice people. Well done with your loss so far, keep it up.

Hi & welcome... you'll find loads of support, ideas & advice on here. x

hello and welcome as the others say were afriendly bunch with lots of tips and advice

hi and welcome,

were not a bad bunch here and offer everything from support to ideas for your next meal :D

I'm an Atkins second-timer too (1st time about 10 years ago) and I found it much easier with the support & info I've found here. Welcome & good luck!

Thanks for all the lovely messages, I really do feel welcome and not so shy now.

Nellyphant and Marysu I think youre right I'm not gonna mention Atkins anymore. Just say I'm cutting back on carbs.

My family gave me such a hard time saying it's dangerous etc, but then I think isn't it more dangerous to be four stone overweight?

Luckily my fiance says if it makes me happy it's ok with him and he is quite supportive - even though he does roll his eyes a bit when i say its steak for tea - again!!:D

Atkins is the only thing that's ever worked for me so i'm gonna try my hardest to stick at it for as long as I can.

Good for you and good one mr for being so supportive. Its easier when you man does

Hi Jonsgirl & welcome. I started on the LC forum, but someone posted & told me to come on here. Everyone is very friendly & supportive, if a bit mad, lol ;)

I say I'm low carbing, it shuts people up!!
Good luck x

Hi Jonsgirl and welcome to the maddest forum in the world! 99% of us on here are completely loopy but we have a good giggle, usually at ourselves :D
I'm on week 5 of Atkins now and couldn't give it up if I wanted to cos I like it too much on here :8855:
Good luck and congratulations on your 6lb loss xx

Hi darling an welcome, i'm the 1% sane one around here. LOL.

LOl

Welcome x

well it's comparative isn't it Cheryl. ;)

Back