Suprefree Rhubarb

Roughly, how much rhubarb do you get for your half a syn? I quite fancy some but don't usually use syns on puds. I'm useless at guessing weights... Would it be an average stick? More? Less?

When I was a kid we used to just break off a stick of rhubarb, wash it ( sometimes) and eat it raw. Mind you i believe there may have been dipping in sugar involved! Which I wouldn't recommend now! :)

LMAO cos we used to do that.

The healthy extra B allowance of stewed rhubarb is a very large portion - I've done it before and i look at the bowl and try to work out how I'm going to eat it all. :)

How about splitting your hexb over 2 days? Half your porridge allowance and half your rhubarb allowance on 2 consecutive days.

When I was a kid we used to just break off a stick of rhubarb, wash it ( sometimes) and eat it raw. Mind you i believe there may have been dipping in sugar involved! Which I wouldn't recommend now! :)

Snap - sugar & all. Just wondering if dipping in syn free yoghurt would hit the spot too.

I'm SOOO craving rhubarb right now and especially after reading all of this! Think I'm gonna make a speedy Saturday night run to the store for some superspeed rhubarb!

:help2:I've never cooked it before...Does anyone have any tips (instructions) for how to stew it with sweetner, so that it's not too bitter? Like how much water do I use and how much sweetner? Much appreciated!!!

Daisyboo - that sounds absolutely lush, layered with custard and sponge fingers - mmmmmmmm :)

I fancied some rhubarb yesterday so had a look in Sainsbury's were they where selling it for £2.50 for 4 stalks (that included a 50p saving) couldnt belive they were charging so much for something thats in season and used to be found in the corner of most gardens years ago. Neadless to say i didnt buy any.

I'm lazy so i usually buy a tin of rhubarb (usually in light syrup or juice) and microwave half of it for 2 minutes - then mash it up with a spoon! Could this still be a HExB?

Definitely not if its in syrup!

There is no canned rhubarb listed, only cooked rhubarb which is 450g as a HEXB.

Rhubarb takes no time at all to prepare and cook!
Wash, cut into chunks, in a saucepan with a little water, just enough to cover the base of the pan, bring to boil, turn down and simmer gently stirring occasionally until desired softness (add more water if necessary but it releases quite a lot). Add sweetener to taste.

Back