Surely this is impossible

zi-ann

I started SW on Monday after doing WW for 2 years and loseing just over 4 stone, i weighed myself on monday for a start weight, and i was dead on 15 stone, i had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning, and it says i am now 14 stone 11 ... these are the proper weight watcher scales that they use in their classes and they have always been spot on in the past .. but a 4 lbs loss in 2 days just seems too good to be true, i am doing EE, and am eating plenty of SS and SF daily, but i am still in shock, i will try my best not to weigh myself anymore untill my monday weigh in, but its very tempting not to jump on lol

Hi there,

My weight can easily fluctuate by up to 5 pounds depending in the time of day I get on the scales which is why I've had to quit being a serial weigher. It does me more harm than good overall.

Ive got the weight watchers scales also

its not impossible but it doesn't necessarily mean that you have lost that amount of weight unfortunately. Our weight goes up and down naturally for day day to day by as much as 7lb and thats why we are not advised to weigh ourselves daily. You could weigh again tomorrow and be a couple of pounds up. Fingers crossed you get a good result come weigh in day but I wouldn't expect too much, particularly as moving from WW means you were already probably eating healthily.

i weigh myself every morning after ive had a pee, and before ive had anything to drink/eat, i also weigh naked as i know clothes can effect weight loss, i suppose i should stay of the scales untill next monday lol x

Those times when you step on and you've lost weight are great but when you know youve been good and your seeing a STS or gain can get you really fed up and in my case start another "sod it" phase.

I know it's really difficult to not weigh yourself all the time when you've done it for so long. I'm getting a lot better at it. Certainly not down to one a week but doing a lot better than I was. I just kept reducing and reducing now I'm down to a couple of times a week rather than a couple of times a day

i know what you mean, years ago i was doing it my own way, and i would weigh myself every time i ate or drank something,in the end my mum threw the scales out x

I have moved house and purposely not bought a set of scales so I can't weigh as I would weigh myself 2 times a day and got obsessed!

its so easily done aint it, were all desperate to see that pound off etc, i think people like me can get a OCD for serial weighing lol

Hi zi-ann, firstly I wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far, that's really brilliant you must be so chuffed with that :)

I'm sure you will really enjoy SW and the differences to WW. Trust in the plan, it really does work and yes, probably your scales are right. I know it's so tempting to keep having a sneaky weigh (I was tempted myself this week) and I think the odd weigh here and there really doesn't hurt to be honest.

Good luck on your SW journey

You no doubt will have lost but there's no telling how much!

I'm like you, I weigh every day but as long as you understand your weight fluctuates all day long and only use the scales as a guide there's no harm.

I weigh all the time but only take the official weekly weigh in as my weight, and when I weigh in the day I only use the first weigh in as a guide, the rest of the day it goes mental!

When I weigh I'm not looking at the numbers, I'm checking to see if they're going down! It doesn't matter how much it says but as long as I can see it going down I'm ok. I don't like surprises so if I didn't weigh, thought I'd been 100%, then found I'd gained at group I would probably quit so it would do me more harm than good NOT to weigh so I don't end up surprised on weigh in day. .

Back