Surgery and CD

kellymundy

Gold Member
I've just found out that I have to have my gallbladder out!:cry:
I know I have to be off SS two weeks before surgery and 3 months after but I'm wondering if I can still do one of the higher plans and if I can whats the lowest plan I can be on for this time?

sorry cant help you but lm sure a CDC will be along soon

Any idea when Kelly? At least once it is out the suffering can end!!! And you will be fighting fit to see another day :)

I've just found out that I have to have my gallbladder out!:cry:
I know I have to be off SS two weeks before surgery and 3 months after but I'm wondering if I can still do one of the higher plans and if I can whats the lowest plan I can be on for this time?

The lowest plan you are advised to do is 1200 (in most circumstances anyway).

Best of luck for the op. I had mine out at the beginning of the year. Great to know I wont get that GB pain again.

Any idea when Kelly? At least once it is out the suffering can end!!! And you will be fighting fit to see another day :)
She told me it usually takes about 4 weeks between todays appointment and D day!:eek:
Thanks KD and yummy I think I'll see what my consultant has to say once I'm on the mend and what my CDC thinks.

yeah kelly u really need to speak to both b4 u start again

i hope everything goes well

Thanks Kelly - assume that is at QA or St Mary's? I will go and see my GP in the next few days (when I stop being rubbish and ring them) and it if it gall stones I will emphasise that it isnt urgent and not causing me too much grief yet!!!!

I am hoping that, if it is gall stones, they have caught it early enough to have a go at medical management/lasers to disolve the damn things :D

I collapsed and had to have emergency surgery with mine - I honestly thought I was dying, so trust me, if you can get seen to sooner and dont put it off, you'll be glad! The whole experience was horrendous and i wish i had dealt with it years ago - I am fine now and its really helped. Good luck x

Thanks Kelly - assume that is at QA or St Mary's? I will go and see my GP in the next few days (when I stop being rubbish and ring them) and it if it gall stones I will emphasise that it isnt urgent and not causing me too much grief yet!!!!

I am hoping that, if it is gall stones, they have caught it early enough to have a go at medical management/lasers to disolve the damn things :D
You don't want to wait about with it really hun. The surgeon said the only person she's had die from this around our age was someone who had to have it removed as emergency surgery because the woman had left it to long!
They also no longer do the sonic wave as in the long term it doesn't work (I begged her to give it a go but they won't).
The sooner you can get it out the sooner you can focus back on CD (can you tell I've just been talking to my CDC? LOL).
Yes it's at QA by the way and they do the op in the morning and you're home by that evening so no horrible over night stay.:D

Back