Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lucylis, but Coors light is 3pp per bottle.
I was checking alcohol earlier and just checked. I think it's 1pp per 100ml, but 3pp per bottle....... Sorry!!!! J xx

OMG OREOS i love them....can eat a whole double pack with a brew without even thinking about it. now it makes me feel a bit ill.....still yummy tho!!!!

I am not a lager drinker but when its sunny i quite like a lager with some fresh lime :) so today got some coors light! and they are 1pp a bottle :) I wouldn't bother with the ww red wine... not nice :-(

Dont know about the lager but just had to agree that the ww wine is completely minging !! I havent tried any of the others as I like red wine but would rather use a couple of extra points and at least enjoy it !

Just found the info for coors light again on calorie acount:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 12.0 oz (340.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 102

Calories from Fat

Total Fat 0.0g

Total Carbohydrates 5.1g

Protein 0.7

On this info I work coors light out as 1pp per bottle! can anyone confirm this? :) thanks Lis x

Alcohol has different system than food- I take it as 40 cal to 1pp. If you overestimate you can't do harm but the other way uh oh!!:(

We did BBQ stuff at my last meeting including alcohol. Apparently it's empty calories of no nutritional value and info on bottles don't apply. Bacardi Breezers are only 100 calories but are 3 or 4 pp. In ww shop book Coors light half pint or 300ml bottle are 4pp. But bottle on esource says 3pp.
Sorry. I know I'd be mighty p*ssed off if I was gaining over a few drinks.
There have been mistakes in the book and esource but I will ask at my next meeting xx

I believe it's the sugar content in alcohol that bumps it's points up. As the calc doesn't allow for sugar input, cannot work out PP from NV's, have to look it up x

Oh well no big loss to me, as I say its not my drink. Just think its stupid how its worked out. No one has explained certain things are worked out differently. And does that mean chocolate worked out different then as alot of sugar in it? Not sure I am that happy with this diet... If goal posts are going to be changed! Might to back to counting calories at least u cant go wrong there x

Hey Lis, Vodka is 2pp per 25ml pub measure. Probably the best value alcohol if you're adding diet mixers.
As far as I know, alcohol is the only thing that isn't as simple to work out with nv's, it's just the opposite of most fruit and veg, even though they have calories, they don't have pp values.
It is annoying, but worth finding out pp's for what you like, once it's done, you won't need to work it out again and again.
I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and drank all my weeklies in one afternoon/evening.... It was worth it, but I wouldn't do it every week! Lol xx

Lis, do you go to meetings? If you do, ask your leader when you're getting weighed.
The leader at my meeting always asks us how we got on over the week and answers any questions we have when weighing us. Sort of a minute or 2, one to one time. They are supposed to help you and you are paying for that help, if you want to know something, ask!!
J xx

thanks jackie, yes i go to meetings.. only been going two weeks and twice there was no meeting after WI so bit dissapointing! just had a look at alcohol myself and i think its cos the body willburn alcohol before it burns fat... not good if trying to loose weight I suppose:-( and as for lager I was looking for low cal and I should of been looking for low alcohol as they are the ones with 1pp ...doh! so will look for that x

I pur all the details in per bottle and it said 1 pp. Cant see how its three pp as normal lager is 3 pp. Its only about 100 cals per bottle. I Best check again. I not a big lager drinker anyways. Does anyone which low cal lager is 1 pp as it says in book? X

coors light is 3pp per 330ml bottle on esource.

You can't use the bottle information (it does actually say this in the ww starter pack) because it doesn't take into account alcohol sugars..

(by the way the alcohol section in the EOG is really unreliable..)

the whole alcohol thing is really getting on my wick, you'd think ww would have thought about this, and given people some sort of reasonable guide to at least guess.... rather than the useless and incorrect information in the eating out guide....

But generally speaking if you don't know the points, go by the 40kcal to 1pp rule (which nomes mentioned). Yeah its not 100% accurate (can overestimate by a point sometimes) but that's a whole heck of a lot better than guessing less and getting it completely wrong.

Alcohol itself has an energy value thus in turn converts to kcal. pure ethanol has one. The sugars could be worked out as they're carbs, there's not usually any fat, protein or fibre so they would have to find out the calories per percent of alcohol if that makes sense?

There's more kcal per g in alcohol then there is in protein, carbs & fibre. There's less than there is in fat. I'm on my phone so will try see if I can make a formula for working it out later that makes sense. I had a job way back when where I used to work out the nutritional info for foods in an analytical lab. I may be a bit rusty though!

thanks Hanna and you know what its actually nice! :) i even put a piece of lime in the becks :) and dont feel deprived. the bavarian tastes a bit between lager and cider! nice tho, hubby says its a white beer...like i know what that means, apparently its like hogarden(or however u spell it) x

oh and its on offer 3 for 2 in tesco at mo!
hey if its 1 pp per pint is that 2 bottles :) i dont mind 1pp per bottle tho, its good x

Back