Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

Standard 50g size Double Decker are definitely 6! Either that or my iPhone app, the shopping guide and eSource are all wrong. :) It's the big "Duo" ones that are 8.

Worth it on WI day with all those new weeklies...... Lol ;)

Ooh yes, my WI day was yesterday and I still have alot of my weeklies left. mmmm double decker lol :D

LadyHelen said:
Standard 50g size Double Decker are definitely 6! Either that or my iPhone app, the shopping guide and eSource are all wrong. :) It's the big "Duo" ones that are 8.

65g standard bar and the bars in 4pks are 8pp. Is half the duo 50g? 6pp maybe? Different size bars on esource x

Nairns Dark Choc Oat biscuits just 1pp each & delicious!!
They are more filling than a regular biscuit & as they are oat based they are slow-release energy woop :)

Bonus - wheat free! (not gluten free)

I have 2 with a banana & a coffee as a 2pp filling snack :)

(the app won't let me post the photo! But they stock them near the belvita in our Sainsbury's... will try again later with the pic!)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ohh these sound yummy, and something I can actually eat, with no wheat. Thanks :D

65g standard bar and the bars in 4pks are 8pp. Is half the duo 50g? 6pp maybe? Different size bars on esource x

Yep, I worked it out on the calculator. Defo 8pp x

I think I'm going to check this one with my leader this week, every single bit of reference material I can lay my hands on says 6 points for a standard one and 8 for a duo. :( If all their books/esource/iPhone app etc are wrong, they need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LadyHelen said:
I think I'm going to check this one with my leader this week, every single bit of reference material I can lay my hands on says 6 points for a standard one and 8 for a duo. :( If all their books/esource/iPhone app etc are wrong, they need to know.

On the app - it gives a couple of 'bar' size options. Maybe there was a 50g bar? The 65g bar is def on esource xx

Let us know what your leader says. I've checked on my calculator 3 times and it comes up as 8 each time. Wouldn't be the first time the books/esource are marked up wrong to be honest. I don't often use my books etc, always work it out myself to be on the safe side x

Hiya girls, Just was on another thread and someone was talking about Drumstick lollies - the raspberry and cream ones. I worked them out and they are only 2pp, thought it was my duty to pass on the great news lol

Oooh thanks! I lurrvvee drumstick lollies :D x

Let us know what your leader says. I've checked on my calculator 3 times and it comes up as 8 each time. Wouldn't be the first time the books/esource are marked up wrong to be honest. I don't often use my books etc, always work it out myself to be on the safe side x

Our leader tell us always to go with whatever the calculator works it out as, the book is often for one specific brand and can be different for alot of stuff. But the bar itself from Cadbury is 8pp for a standard bar. I've worked it out from the bar and from my fitness pal with the calculator. xx

Our leader tell us always to go with whatever the calculator works it out as, the book is often for one specific brand and can be different for alot of stuff. But the bar itself from Cadbury is 8pp for a standard bar. I've worked it out from the bar and from my fitness pal with the calculator. xx

That's what I was told too, my calculator is my main weapon lol. I only really use the books etc occasionally xx

Same as that, very rarely look at the books anymore. Just use my calculator too. The book underpoints a load of things. Like peas and mince. I like to get exactly what the points are worth. I looovvvee my calculator, bring it everywhere xx

Exactly, It's horrible when you go by the book only to find out you've been underpointing something for ages, I only get 29 dailies and they don't go far as it is! xx

More finds ....

If your on a budget, Morrissons value meal range (from the fridge) ..
Cottage pie = only 5pp :eek: and altho 'value range' raaaather tasty and a good portion !!
Also Minced beef stew = 5pp ... again a lovely sized portion ... and both only 74p!:eek:

Today i randomly went into Sainsburys ..
Their own 'Taste the difference' brand 'Almond thins' only 16 calories a biccy and bloooody gawwwjus .... for 2pp you can have 5 of them !!! ;)

I was amazed to find that a bag of Skips is only 2 pp :D

Yea the leader always told (even on the old plan) to check EVERYTHING with your calculator as the books are only a general guide.. And almost every brand will have a different PP value as they each use diff ingredients..
I mean the most basic "error" is the value the book gives for bread. It says 1pp for 1, n 3pp for 2.. But the majority of breads I've pointed are 2pp each and 5pp for 2 slices.. Tho I have found a nice tasty one thats 1pp for 1, n 3pp for 2 :) But the majority are more so in reality it shud giv the higher PP's in the book.. Ai know loads of ppl that never checked their breads until it was pointed out to them so they had been under pointing each time.. It is a pain but the book is just a guide...

Back