Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

Yea the leader always told (even on the old plan) to check EVERYTHING with your calculator as the books are only a general guide.. And almost every brand will have a different PP value as they each use diff ingredients..
I mean the most basic "error" is the value the book gives for bread. It says 1pp for 1, n 3pp for 2.. But the majority of breads I've pointed are 2pp each and 5pp for 2 slices.. Tho I have found a nice tasty one thats 1pp for 1, n 3pp for 2 :) But the majority are more so in reality it shud giv the higher PP's in the book.. Ai know loads of ppl that never checked their breads until it was pointed out to them so they had been under pointing each time.. It is a pain but the book is just a guide...

ooh which bread is that? I love bread but 5pp for 2 slices feels like i'm being cheated lol

ooh which bread is that? I love bread but 5pp for 2 slices feels like i'm being cheated lol

Ha ha I know.. If I can't get the low PP one I leave without getting bread ha ha..
Its Johnson Mooney & O'Brien (do you have that in the UK?) 100% wholemeal.. BUT.. I noticed only this week the handy pan is less cals than the full pan!! I dont buy the full pan so didn't point it, so dont know if it makes a diff to the PP value.. But defo check if yer getting a full pan.. :)

Ha ha I know.. If I can't get the low PP one I leave without getting bread ha ha..
Its Johnson Mooney & O'Brien (do you have that in the UK?) 100% wholemeal.. BUT.. I noticed only this week the handy pan is less cals than the full pan!! I dont buy the full pan so didn't point it, so dont know if it makes a diff to the PP value.. But defo check if yer getting a full pan.. :)

I've never heard of it! I'll have a hunt round, will be sods law if it's not available over here lol. I know the milk loaf is 1pp per slice all the way but its TINY! You'd need 5 slices to feel like you've had a sandwich so might aswell go all out and have proper bread :)

I've never heard of it! I'll have a hunt round, will be sods law if it's not available over here lol. I know the milk loaf is 1pp per slice all the way but its TINY! You'd need 5 slices to feel like you've had a sandwich so might aswell go all out and have proper bread :)
Yea I dont like the WW bread or Dunnes do a Better For You sliced pan too that's 1pp per slice but the slices are so thin and smaller than a 'real' slice of bread..
That's why I love the JMO'B one.. Its full size bread.. Its 63cals per slice.. Have a quick look on the packs n see if ya can find one with similar cals :D

Yea I dont like the WW bread or Dunnes do a Better For You sliced pan too that's 1pp per slice but the slices are so thin and smaller than a 'real' slice of bread..
That's why I love the JMO'B one.. Its full size bread.. Its 63cals per slice.. Have a quick look on the packs n see if ya can find one with similar cals :D

I will do! Thanks chick :D x

Tesco value soda bread/brown bread (the one most like mc cambridges brown bread) is only 1 pp for one slice and onyl 2pp for 2 slices. I checked and checked the values as 2 mc cambridges slices are 5 pp

Tesco value soda bread/brown bread (the one most like mc cambridges brown bread) is only 1 pp for one slice and onyl 2pp for 2 slices. I checked and checked the values as 2 mc cambridges slices are 5 pp
Sainsburys own brown scone bread is 2pp for 1 and 4pp for 2, this was the lowest one I could find!! The Cambridges one is definately 5pp for 2, I used to eat these breads every morning. Can't eat any off them now, I'm allergic to wheat :eek:

MrsLmc said:
Sainsburys own brown scone bread is 2pp for 1 and 4pp for 2, this was the lowest one I could find!! The Cambridges one is definately 5pp for 2, I used to eat these breads every morning. Can't eat any off them now, I'm allergic to wheat :eek:

The brennans one is lower than the mccambridge one too.. I don't buy them coz I'm the only one eats them. So we end up throwing them out n they go to waste :-(

The brennans one is lower than the mccambridge one too.. I don't buy them coz I'm the only one eats them. So we end up throwing them out n they go to waste :-(

Frances I used to freeze them in two's because I was the only one ate them too x

Never thought of that.. And I freeze EVERYTHING.. Am defo gona do that now.. Love it with soup and seen as my soup is 0 I may as well hav some yummy soda bread :D

yip stick them in the toaster to defrost ;)

Super important find...................
Blossom hill White............ 14pp's!!!!!! :D
And i noticed most White wines were the same....... Not 19 like ww advices... I know there's is a "guide" but that's a massive difference

How'd you work it out hon!!? xx

they use a different system for working out alcohol. So we have no way of working it out:(

'Empty calories' they call it..... Sigh :( xx

The problem is the empty calories are usually the ones that taste the best....

Ain't that the truth!!! Lol ;)

Back