Surrogate pregnancy - Trying not to gain too much!!!

Blueboxgeek

I've decided to make myself a food diary to hold myself accountable for every bit of food and drink that goes in my mouth!! I'll update each morning with the previous days diary. I just re-joined slimming world last night so today has been my first day.

A little about me, I'm a 33yr old mum to two boys (5 and 8) and a step mum to a 17yrs old boy. For a number of years my sister has been unable to conceive and was diagnosed with early menopause last year. We tried IVF using my eggs last year but it was unsuccessful. Due to some other health issues we all decided that surrogacy would be the best route so we decided to opt for straight surrogacy (my eggs, her husbands sperm) and I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant.

I was overweight (and slowly losing weight) before getting pregnant and I don't want to gain heaps of weight that I have to lose afterwards. I also want to make sure that I can be as healthy as possible to give their little one the best start possible.

So I went back to slimming world and am hoping I can keep on track with eating healthy and not gain an unneccessary amount of weight.

Anyway, I'll update tomorrow with how today has gone. Thanks for reading!! :)

hun what a lovely thing you are doing for your sister, good luck with your journey xxxx

Awww thank you hunnie xxx

Well here is yesterdays diary. I could have done better, I tried to go without the crisps in the afternoon but had eaten my apple and felt a bit sick so they were the best thing in the vending machine!

My midwife has said that as I am pregnant and looking at maintaining not losing I should have two healthy A options and two healthy B options.

BreakfastWeetabixB
BananaFree
Skimmed MilkA
LunchPasta BolognaiseFree
(sauce with passatta, onions,
mushrooms)
Muller LightFree
DinnerCottage pie (extra lean mince, carrots, peasFree
green beans, onions, topped sweet potato)
CheeseA
Gravy2
SnacksHi Fi BarB
Quavers5.5
Banana, satsuma, appleFree
Curley Wurley6

You are doing well hun I love quavers :) xxx

Back