Survived first lunch with others eating :-)

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Well it's only D2 for me on CD and my sister came up with dog and her 2 year old for a walk on the local beach. She then came back for lunch and I made her beans on toast (with lovely toasted soda bread) for lunch. I sat there with my cup of chicken & mushroom soup and although the bread smelt lovely I found, amazingly, that I found it quite easy to resist any negative thoughts about feeling left out etc. Woohoo!!

Is this what they mean when they talk about finally being in the right "head space" to tackle weight?

Gg

Well done Gorey Girl, I went to mcdonalds today with my husband and had a bottle of water while he had his lunch, and I feel great that I was able to resist

....I feel great that I was able to resist

So cool isn't it? Who knew resisting could feel this good? Lol. Mind you I am not tempting fate; got invited to a friend's for the evening but they have a tendency to spend the evening snacking on nuts and crisps so I've decided not to go this early into the programme. Why make things too difficult for myself eh?

Its great to be able to have that commitment to your goal, and I felt great walking out the door with the remainder of my bottle of water :) and I'm sure your experience gave you confidence that you can deal with the social side of things even when they are difficult

I think your right to avoid temptation this early on, I would avoided temptation myself in the first couple of weeks and on week three I wasnt well and lost my focus but managed to get it back and things have been going to plan ever since :)

I think cd is playing with your internal calendar though :) its 1st of October :D

Go girl>>>>
Its a fantastic feeling isn't it and one that keeps you motivated :D

I have to admit that I cooked for the entire family every night for the first 3 weeks, sat with hubby in the pub and watched him wolf down a cheeseburger dinner and baked an entire batch of choc scones and wasn't tempted once.....infact i panicked that i had become a "feeder" :eek: Then i realised that i just wanted to keep everyone happy and i would sit and eat my soup whilst the family chomped happily.
Since then i have struggled (had a 4 day break from the diet) and cannot stop thinking about food, the need for chocolate and wine (TOTM) so have stopped cooking for them and removed myself from temptation. Its all about listening to your body.

Keep in tune and you will stay in the zone, the lbs and stones will fall away sooner than you realise.
Dolly x

Back