Sushi

They are on the whole very low but it will depend on whose make, how much sugar they put in the rice etc etc Come back to us with some more details

I LOVE sushi- am going to a lovely place today and eating a TON of it- I avoid any that have mayo in the filling or have fried goods in/on them (not many have this) and count the rest as free. The restaurant only add rice vinegar to their sushi, so I have confirmed it is just fish, veg, rice and seaweed- so free-a-mundo

Even if you allow for sugar in the rice, I never heard of anyone getiing fat off sushi!

p.s. Phil- you can tell it's nearly Christmas as the craker jokes seem to have appeared! lol

I

Even if you allow for sugar in the rice, I never heard of anyone getiing fat off sushi!
No you are absolutely right but if someone wants the correct syn values then that is what i try to find. The highest syn value is for M&S sushi at 4.5 syns (medium pack)
I have just found this interesting article about Nori
Seaweed has been promoted for weight loss (by stimulating thyroid activity), boosting the immune system, decreasing blood sugar and cholesterol, increasing gastro-intestinal tract function, and for decreasing the symptoms of arthritis joint pains WOW

The synning of sushi is flawed on EE! The M&S pack you mentioned is 4.5 syns on a green day, but on a green day they are synning the tuna, prawns and salmon included. On EE I have to take the lowest syn value of red/green despite the fact that I know on EE tuna, salmon and prawns are free.

It gets confusing- and this is where I think SW need to get their act in gear. I allow 2 syns for this pack for the sesame seeds, nori and the prawn roll contains a little mayo

Excellent news on the seaweed! Gives me an excuse to eat more
xxx

Last edited:
Back