Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Def need the sunshine back Susie, we were all running around at the weekend with a sense of motivation, sun disappears and everyone is feeling tired out. Well done on TS, if the turkey dinner is anything like shepherds pie will have to try as I love shepherds pie. Hope your daughter does well, I think it's really hard to judge how you do in these situations, when will she get her results?

Hi Willow. She will get her results next week the day before she goes to Australia for a clinical placement in Sidney. I so want her to pass now or else the resit will be a week after she flies back so not ideal with jet lag & more revision. She knows for sure she has failed one station cos she said if she was the examiner she would not have passed her. There were 5 more stations & she needs to have passed all those but one she is a bit unsure off. Will just need to keep my everything crossed till the results come through.
I think I'm more worried than she is!!

I think the Turkey is similar to the Shepherds pie :). I will let you know later xx

Fingers crossed for her. Sometimes the mother worries more than the child. My parents used to stay awake with me during my exams weeks. I am sure she will pass it with no probs.
well done diet wise you are doing great hun :) send me some of that motivation.

Hi Susie, I quite like the turkey dinner but am not into the Sheperds pie - so not sure what you will make of that! lol I think the turkey dinner is like a peppery turkey flavour - but its one of the better meals to my mind. you may have made your won mind up by now though!

You are doing so well at the mo, just hope it isn't worrying over your daughter too! She will be ok one way or another x

Day 5 TS. Daily weigh in this morning shows down 1lb. 4 more lb till back to what I was before the couple of weeks mucking about.

My Turkey Dinners have arrived so will have one of them tonight for main meal. Hope I like them cos I have 50 of them to get through :eek:.

Feeling sluggish today for some reason, not what you expect 5 days into TS. I will put it down to the weather as its wet, cold & dull outside. Need a little bit of sunshine :character00238:.

Daughter has just finished the last of the 4 exams & she isn't optimistic about this last one. She thinks she may have to resit it so I'm feeling a bit sad for her.
Six years of study resting on this last exam is so stressful & she has only had a few hours sleep in the last 3 days. She is now down the pub having a much deserved chilling out time with her mates.

Hope everyone is having a good day x

You're doing so well with the diet, you'll soon be weighing less than you did before xx

Such a shame for your daughter, they don't really need the stress that these exams cause - really hope she's done ok xx

if the turkey dinner is anything like shepherds pie will have to try as I love shepherds pie.

Positive vibes heading to your daughter :)

How was your turkey? :D

Just finished the Turkey dinner but not too keen. It reminds me of Lentils & is a bit textured if you know what I mean. I much prefer the Shepherds pie.

Oh well will have to spread them out to about 2 a week. I'll add less water next time cos I think I added too much as it was like a thick soup consistency or I'll try to cook it in the microwave & see of I can get it to come out like a chipati as I think it has that kind of taste. :) x

Last edited:
Shame you're not keen on the turkey dinners hun. I hope your daughter gets the results she wants xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

if the turkey dinner is anything like shepherds pie will have to try as I love shepherds pie.

Positive vibes heading to your daughter :)

How was your turkey? :D

Just finished the Turkey dinner but not too keen. It reminds me of Lentils & is a bit textured if you know what I mean. I much prefer the Shepherds pie.

Oh well will have to spread them out to about 2 a week. I'll add less water next time cos I think I added too much as it was like a thick soup consistency or I'll try to cook it in the microwave & see of I can get it to come out like a chipati as I think it has that kind of taste. :) x

Oh no, with you having that many I was really hoping you were going to love them - I've not tried them yet x

You're doing well Susie. I hope I can get to day 5!

Fingers crossed for your daughter. Sydney? How exciting!!!

My bag is same as yours. Always got bluster packs of drugs in there!

Hope u feel good soon ;-) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till April sometime!

Oh no, with you having that many I was really hoping you were going to love them - I've not tried them yet x

They're not as bad as the strawberry milk shake. Think I need to tweak them a bit because the bits that were dry & stuck to the bowl were similar to the Shepherds pie so it may be that I added to much water. Will have another go tomorrow & experiment a bit x

Shame you're not keen on the turkey dinners hun. I hope your daughter gets the results she wants xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Twinkle, I hope so too. It would be terrible if she fails at the last hurdle after working so hard.:sigh:

If push comes to shove I will mix the Shepherds pie with the Turkey dinner & see how that comes out x

Aw sorry to hear you're not too keen on turkey dinner. I didn't like it the first time I had it either but then it grew on me and it's become one of my faves now! I find that the less water I use the better, nice and thick is the way for me with that one!

Good luck with your daughters exam results! Hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Day 5 TS done :)

Couldn't wait till tomorrow to experiment so had another Turkey dinner as my 3rd pack & tried it with less water but still not keen. I'm now eating it as a chipati & like it a bit more so looks like pancakes & chapatis are going to play a big part in this diet :). x

Day 6 TS & another lb down so 3 more lb to lose till regain gone.

Was supposed to be going shopping with my daughter today but she has a bit of a hangover, Oh well that will have to wait till another day.

Ended up with indigestion last night after eating the Turkey dinner chipati so this evening will mix it with a shepherds pie & see how that pans out.

Feeling like I am back into the Exante routine now. OH has a virus & is coughing for England. Staying well away cos I really don't want to come down with anything again. Cos that will put another spanner in the works. Just want to get a good run of this now & start seeing some results in the mirror before the weather starts warming up.x

Menu for today

Vanilla Pancake
Shepherds Pie/Turkey dinner
Bar - not sure what one yet, will save that decision till later :) x
Lots of water & Flavoured coffee.

Hope everyone's having a good day x

Yey to the weight loss and almost losing what you'd gained :)
Nice to hear you're back in the zone :)

Just tried the choc orange bar and OMG I was in heaven! Sooo satisfying xx

Nice one Susie. Glad you're feeling strong. It'll be so worth it when the weather get warmer :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till April sometime!

Nice one Susie. Glad you're feeling strong. It'll be so worth it when the weather get warmer :) x Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till April sometime!

Oh I so hope the weather does get warmer and sunnier soon. Been miserable where I live xx

You're doing so well Susie, your posts are great to read :) xx

Susie it sounds like you are well and truly back on it.

good luck in getting your gain weight off

Back