Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hi Susie. I hope your foot gets better soon. I'm having problems with my leg still. I think it's arthritis but the x ray I had last October didn't show any. The physiotherapist thought it was nerve damage and the physio did help. I'm going to book an appointment with the GP this week as when I was in London my leg just collapsed under me and I fell over which was quite embarrassing but also quite worrying. I've looked this up on the internet and apparently it could be due to nerve damage. Don't keep putting off going to the doctors, that's what I've done and my leg has been getting progressively worse!

Keep at it and that 2lb will be gone in no time :)

Reckon you should start hopping everywhere to ease your dodgy foot - that'll soon get you outta puff and wondering why you ever needed a treadmill! ;-) x

Really sorry to hear about your foot. I kinda know your pain - I suffer from acute tendonitis and it gets painful at times. And please do not beat yourself up about eating, today is a new day! x

Think it's time to see a doctor Susie and get some tests done on your foot, it's such a shame that it's hurting and stopping you from doing what you want to xx

Susie, I'm with everyone who says it time to go to the docs. My friend went to see her GP about having a bunion op and did indeed get a referral. But when she had her foot x-rayed at hospital they found that she didn't have a bunion as such. The bump had been caused when she'd broken her foot, ages ago, and because she hadn't realised they had fused back together at a funny angle which is what had caused the bump! Or you might have a stress fracture which she now also has for going back to work too soon after her op and wearing the wrong kind of shoes. Silly girl. Go and get it sorted so you can get back to full fitness and crack on with all of this. (Bit of tough love there!) :bighug:

Susie, I'm with everyone who says it time to go to the docs. My friend went to see her GP about having a bunion op and did indeed get a referral. But when she had her foot x-rayed at hospital they found that she didn't have a bunion as such. The bump had been caused when she'd broken her foot, ages ago, and because she hadn't realised they had fused back together at a funny angle which is what had caused the bump! Or you might have a stress fracture which she now also has for going back to work too soon after her op and wearing the wrong kind of shoes. Silly girl. Go and get it sorted so you can get back to full fitness and crack on with all of this. (Bit of tough love there!) :bighug:

I have already dressed my foot with a fracture dressing Cate. My feeling is that its tendinitis & a touch of arthritis to the head of the middle toe though. Tried to get an x-ray at work but the consultants aren't allowed to request one for staff anymore so it has to go through my GP. Complete waste of time seeing as I am surrounded by orthopaedic consultants every morning when I do my rounds with them LOL.

STS Today. Hunger demons still hanging around but foot feels a little better today. xx

Day 1/28 weight 13st 11 - Goal, to lose 16lb by graduation.
Day 2/28 weight 13st 9.75 lb, loss so far - 1.25 lb - 27 days till graduation
Day 3/28 weight 13st 9.0 lb, loss so far - 2lb - 26 days till graduation
Day 4/28 weight 13st 8.0 lb, loss so far - 3lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 5/28 weight 13st 7.75 lb, loss so far - 3.25lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 6/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 24 days till graduation
Day 7/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 23 days till graduation

Its a shame there isn't a magic cure for hunger as well as feet!!

Question is though, was it hunger or just lusting after certain foods? That's generally my problem rather than hunger. Nearly grabbed stuff several times today but stopped myself again :)

I heard this ages ago, but somebody on tv said that any addiction can be quit by abstaining, but you can't abstain from food, it is the hardest addiction to break....

Not going to be a 100% day TH cos i've decided to have food while taking the strong anti inflammatories. Don't want an ulcer so will have low carb and aim for STS till foot is better. I can fit into my dress but means I will have to wear a jacket or something to disguise my bottom lol

Managed to get an appointment with the GP for Thursday which is a bit of a result as usually there is at least a 2 week wait so pleased about that.

Son will go shopping for me and get some chicken and ham to have with salad stuff and will try to have just a slice of one or the other with a pack just before I take the meds in the day time and have a salad in the evening.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hi Susie, I hope the GP can sort something out for you quickly. The pain and frustration of not being able to do your steps and the treadmill must be driving you potty, well done on staying so strong x

Sorry you're in so much pain chick xx

Hope you're back to being fighting fit before too long. In the meantime enjoy your salads totally guilt free!

I'm sorry about your foot and really hope doctor can help. Please don't feel bad about eating 'real food' - you need to get better and that's all that matters. Hugs. X

How's your foot been today? I'm seeing my GP on Thursday too about my leg! Have also booked in for physio through the council health care dpt. Should get an appt in next 3 weeks.

STS again today but happy as long as there is no gain while on the anti inflammatories.

Typically now that I have booked the appointment to see the GP tomorrow my foot pain is no where near as bad today. Actually walking with out limping. I will still go to see the doc though cos if I cancel it you can bet the pain will be back tomorrow with a vengeance lol

Day 1/28 weight 13st 11 - Goal, to lose 16lb by graduation.
Day 2/28 weight 13st 9.75 lb, loss so far - 1.25 lb - 27 days till graduation
Day 3/28 weight 13st 9.0 lb, loss so far - 2lb - 26 days till graduation
Day 4/28 weight 13st 8.0 lb, loss so far - 3lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 5/28 weight 13st 7.75 lb, loss so far - 3.25lb - 25 days till graduation
Day 6/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 24 days till graduation
Day 7/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 23 days till graduation
Day 8/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 22 days till graduation
Day 9/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 21 days till graduation W/S
Day 10/28 weight 13st 10lb, loss so far -1lb - 20 days till graduation W/S

Hope everyone's day is going well xx

Back