Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hi Susie, sts is my new best friend!! (Lol nearly wrote std....now that would be a worry!!!!)
I've been the same since my 2lb drop last week and the only add on is a tiny bit of skimmed milk in 2-3 teas and I had a small piece of chicken the other night.
Hopefully we'll get the boost that everyone is talking about soon xx

Sts is good, hopefully you'll get a big sudden drop, I'm hoping so ;)

I think it's a good idea to take it easy on your foot, the last thing you want is that ruining the graduation for you - I think CP's idea of looking up desk exercises is a good one, that way you'll burn calories and tone up xx

I know you're right Katie but this inner voice keeps telling me to "get on your bike" over & over again :rolleyes: x

Hi Susie, sts is my new best friend!! (Lol nearly wrote std....now that would be a worry!!!!)
I've been the same since my 2lb drop last week and the only add on is a tiny bit of skimmed milk in 2-3 teas and I had a small piece of chicken the other night.
Hopefully we'll get the boost that everyone is talking about soon xx

Ha ha Bride, I can find you a better mate if it ever comes to that lol

I know, STS so annoying isn't it. 150mls milk isn't that much calorie wise but obviously enough to have a bit of an impact.

Not sure if I'm even in ketosis yet cos I haven't had that energetic feeling at all x

I know you're right Katie but this inner voice keeps telling me to "get on your bike" over & over again :rolleyes: x
You need to look at it with your professional head on rather than your personal - think what you'd advise a patient rather than what you feel you should be doing......really don't want to see you suffer long term xx

Day 7 TS & 150mls milk & 1lb down so that's a 3lb loss for the week. Not bad considering no exercise & having milk with the anti inflamatories.

Off to dentist for a filling, which I am dreading so will catch up on diaries this afternoon.

Day 1/83 weight 13st 12lb - Goal, to lose 41lb by holiday
Day 2/83 weight 13st 11lb - loss so far 1lb - 82 days till holiday
Day 3/83 weight 13st 10.5lb - loss so far 1.5lb - 81 days till holiday
Day 4/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 80 days till holiday
Day 5/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 79 days till holiday
Day 6/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 78 days till holiday
Day 7/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 77 days till holiday

Have a good day everyone x

You're doing fab Susie, hope the dentist visit went well xx

Thats a fab weight loss Susie, well done x

3lb is brilliant, you've really earned that. Hope dentist went ok I do empathise, can't bear having fillings :( xxx

Thanks everyone

Day 8 TS & milk. STS this morning.

Its absolutely pouring down here. Dog is shaking & wont let me go anywhere without her!.

Only slight foot pain today but the trouble with taking the anti inflammatory & resting up is that it may be disguising the pain.

Decided I will take them till after the graduation on Monday. Back to work on Tuesday then day off Wednesday. Will stop the anti inflammatory on Tuesday night so that when I see the GP on Wednesday I will know if the pain is still there or improving.

Haven't been on the bike for a few days so not sure whether to just get on there for 10 min & see how it goes. Decisions, decisions. xx

Day 1/83 weight 13st 12lb - Goal, to lose 41lb by holiday
Day 2/83 weight 13st 11lb - loss so far 1lb - 82 days till holiday
Day 3/83 weight 13st 10.5lb - loss so far 1.5lb - 81 days till holiday
Day 4/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 80 days till holiday
Day 5/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 79 days till holiday
Day 6/83 weight 13st 10lb - loss so far 2lb - 78 days till holiday
Day 7/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 77 days till holiday
Day 8/83 weight 13st 9lb - loss so far 3lb - 76 days till holiday

If it's not much better Susie I'd recommend seeing the doctor before you go back to work - don't want to risk harming it more by driving and being on your feet xx

If it's not much better Susie I'd recommend seeing the doctor before you go back to work - don't want to risk harming it more by driving and being on your feet xx

It would be good Katie but have to book 2 weeks in advance to see GP here, so I booked this appt before I came a home after the 1st appointment if you get what I mean. :)

Susie stay off the bike! Being fit for your daughters graduation and your foot recovery is more important x

Susie stay off the bike! Being fit for your daughters graduation and your foot recovery is more important x

I know CP but exercising has always been linked very closely with my staying on track with this diet. Boredom is setting in & its getting harder to resist picking at food.

Already had a thick slice of cheese just now :sigh:. Wasn't hungry, just fed up !

Been invited to friends on Saturday evening for a drink too

At this rate I will be downing a bottle of rum when I'm there x

Last edited:
It's so hard, exercise does occupy your time. Exercise also plays a big part in my weight control. It's times like this that I wish I could remember how to knit so my hands aren't busy putting food into my mouth.

It's so hard, exercise does occupy your time. Exercise also plays a big part in my weight control. It's times like this that I wish I could remember how to knit so my hands aren't busy putting food into my mouth.

LOL I haven't knitted for years & even then I never finished what I had started. ;)

Cant believe you are still in pain with your foot susie. There must be some underlying issue for it to be going on this long.
Hope you get it sorted soon x

Listen to your body - I pushed mine too hard when I reached goal last time and exercised like a crazy woman (I'm not suggesting you are exercising like a crazy woman) and injured my ankle - (posterior ankle impingement) I couldn't do anything even remotely low impact after as scar tissue or something has built up that will need an op to remove if I want to go back to the gym. When I got to goal it was doing step/body balance/bodypump/body attack once ot twice a day that helped me maintain and when I couldn't go anymore (my injury meant even swimming excacerbated it!)I started down the slippery slope to regaining :( As I say I'm not suggesting your situation is even remotely the same, but it's a cautionary tale - better to take it easy now and try not to worry about it, so that you can properly heal and get back to the exercise when you are back to full fitness and then you'll be able to keep exercising long term. xxx

Cant believe you are still in pain with your foot susie. There must be some underlying issue for it to be going on this long.
Hope you get it sorted soon x

Its the tendon MM. Had x-ray & no bone damage. I had plantar fasciitis in the past which took months to get better & has affected my foot posture. Physio said this will take a while too :sigh: x

Back