Susie's 2022 campaign

Told a friend about it and what I'm eating, and she said it sounds as if I'm doing low cal without realising it.

SW is all about pasta, potatoes and rice - but I don't eat pasta more than once a week, and limit bread and potatoes - so it's time for another U-turn and I've started logging everything again today. Will reduce the cal level from 2000 to 1700 for a bit, see how I get on. Sorry to bore you all with it, will keep to some SW stuff but keep an eye on the cals :).

Well this is interesting - another SWI and I've put on another 2lbs...but had such a good day yesterday, so don't know what's going on.

Ah well...really warm here today, and got the guys coming round to dig big holes in the garden and find out where the water leak is coming from, and hopefully fix it!

B - tea, omelette with spinach
L - leftover turkey
D - bolognese
S - fruit and yogurt, no syns today, see if that helps!

Sx

Bodies are strange Susie, maybe you should only weigh once a week that way you won't feel confused and frustrated- what's now happened is you are going to deny yourself syns and you know that syns are important to SW and weight loss - do you have your heb and heas most days? They are also key to losses. They don't have to come as bread, sometimes I have my heb in the form of cashews or something like that.

Don't beat yourself up over it, remember you had a massive loss this week.

I hope I didn't just come off as scolding you!! I am the last one to give advice, I had a Chinese takeaway last night! So much for my forward planing!!!!

Of course you're not scolding me hun, just giving me a gentle but helpful reminder that sometimes the weight does jump around! :). I know I shouldn't WI every day, will try and stick to once a week...:rolleyes:

I was having HEA/Bs most days, and I did have my syns last night. It's not a perfect science though, is it?

I've just worked out my day's food, and the whole thing, with a smoothie later, comes to 1,446, so I'm happy with that. Friends are dropping round for wine later (it's the hot weather, honest :D) so there'll be a few cals. Going to try and eat before they get here to minimise the damage. I'm also not going to buy any more crap food/snacks/bread stuff - if it's not in the house I can't have it!

That's one of the problems I have with SW, the pasta and rice. It does get people to cook from scratch so will work for people eating takeaway or needing discipline but for those who cook real food anyway I don't think it is the best choice of plan as you can consume a lot of calories if you want.

I agree about the snacks, if they are in the house i will eat them. I have been buying more healthy crisp options or having good crackers or rice cakes with cottage cheese as a snack. Veggie or fruit sticks just won't do it when I need cheesecand onion crisps.

Oooh yes rice cakes, love 'em with cottage cheese. Will add to the shopping list :)

Apologies all, I know I change plan as often as my knickers; and moan and carry on about having to log everything - but I've read back through my thread and it does seem to work better for me in the long run.

I just have to try and have mostly good days, and not start searching for an alternative plan when I have one bad day!

Later - the leak is all fixed hurrah, plus the running cistern, plus my aircon, plus the BBQ - I am lucky to have found Raffi and his team, they work their behinds off!

Last edited:
Hello lovely Susie,

Sorry I've not been on recently, just catching up on your diary - to SW and backnto CC!! Who cares - you got some great losses. !! You'll find what's right for you xxxx

Sorry to hear about your friend in hospital and your brother. It's so hard to keep
On plan with stressful things in your life. I know sleep deprivation affects my cravings for sugar !!

Apologies all, I know I change plan as often as my knickers; and moan and carry on about having to log everything - but I've read back through my thread and it does seem to work better for me in the long run.!

Maybe you need to physical change to keep your body reacting to it and the physiological change to keep your brain invested in it. If it works it doesn't matter. I just thinks its amazing that you manage to lose any weight at all surrounded by all that wine.

I just thinks its amazing that you manage to lose any weight at all surrounded by all that wine.

LOL yes sometimes it's hard to avoid the vino, especially now the weather is getting hot. I've also discovered a liking for lemon beer, just the ticket when it's hot outside and the beer is icy cold.

Been an OK day today -

B - eggs on toast with a little mayo
L - sausages - meant to have salad but didn't, oops!
D - turkey and spinach casserole with skinny noodles
S - smoothie, maybe some scan bran with cottage cheese
Total - 1,575

Oh I love that you are so like me! I signed up to WW last night!!!!! Hee hee! Good luck on cc ing!!! I too like my vino and booze and you can allow that in WW and CC. I was considering doing one week SW and one week WW or switch every couple of weeks or month. But what I really need to do is stop cheating!!!! Diets work if you stick to them. We will keep fighting the fight, regardless of what weapons we use!

X

Hello ladies - well, it has been a couple of car crash days, with a friend turning up unexpectedly and forcing me to drink vino and eat lots of pizza...oops :D.

She and her OH were in another part of Italy and just decided to come and stay, which was wonderful :) They've headed off now, but I don't think I'll bother weighing in on Thursday. This week coming is also going to be a bad one - election party on Thursday, dinner out Friday, Saturday a trip to the gelato factory and lunch on Tuesday... :eek:. Oh dear. Never mind, I'll do the best I can...

Hope you're all well. I'm off for a little recovery nap :).

Hello ladies - well, it has been a couple of car crash days, with a friend turning up unexpectedly and forcing me to drink vino and eat lots of pizza...oops :D.

She and her OH were in another part of Italy and just decided to come and stay, which was wonderful :) They've headed off now, but I don't think I'll bother weighing in on Thursday. This week coming is also going to be a bad one - election party on Thursday, dinner out Friday, Saturday a trip to the gelato factory and lunch on Tuesday... :eek:. Oh dear. Never mind, I'll do the best I can...

Hope you're all well. I'm off for a little recovery nap :).

Ooh Susie - I envy your life, although I can see the struggle of enjoying life on the food and booze front - I can't wait for retirement and only hope its as fulfilling as your life is. Isn't that awful for me to wish my years away?! Just hoping for that lottery win one day!

xx

All fingers crossed for your lottery win Charley! I know I'm very lucky to be able to retire early - but it only came about through a small inheritance from my father.

Well, another day, another tummy bug! No idea what set it off but been curled up all day with cramps and running to the loo, lots! (sorry TMI). But have found some Imodium now and hopefully it will be less uncomfortable.

Not eaten much but tum is swollen up like a huge beach ball. so will leave WI until next week!

Thanks Tessa - still feeling a bit fragile today but on the mend.

Also womaned up and jumped on the scales, and I've lost 1lb, so that's 10lbs since my restart. Pleased with that, considering the bad week!

Unfortunately today it's pasta for lunch and pizza for dinner out with friends...:)

Ouch to the tummy bug ( I hate the cramping that comes with it) but it can help weight loss...though not in a healthy way. Anytime that happens to me I take some acidopholus or other good gut bugs.

Way, great, a 1lb loss is great.
Why is pizza sooooooooo nice?

Hello ladies!

Had a rough couple of days with the old tum but am properly back to normal today, yaye - but I'm afraid I've been making up for it. Absolutely lush spinach and ricotta pizza was consumed for B/L, and I went out to do the weekly shop and bought lots of delicious bread - wholemeal rolls with walnuts, and other irresistible yummy things :oops:.

Oh well, will climb back on the wagon tomorrow :D.

Morning - and thanks Tessa! :)

Still not back on plan, headed straight for the wheat and walnut rolls and had one (they are huge!) with butter and blackcurrant jam. Oops. But lush :D.

But I did buy lots of fruit yesterday - they are practically giving away melons and apricots at the moment, so will whizz up some smoothies and fruit salads. Very excited to find coconut yogurt yesterday too, not low fat, but brilliant for kormas etc.

Expected to get up to 28 today, phew, so plants all watered - and picked my first home grown tomato! It's small but it was a very exciting moment for me - life in the fat lane :D.

Have a good one, all x

I love homegrown tomatoes. About 4 years ago my gang pitched together to buy me a polytunnel for xmas/birthday present and tomatoes was the most important crop for me to grow.

Be careful with all the fruit after a tummy bug, it could easily lead to thrush/candida (words from my acupuncturist not me). I load up with acidopholus or other good gut bugs after a tummy upset.

Now, purely to save you from yourself...and not for selfish reasons....I suggest you pack up the walnut bread and post it to me.

Back