Susie's 2022 campaign

It's the big food drive we do through Tesco - http://fareshare.org.uk/get-involved/food-collection/

Raises tons of money and ambient food for us - last year, enough to make nearly 4m meals :).

Wowza..amazing amount of meals. We do a costco shop every month for a local food bank but I'll go to Tesco tomorrow (today) to put something in there too..it's a sad state of affairs that people are going hungry and cold in this day and age..I was about to go on a soap box rant there! It must be a good meaningful job that you have X

Wowza..amazing amount of meals. We do a costco shop every month for a local food bank but I'll go to Tesco tomorrow (today) to put something in there too..it's a sad state of affairs that people are going hungry and cold in this day and age..I was about to go on a soap box rant there! It must be a good meaningful job that you have X

Its more than sad . . . its a bloody national disgrace. My soap box rant over!

Thanks ladies! I rant about it all the time too, so the more the merrier :). We help to feed over 484,000 people a week, and could be doing loads more if we could get more food.

Phones are back on, it was some sort of outage last night, but I still got to work at 7.30am :eek:o_O.

It absolutely is Stackie....hey wait a minute.... Jobs! You! FareShare Manchester! Just a thought :). Let me know if you want me to sound the regional centre out for employment.

We'll happily take volunteers :D. We get lots of corporate vols actually - but the more the merrier - and yeah sorry about it being in the wilds of SE London, not much i can do about that. It suits me well because I live just round the corner :D.

Well what a good and yet frustrating day. I got home from work about 6, ripped off my bra, put slippers on, poured a glass of Abruzzo red, then realised the work phone for the big Christmas Food Collection hadn't been transferred to a colleague's mobile, went ripping back to work (minus bra and still in my slippers), spent 10 mins in the freezing cold persuading Maria the cleaner to let me in (the building gets locked at 6pm), got upstairs to fix the phone, only to find out that it's not working at all - don't know why, I tried everything. Has a dial tone but won't answer when I ring it. Oh well, as Scarlett says, tomorrow is another day. Working 8am to 9pm tomorrow, which will be fun, although the last three hours will be from home.

Oh man your evening last night sounded like a right old farce....and in this freezing weather too! Today sounds just as yucky - but like you said at least you will be home and warm in the evening.

I live in Essex, so SE London isn't that far as the crow flies, but trying to drive there in rush hour on a week day would be hell and for some reason my train path doesn't go ANYWHERE near that part of London.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-1_12-27-37.png
    upload_2017-12-1_12-27-37.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 8
@Stackhead we've got 21 regional centres. We're big, dude :).

@Charleybarley it's tough schlepping across London, don't worry hun. You can search by postcode on our website here http://fareshare.org.uk/fareshare-centres/ to find the closest one to you.

Well I have good news and better news. Forgot to say i did my WI this morning and I am officially down by 4lbs. No idea how, I scoffed an entire packet of chocolate doughnuts the other night. So Friday is my WI from now on. the other good news is that someone else is doing the late shift tonight so i get to finish at 6pm (apart from a bit of social media from home). Woohoo! :)

@Stackhead we've got 21 regional centres. We're big, dude :).

@Charleybarley it's tough schlepping across London, don't worry hun. You can search by postcode on our website here http://fareshare.org.uk/fareshare-centres/ to find the closest one to you.

Well I have good news and better news. Forgot to say i did my WI this morning and I am officially down by 4lbs. No idea how, I scoffed an entire packet of chocolate doughnuts the other night. So Friday is my WI from now on. the other good news is that someone else is doing the late shift tonight so i get to finish at 6pm (apart from a bit of social media from home). Woohoo! :)

Oh great idea, thanks I will find one closer to me.

Double win for today Susie, well done on the massive loss - I reckon it was all done last night chilling your Charlies off schlepping to work braless! Even better, you get to go home in the warm and watch a Christmas film with a hot chocolate, between us me and Stacks will turn you into a Christmas Fairy!

Oh great idea, thanks I will find one closer to me.

Just checked YOU are the closest one to me!! I will have to try and get to your Fare Share next year when the pro bono allowances come back into play!

Shauns working this weekend, I'm getting all the Christmas movies out as I plan to wrap up all my presents! (I'm all done - *smug*) sooooooo CHRISTMAS.

Yay for a decently timed finish at work!

And I'm done, signed off on social media for work now - don't want to look at Tweetbank again for a bit lol.

The Food Collection is going brilliantly though, so many generous people - an old guy walked into a store, bought about £20 worth of food and said if it wasn't for FareShare giving food to the charity he was going to for a hot meal, then he thinks he would have just died. Now he's back on his feet and has a job and a home. That's called making a difference. Fabulous :D :D

And I'm done, signed off on social media for work now - don't want to look at Tweetbank again for a bit lol.

The Food Collection is going brilliantly though, so many generous people - an old guy walked into a store, bought about £20 worth of food and said if it wasn't for FareShare giving food to the charity he was going to for a hot meal, then he thinks he would have just died. Now he's back on his feet and has a job and a home. That's called making a difference. Fabulous :D :D

Oh I find things like that so upsetting..what the hell has this country come to! I'm in tears :( Thank goodness for everyone involved in things like Fareshare, I so agree with you Buffy on it being a national disgrace..i'd better go before I high jack your diary Suzie as I'm in danger of going on a rant again X

Last edited:
Hi all

High jack away, it's awful that so many people are in poverty.

Worried sick here, Stella has been out for three hours and there's no sign of her anywhere. She never normally goes far and always pops back for food and cuddles. I've been up the road and back calling her, just hoping she's ok and not hurt somewhere, poor baby.

Later - she's back! Poor thing got stuck in the lobby of the block of flats opposite me (we're in a cul de sac). A neighbour opened the door and out she zoomed and straight home! So relieved, I'd been thinking the worst (as you do).

Last edited:
Even Orbit was looking round the flat for her and seemed very puzzled, but now she is back to hissing and chasing Stella who ducks for cover under the sofa - when I'm not cuddling and squeezing her until she protests loudly and goes into Deep Scratch mode lol - so we're back to being our usual dysfunctional selves :D.

Now all I need is for Amazon to arrive with some Christmas goodies. Decided on a tabletop tree with battery lights, and that'll be enough decoration for this year - sorry Charley :). I do like Christmas gift buying though, as it's done on the basis of "One for them, one for me" :D.

Oh my world..my heart was in my mouth when I read Stella was missing..so pleased she zoomed back home.
I am extremely Christmassy..love present shopping, though I tend to go to the shops with things I would like to receive and end up with things I want to keep:D Your tree will look nice with it's twinkly lights and at least the cats won't end up with curly hair if it's battery:D X

Thanks guys - the flood of relief that came over me when I saw her was wonderful - wish you could bottle it!

And love the hashtag :).

Had two out of the three deliveries so far - a bracelet for a friend and chewy stuff for her rabbits, shower scrub gloves for me, an IP glass lid for slow cooker mode - oh I also got a lovely cleansing cream - L'Oreal fine flowers, it has the most gorgeous scent - very light. Tesco has the face wash on sale for £2 so will get that too :).

Back