Susie's 2022 campaign

I'm thinking that at this time of year cold air sticks to you and makes the scales go in the wrong direction! Mine have gone up by 3lb but I know I haven't eaten enough calories to do that..I've hardly had any water though so plan on upping that.

Ginger thins..my passion:p well done for stopping at 5, I'd have ate the lot:D

I hate it when you stay in for a delivery that ends up a no show! X

I'm thinking that at this time of year cold air sticks to you and makes the scales go in the wrong direction!

Haha I love it, yes lets blame the weather :D. I'm pretty sure WI tomorrow will show a small loss but it would have been bigger if I didn't eat cr*p all weekend! Think I'll employ my usual diversionary tactic of moving WI to Friday morning instead :rolleyes:.

The deliveries all came, and I tried the magnesium oil last night and didn't get RLS once! Plus I really felt like I slept better - woke up twice for the loo - but that's normal (for me). I've been taking magnesium tablets for years but I read recently that not much actually gets into your system, whereas applying it topically is much more efficient (and less of the old laxative effect!). Let's hope I've found my 'miracle cure' :).

I do however have a stye in my eye which looks very attractive...

Supposedly rubbing a gold ring over a stye gets rid of it..my sister swears by this..either all my rings are fake or this is a swizzle of a fib:D
Good plan shifting WI day to later in the week,I'll copy that :) though the way I'm going I'll be into next month:D I've just woofed some mini gingerbread men:oops: I'm trying to rein myself in by only having soup for the rest of the day.
Have you been out and about today or relaxing? Also, how are the cats? X

No, been cleaning up a bit at home and then chillaxing with the furbs, even fell asleep on the sofa next to Orby for 30 minutes. They are both fine, go in and out for a bit during the day but now it's getting colder they tend to curl up inside most of the day - and who can blame them lol.

Feeling a teensy bit annoyed with myself, I'd promised to make a savoury bread pudding for the Monday lunch club at work. Went to get everything together for it now and...no eggs! Duh! Only the key ingredient...so I'll have to do it next week instead. We always have loads of bread left over at work, and it's a terrific way to use it up.

I did grab some gluten free pizza bases from work, so am doing one now with tomato chilli paste, roasted red peppers (love them!) and slices of cheese over the top. No grated cheese, ah well, necessity is the mother of invention :D :D. If it tastes ok I'll make another one for work.

ooo I love pizza, yours sounds devine. I'm still getting the instant fall asleep when I eat bread, crackers etc so I'll look out for those pizza bases tomorrow. I've tried making sweet potato bases and cauliflower bases but nothing is as nice as the real thing. X

Ah, I'm pleased to hear that Suzie ((X))

Morning groan....

Had a pants nights sleep, no idea why I tossed and turned so much...but am slugging back coffee and reading all about Meghan and Harry :) (first time I typed that I typed Hairy lol).

No time to get food organised, so it's an odd one today -

B - 1 piece of fish fillet, mayo, 2 hard boiled eggs and a few spinach leaves (425)
L - beef and veg stew and skinny rice (233)
D - no idea - but will come well under

Morning, how are you finding the skinny rice? I got rice and noodles and pasta. Now even though they are all made the same I found the pasta horrible, too thick for the chewy texture. I love the noodles, taste and feel just like rice noodles. I'm unsure about the rice as my brain is looking for real rice when I'm eating it and its not working for me

I really like all of their products, but I already know it's not going to taste like real rice or pasta - the sole benefit for me is that I know it will fill me up and stop me overeating (most of the time).

I think the pasta shapes are better in curries because they absorb a little of the curry flavour.

If you don't think you can get on with them, let me know and I'll buy them :).

Sneaks back in..... Hi Susie!
Just catching up on everyone's diary's and I wanted to firstly say, Welcome Home! I am so glad you came home, you seem lots happier. I am coming back to Minis and as the forum title goes "I mean it this time"!!! So I will re-ignite the old diary and start again...I just wanted to say hey, and glad that you are doing well.

xxx

Hey Charley welcome back!!! Looking forward to all your news :).

Well I have to report that everyone at work is lovely - except for one woman who is a right mare! She got in a right hump because the warehouse asked her to move her motorbike (she'd parked a volunteer in). Instead of being graceful about it, she gets all grumpy and shi**y and stomps off. When she comes back, she starts saying she's going to complain to the London warehouse boss, so I mentioned that I park a street away but there's a walkthrough so it's really close - and she goes off on me! Silly moo. I hope she does complain to the London boss, who is one of my mates - and she will give her short shrift! :p:p:p

I had every intention of being good and on plan today but it hasn't happened. Sandwiches everywhere!

B - Pret toasted sandwich - veggie
L - 1/2 can chipotle and bean soup with skinny noodles, Pret toasted sandwich (pork and apple sauce), two Tesco garlic balls, Muller yogurt
D - leftover soup - if I have room.

We also got delivery of hundreds of packets of cherry scones, dry pasta, and a ton of other stuff. Diet, what diet?

Hey Charley welcome back!!! Looking forward to all your news :).

Well I have to report that everyone at work is lovely - except for one woman who is a right mare! She got in a right hump because the warehouse asked her to move her motorbike (she'd parked a volunteer in). Instead of being graceful about it, she gets all grumpy and shi**y and stomps off. When she comes back, she starts saying she's going to complain to the London warehouse boss, so I mentioned that I park a street away but there's a walkthrough so it's really close - and she goes off on me! Silly moo. I hope she does complain to the London boss, who is one of my mates - and she will give her short shrift! :p:p:p

I had every intention of being good and on plan today but it hasn't happened. Sandwiches everywhere!

B - Pret toasted sandwich - veggie
L - 1/2 can chipotle and bean soup with skinny noodles, Pret toasted sandwich (pork and apple sauce), two Tesco garlic balls, Muller yogurt
D - leftover soup - if I have room.

We also got delivery of hundreds of packets of cherry scones, dry pasta, and a ton of other stuff. Diet, what diet?

Thanks Susie. Your woman sounds like a right a-hole. I hope she does complain. I love sandwiches, I think bread (buttered and white) with filling is the best thing in the world, and MUST be accompanied by crisps. Anyone wonder why I am big? Nope, me either!

I thought your work was based in London?

x

Yes it is based in London - but i drive because my knees are too sore to carry me very far these days :(.

Where in London?? I work in London!

Deptford - and you?

Well I'm finally home after showing a journo round the warehouse and taking them to meet some charity members - all went well but I'm knackered!

Lots of ready meals on offer tonight so I'm having chicken and bacon pasta. Not great plan wise but it tastes nice :).

Deptford - and you?

Well I'm finally home after showing a journo round the warehouse and taking them to meet some charity members - all went well but I'm knackered!

Lots of ready meals on offer tonight so I'm having chicken and bacon pasta. Not great plan wise but it tastes nice :).

I am in Liverpool st, i would have said about meeting up for lunch but Deptford is far! Oh hang on, did you say you work for Fare Share? Our company allows us to have a pro bono day once a year and we use Benefacto - I am sure there was an option for a food charity in Deptford - I almost went for it but it isn’t very easy to get to by train, so I did something else in Old St.

We'll happily take volunteers :D. We get lots of corporate vols actually - but the more the merrier - and yeah sorry about it being in the wilds of SE London, not much i can do about that. It suits me well because I live just round the corner :D.

Well what a good and yet frustrating day. I got home from work about 6, ripped off my bra, put slippers on, poured a glass of Abruzzo red, then realised the work phone for the big Christmas Food Collection hadn't been transferred to a colleague's mobile, went ripping back to work (minus bra and still in my slippers), spent 10 mins in the freezing cold persuading Maria the cleaner to let me in (the building gets locked at 6pm), got upstairs to fix the phone, only to find out that it's not working at all - don't know why, I tried everything. Has a dial tone but won't answer when I ring it. Oh well, as Scarlett says, tomorrow is another day. Working 8am to 9pm tomorrow, which will be fun, although the last three hours will be from home.

Ooo long shift tomorrow..is that the Christmas build up? I think all women must be the same..off with the bra when you step through the door:D X

Back