Susie's 2022 campaign

Asda let me down bigtime on last night's home delivery - no chicken and lots of other stuff missing, all the cans were dented, the red cabbage was the size of a large tomato - and the delivery guy was an a*&@wipe. Ocado here I come, it might cost more but they are so much better!

So no chicken for dinner, so I had eggs on toast.

Today -
B - spinach and basil omelette
L - Super speed salad - spinach, lettuce, beetroot, squash, tomatoes, cucumber with bulgar wheat and feta - then an apple
D - Got friends coming for dinner and they already know they are having an SW meal - hummus and crudites, then pork supreme with bacon, onion and mushrooms in a FF creme fraiche and mustard sauce, then Go Ahead chocolate dipped pretzels. they're bringing their own wine and anything left goes home with them or down the sink o_Oo_Oo_O

Have a good one, all x

Have you tried Sainsbury's for deliveries? I used them for 7 years now and not had any major issues at all. They do sometimes substitute things but most of the time they have everything I ordered and the deliver guys are all very pleasant. Xx

Thanks for the recommendation Tessa, I'll definitely look into it.

Well dinner was very nice, even though I forgot to add the bacon. I also got my West Coast meat delivery - 5kg of chicken all now safely packaged into 4-5 breast packs and in the freezer - plus lots of packs of yummy looking sossies etc - and all syn free woohoo!

Speaking of freezers - I have a Beko American style fridge freezer and one of the bottom freezer drawers has ice all over the bottom, so I can't use it - any ideas for how I defrost just that drawer without switching the whole thing off?

Happy, happy, happy - 3.5lbs off and my 1 1/2 stone award :D. I am chuffed to bits, honestly thought I was headed for a gain - but happily not :D. I seem to be settling in to a nice routine now, with a bit pf pasta soon after WI day, then a few days of SP.

But not tonight - oh no, I'm now indulging in buttery crumpets as my post WI treat - probably counter productive but what the heck :classic_roll_eyes:.
Congratulations on your stone and half award Susie :0clapper:

Chip it off and blow it with a hairdryer.

Congratulations on your stone and half award Susie :0clapper:

Thanks Mini! xx

Chip it off and blow it with a hairdryer.

Don't have a hairdryer, might see if i can find a cheap one somewhere online - thanks Tipp.

Got the first of my long weekend breaks (have to use up 8 days leave by the end of March!) so had a lovely sleep in this morning, a fab natter with a friend, and now I'm waiting for a pretty chest of drawers to be delivered, bought on eBay for £33, bargain! Got a few bits to put on eBay too, and am buying a small divan bed - and that's the spare room all sorted for a friend who is coming to stay at the end of the month.

Food today -

B - bacon and eggs
L - SW bean soup
D - might try the meatloaf with boiled eggs in it - and steamed greens

Have a lovely day, all x

Later - change of plan on the menu front, I got a burst of energy from goodness knows where and cleaned up the spare room in time for the chest of drawers (which is just what I wanted), and then cleaned out the hall cupboard and a load of other stuff. So, feeling very pleased with myself, I sat down to buy a bed and other bits and bobs online and also sneaked in a bottle of perfume...oops, oh well I did just get paid AND I was thinking about a little treat for getting the half stone award.

So food today was -

L - beef olives and steamed greens with a fromage frais and mustard sauce - nice but too much mustard, my eyes were watering! :D
D - SW Tuscan bean soup with more steamed greens and four spicy pork balls (2) - really nice

Followed by syn free h/m raspberry and coconut frozen yogurt - YUM! I adore icecream, could eat it all day all year round, but I refuse to pay £5 for a pot of Halo or Oppo, so I;m experimenting with frozen yogurt and it's going well, Next one will be a tropical mango/banana type one; and I've discovered that Sainsburys (thank you @Tessa2000!) does the whole range of Sweet Freedom, including the banana one - so will also try banana yogurt next week :).

Morning all

Nice spring day here. A sneaky WI and things seem to be heading in the right direction. I'm probably going to a morning WI on Monday, as I've got the day off - and you weigh less in the morning :D.

Not much going on today - waiting for a Freecycler to pick up cat food that Orbit won't touch, and then a Holland and Barrett delivery. They do Ecodenta, a nasties-free toothpaste. Also going to try bee propolis to help my immune system - got an infection brewing under a back tooth, and it might help with that too, on top of big doses of turmeric and oregano oil, as I'm trying to avoid antibiotics.

Menu today -

B - egg and bacon
L - warm beef sausage salad (syn free - West Coast sausages, expensive but very nice)
D - mince meatloaf
S - hummus and carrot batons; maybe some chocolate banana frozen yogurt

Morning all

Nice spring day here. A sneaky WI and things seem to be heading in the right direction. I'm probably going to a morning WI on Monday, as I've got the day off - and you weigh less in the morning :D.

Not much going on today - waiting for a Freecycler to pick up cat food that Orbit won't touch, and then a Holland and Barrett delivery. They do Ecodenta, a nasties-free toothpaste. Also going to try bee propolis to help my immune system - got an infection brewing under a back tooth, and it might help with that too, on top of big doses of turmeric and oregano oil, as I'm trying to avoid antibiotics.

Menu today -

B - egg and bacon
L - warm beef sausage salad (syn free - West Coast sausages, expensive but very nice)
D - mince meatloaf
S - hummus and carrot batons; maybe some chocolate banana frozen yogurt

If you have an infection under a tooth, go to your Dentist. You may well need treatment instead of antibiotics and you don’t want the pain flaring up as it’s awful!

Thanks sweetie :). Really enjoying the whole protein/veg thing at the moment - and seem to be craving bread a little less (please, please, please may I never crave bread again).

Been a lot busier than i thought - someone on Freecycle put up a foot spa. I've always wanted one so emailed straight back, she gave it to me on the proviso I pick it up straight away, so I hopped in the car and drove about 4 miles to get it. It's in brand new condition so I can't wait to try it. Also took the car to Halfords - what brilliant service! The woman mechanic fixed a problem that has caused my brake light to only work some of the time, and charged me nothing for it. Fabulous!

I've to.take my bike to Halfords for a service after been away for the winter, i must make an appointment for next week.

Change of plan for dinner - and I'm so pleased I did! Made the Pinch of Nom chilli cheesy nachos with sweet potato chips and oh my it was lovely! And very filling, plus there's loads left over to freeze for next week.

I even got over my scaredy cat-ness and used the pressure cooker bit on the Instant Pot, and it was a doddle. Did the chips in the Halo so it was go on the gadget front :D.

Dinner.jpg

Morning all - a lovely guilt free sleep in, and woke to a lovely morning, the sun is shinning warmly and blue skies, my favourite sort of Spring day!

Not much on, a bit of house cleaning, and some batch cooking.

B - eggs with West Coast sossies and a burger
L - Soup left over from the nachos, plus lots of spinach
D - chicken and green veg - not sure how I'll do the chicken yet.

Have a fab day x

Thanks Chezzie! I must say, I am really enjoying SW. I had a cook up last night and made tomato and mozzarella Hasselback chicken (nice, but not sure about the balsamic glaze and paprika the recipe said to put on the top), and then chicken Kiev, which was lovely.

Up at sparrows this morning to let in the guy delivering the spare room bed. I was chirpy - he was not. Very grumpy pants character :).

Hopefully will get to the 9.30am weigh in this morning; then zooming home to a) eat and b) wait for a Holland and Barrett delivery. I'm changing all my skin care products to non SLS or paraben ones, and got nice toothpaste and shampoo stuff ordered.

Menu

B - bacon and eggs and leftover sweet potato chips
L - beef and tomato soup
D - either Kiev or chilli nachos, with spinach

Speak later, have a good one x

Thanks Tipp - another 1.5lbs off, so that's a total of 1 st 9lbs - creeping closer to my summer goal :).

I'm really happy with it, considering I accidentally ate my own bodyweight in biscuits yesterday. Brought them home from work, which i shouldn't have done - but who can resist artisan lemon shortbread?! :classic_oops::classic_roll_eyes:

Back