Susie's 2022 campaign

What's in the SW hummous? I juts use chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and as little oil as I can, if I can make a healthier version it would be great.

Mozart in the Jungle on Prime is funny and very lighthearted but can be a bit American.
Both Prime and Netflix have very good documentaries and one I watched on Netflix was Icarus, it is excellent and even scary. I don't want to give too much away but it starts as an investigation into doping in cycling but then becomes so much more and currently very topical...well worth a watch and I found I couldn't leave the screen. Designated Survivor on Netflix is addictive to, a cross between The West Wing and 24.

My main shop is either LIDL or ALDI. LIDL to stock up freezer, store cupboard and bread, ALDI for slightly nicer things, cereal bars, non staples from freezer. I only ever go to Tesco for very specific things like Buckwheat flour or vegan foods. ALDI has a range of SW type meals, I have two sweet potato curries in freezer,

I haven't seen kalette, I must look for it, I love sprouting broccoli and its just in season now.
Enjoy your lunch.

Morning! Hope the snow's not bad where you all are.

Tipp - instead of oil I add a bit of yogurt - it's a bit claggy but does the trick.

And thanks for the TV recommendations, I'll check them out.

So brassed off with myself today. My friend who was coming for lunch cancelled, so I slept in and missed a Royal Mail redelivery of three parcels by FOUR minutes! And now I can't get them again until next week. I know I'm being silly, it's not the end of the world, but I'm still annoyed with myself. Getting parcels here is a mini drama - my neighbour is on holiday so i can't ask her to buzz them in, they won't redeliver to work and the post office is miles from any parking. Oh well, it will just have to be next Saturday instead!

What I do really need to do though is get to a Specsavers, i can barely see what I'm typing! I've known for a while that my eye muscles weren't working as well as they could and the time between getting up in the morning and when my eyes focus properly is getting bigger - sigh, another nail in the coffin! :D :D.

Food today -

B - omelette with spinach and basil
L - leftover campfire stew with kalettes
D - green soup - cabbage, salad leaves, peas, celery and whatever else is in the fridge

Keep warm everyone xx

Hey Susie,

I'm checking in after being away for February, and I am so happy to see your losses. You are doing so amazing well!!!!! You'll be buying new clothes before you know it.

Sending you a big congratulatory hug x x

Awww thanks Buffy, that's lovely of you to say :).

I am enjoying it - on the whole. Today is a light soup and lots of water day because it's WI in 2.5 hours time :D:D.

The plan generally is that Monday night is treat night tonight so any food that I sneak home gets eaten (or tossed, I'm battling my 'can't throw out good food' thing). So tonight I've got three mini pork pies and some crumpets - and I might even have some cheese.

TBH it's a good thing I've sworn off food until later, heard earlier that a close expat friend passed away this morning, and if I was at home I'd head straight into a food pity party with myself. The news was expected at some point (she was in a coma after a brain aneurysm 10 months ago), but it has still kicked me hard. Feeling a bit glum right now :(.

Last edited:
Oh no Susie, is that the friend you told us about while you where still in Italy. Thats so sad, I am.sorry to hear that.

Fingers crossed for weigh in

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Susie. I remember when it happened, and even though it was expected it's still very sad, I can understand it hitting you hard. xx

I hope weigh in goes well tonight! Enjoy your treat! Sounds lovely!

Thanks guys, appreciate that. Feel a bit better having talked to some of her friends, one of whom is going to represent me at the service. She was a lovely lady, albeit a real straight shooter, and she'd have hated lingering on for ever. So it's for the best - even though i feel awful saying that!

Just back in after WI - 3lbs off and slimmer of the week - so I'm very happy with that :).

Naughty treats tonight, then back on strict plan tomorrow, I'm 2lbs off the next half stone!

Great news about the weigh in Susie.
Take care of yourself today and thinking of you.

Oh and have fun with the Ipad, I thought it was here I was asking you about it and not on Tibbs page.

Oh and have fun with the Ipad, I thought it was here I was asking you about it and not on Tibbs page.

LOL it's hard to keep up with us - we gab on about gadgets all the time :). I did have fun with it last night, sat up way too late!

But then I had a simply lovely dream (or a visit? depending on your views) about/from my friend, who was standing in front of her house, with her arms around a man (who I've never met but 'knew' was her dead husband). She looked so happy and young, and I woke up with a smile on my face. So I don't feel like grieving, I feel happy that she has been released from the coma she has been in all these months xxx

That's such a lovely story about your friend, I had a "similar visit" the night my grandfather died before I knew he had passed. He was sitting in his chair and at the end of the room talking and catching up were all his previous relations waiting on him except my grandmother. He couldn't see them. In walked my grandmother who stopped to talk to them all and they all stood up. My grandmother walked over to my grandfather and then he could see her, she said "come on, it's time to go now" and be stood up. Then he seen everyone else and it was like a party as they left. He died at the exact time I had the dream. Life...and death are strange things.

Morning all

Been a bit off the wagon on food yesterday and this morning, but brought chicken salad in so will re-group at lunchtime. I WANT that half stone award next Monday :).

But I did have to hang round the kitchen in order to have my weekly mild flirtation with one of the volunteers, who is lovely - I don't think I'm imagining it but think there is a spark there :D. So we had a nice chat before he had to get going, so that's my excitement for the week :).

B - toasted chicken sandwiches - 3 halves - syns goodness only knows
L - chicken salad with red pepper and chilli dressing - 2 tblsp - 1
D - l/o meat loaf and loads of steamed spinach

Ooooo steamy work.romance, do tell us more?

Nothing steamy to report :). He took a year off to volunteer, and we have a good chat and a laugh before he starts his shift. Nice looking, about my age, well read and has interesting things to say. Of course I could well be misreading any signals, it's something I excel at :D.

But we shall see. He's only in once a week, so don't see him more than that.

Chicken for dinner instead, there were mini chicken fillets in the work fridge - will use up the meatloaf for lunch tomorrow :).

Morning all

Running a bit late today so had to have a sandwich for breakfast, not ideal. Busy today pitching a story to the Guardian, so can't spend long.

B - coronation chicken sandwich - a million syns
L - leftovers from last night plus salad leaves
D - omelette, i think.

Sx

Last edited:
Back