Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow, well done.
Even a nearly Slimmer of the Year is pretty amazing!

I wish I could say the bake looks good. But for me, eggs are the Devil's food. Can't stand them.
I wish I could, because they make apparently great free food. But... Yuk!

Oh dear sorry Sarah! I love 'em, but appreciate many people don't.

Hopefully the following is better for you? I'm hopeless at buying recipe books and then never opening them. Last week I got the Take 5 book and also the Veggies Deluxe one, and I've done a menu plan for the week - just mains, as there will be leftovers and they can be for lunch the next day -

M - pork and apple burgers with SW potato Dauphinoise, spinach and peas
T - Beef and aubergine bake
W - Hot chilli sausage salad
Th - Shanghai chicken
F - Cheesy chicken risotto
S - South Western salad
S - leftovers/stir fries

Sounds yummy eh? It also means I can cut down on my grocery spending - I've got so much food in my freezer and fridge right now, I can make most of this lot without buying anything!

That lot all looks great. I wish I was better at planning!

Yes me too but I decided I really needed to knuckle down and do it, so I have syn free/low syn meals all ready, otherwise I'll grab bad stuff from work, and we all know that ends in tears :classic_oops::classic_err_what:.

Had a nice sleep in, for once the cats weren't jumping all over me in the early hours :). It''s getting ready to pour here, so a lazy day indoors, waiting for an Am Pantry order, and then Mr S'burys later.

B - eggy bake and coffee
L - courgetti and butternut squash noodles with sugar snaps in tom sauce and a little chilli
D - bacon stir fry

Enjoy your day x

Morning all

Had a 100% on plan day all weekend, although i ate a bit much last night, so hopefully there will be a loss tonight :classic_roll_eyes:.

B - toast and marge, not great but couldn't face veg for brekkie
L - squash noodles and courgetti in toms sauce leftovers
D - slight change from planned menu - cajun pork and pasta bake

Busy today, so will catch up later. Have a good one x

Wow ladyfelsham - well done on coming second in the vote for slimmer of the year, that is a great achievement! Eggy bake looks really good, I might make something similar today - so handy to take to work. Your meal plan looks good, best of luck for WI tonight :classic_big_grin:

Well girls, another week, another maintain - but of course I was lucky not to gain, and I have no one to blame but my own good self.

So it's back to basics this week - another read of the book, syn free meals (so the menu planning will have to wait), keeping syns to 15 max - and I will get that bloody 4.5 stone!

That said, I couldn't do any of this without you all keeping me sane xxxx

I've never kept anyone sane in my life.
But if there's any insanity needed, I'm here!

LOL thanks gals :)

Good day so far -

B - h/m HEB toastie with Nimble, bacon and HEA cheese
L - stir fry with 1/2 a Tesco flatbread - 15 syns ouch! Plus a nectarine
D - cajun pork mince with SW chips and broccoli
Syns - spent already! Will snack later on carrot sticks, fruit and yogurt.

Have a good one!

Thanks! I couldn't be bothered to do the chips - they always seem like a good idea when I'm at work, then by the time I get home, feed the cats, and do other bits and pieces, i can't face getting the spuds ready - which is of course incredibly lazy of me. All it means is pulling out the Halo, chopping spuds into chips and chucking them in...

...maybe tomorrow :classic_roll_eyes:

But as it was, I had tenderstem broccoli and green beans and it was yummy.

I know what you mean. My airfryer is just in the bottom of a cupboard, but it's rare that I can be bothered to get it out!
Yet when I do do the chips, I love them.

But if you were happy without them, it was a good healthy, low carb meal!

Yes it was a much healthier option :).

Morning all - a busy day at the salt mines today, lots of retailer visits and at some point over lunch I have to be in two places at the same time, thanks to some un-clever scheduling by a colleague...

B - h/m ham and cheese toastie (HEB, half HEA), coffee
L - a big mash up of leftover veg stir fry, veg spirali and other stuff - doing lunch club with a veggie colleague and he's bringing food in too, but I've given him the SW rules to abide by :) - plus a nectarine and apple
D - leftover cajun pork mince and broccoli

So will be well over my 7 speed a day :)

Evening all - Day 2 100% on plan, and only 1 syn used :).

I've got a lunch buddy, mentioned above (tall, very slim, veggie) and we're doing another cook up tomorrow after a successful demolition of veggie stir fry with bean sprouts today. He also had scrambled eggs, pitta bread, more bread and some muffins. I did not :D. (goes off to polish halo).

So I've just made a huge omelette to take with me tomorrow, with basil, spinach, red peppers and cheese (my HEA), and he's going to make something that's SW friendly too.

I've also told everyone not to allow me to get away with anything bad - nothing, nada, niente! :).

And have just finished a nice dinner - lamb steak with spinach, sugar snaps and cherry toms. I feel pleasantly full but not stuffed, so there will be room later for rye cakes with Sweet Freedom on them.

Sounds like you had a good day, and your lunch club sounds good too...something to keep.you on track rather than just go for the work fridge.
Has the work offer been firmed up yet and when does the new contract start.

Yes thanks Tipp, I agreed the terms last Friday. It has started now - well TBH I'm already doing part of it already, but the other woman comes back 17 September - so I can hand over the general press stuff to her, and I will focus on Tesco comms (the annual food drive, and a couple of big projects), plus comms for FareShare go, which is us marrying up charities with local stores (Tesco, Waitrose, Asda, etc) to reduce their in store surplus.

B - omelette with red peppers/spinach/cheese/dried basil - very yummy (HEA) and coffee
L - stir fry and bean sprouts and l/o cajun pork mince, apple
D - chicken curry with cauli rice and spinach
S - rye cakes with cheese and/or Sweet Freedom

Hey ladyfelsham, sounds like your week is off to a great start. Love the idea of the cook up with your colleague. Food looks really nice.

Back