Susie's 2022 campaign

I've been thinking about your thinkings.

One thunk is about distance. I know you said you never do actually go into London.
But are there any things / people that you would mind being quite so far away from?
If all your life is where you live now, is there anything you'd seriously miss if you were hundreds of miles away?

And the other thunk is about buying somewhere like that particular house, just because that's what you can afford.
I'm sure it's nicer than it looks in the pictures. And in a lovely place. But if you wouldn't be moving up there until after you'd sold in London, would you still be happy to be living in that house? (i.e once you had some more capital to play with).
Would the rental income more than cover the mortgage, or would it be pretty much even? In which case, does it actually make sense to buy now at all?

Just adding some more (probably unhelpful) thoughts into the mix!
Sorry!

Lots to think about with the move situation, I know what you mean about never actually going into London though. Food looks really nice, best of luck for WI!

Thanks Sarah, food for thought!

Well team.....woohoo I lost 4.5lbs and got my 4.5 stone award :wee:. I knew I'd been (almost) completely in focus, and had such lovely meals too, so I am well happy :).

Treat night tonight, then back to planned meals tomorrow.

Absolutely amazing! And totally deserved after all that home cooked food. Well done :classic_big_grin:

That's amazing, a HUGE achievement well.done.

That's amazing, a HUGE achievement well.done.

Thanks Team Fab!

Am feeling very UP today as a result, and things miraculously seem looser (although I'm sure it's my imagination lol). Also sorted out the "where do I live?" question mark in my head, partly due to your questions Sarah, thank you - am going to pay off my existing mortgage early and then plan to leave work in five years, sell my flat and decide then. No point in buying a house in an area if I don't like it when I go to move there!

Back to 100% focus - I have got that 5 stone star in my sights!

B - omelette - toms, spinach, bacon - coffee
L - spicy meatballs, spinach, peas, cabbage and green leafy salad
D - cheesy chicken risotto
Syns - pegged back to 10-15 a day, but my new guilty pleasure is rye cakes with loads of Marmite and cheddar cheese slices mmm - HEA/HEB - so syns might be extra Parmesan on the risotto, and a couple of Hifis

Have a great day!

What are these rye cakes, please?
Also what is Sweet Freedom?

These sound like treats that I can deal with!

The rye cakes are Ryvita rye cakes, in a green or a blue packet - they are quite thin and you can have six for your HEB.

Sweet Freedom is a chocolate syrup which is LUSH and 1 tsp is 1/2 a syn, so I stir some into yogurt sometimes and freeze it a bit for choc ice cream, or swirled on some rye cakes. You can also get chocolate coconut or chocolate orange.

Reporting back after lunch to say that my spicy pork meatballs were also LUSH :D. Defo making them again.

I've also decided to invest in an upright freezer, to cope with the (good) food I bring home from work (3 packets of pork loins last night) and all the batch cooking I'm doing. Just need to work out where to put it!

Could I get the spicy pork meatballs recipe please? I've tried making beef meatballs a few times but always turn out really dry. Maybe pork is the way to go. Glad to hear you have a made a decision about where to live, that takes the pressure off a bit. Ooo a big new freezer, think how much batch cooking you can do now :classic_big_grin:

Clareel it was this one - https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/spicy-meatballs.aspx

Once I'd fashioned them into balls, I popped them in the oven for 20 minutes so they kept their shape.

Well, not been 100% today, thanks to no sleep and my old carb craving monster coming to visit!

B - omelette with spinach, toms, bacon
L - ham and cheese sandwich (HEA/HEB) PLUS my actual lunch, chicken risotto
D - chocolate. I know, my bad, but it has been a manic day organising 13 radio interviews for the boss in the morning - feeble excuse but there you go...
So I can explain away lunch, and will just have to skip syns for a few days.

Not sure I can get the fridge, no room, so will just have to be smarter about how I use my existing freezer space :classic_roll_eyes:.

Brilliant they look quick and easy, will give a try with some courgetti- thanks! Sleep deprivation is a killer, hope you are more rested now and today has been easier :)

Thanks Sarah, food for thought!

Well team.....woohoo I lost 4.5lbs and got my 4.5 stone award :wee:. I knew I'd been (almost) completely in focus, and had such lovely meals too, so I am well happy :).

Treat night tonight, then back to planned meals tomorrow.
Yay😺Well done Suzie superstar⭐✨

Hope you have a lovely weekend ladyfelsham :classic_smile:

Morning lovelies

Been a mad busy couple of days at work, organising lots of radio about our holiday hunger programmes - really pleased, we got 18 interviews, and getting lots of print coverage too. Will seem strange not doing lots of press work in the new role - but it will be a lot of fun, regardless, and no on call over Christmas woohoo!

Been absolutely shocking on food though - the old combo of tiredness and lots of REALLY bad food coming into the warehouse - chocolate, cake, toasties. Weighed this morning and it was so bad I don't think I'll go to group on Monday, I just couldn't bear recording a gain - even though I know I can get it off again, psychologically I'm not up for it at the moment.

But am trying to improve things - I'm using different drowsy hayfever tablets to help me sleep better; and I've ordered a counter top freezer so I can do more batch cooking and hopefully not be tempted by the stuff at work. And more water! I really need to drink more water, and green tea.

Got Tuesday off so have a lovely extra long weekend - weather looks good today so hoping to sand down a pine washstand today :).

B - eggy bake with veg
L - pork loin and cabbage
D - chicken and prob more cabbage.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ah it must be so difficult working around all that food, so much temptation. Get drinking that green tea and water again, whatever you have gained will soon be off - it might not be as bad by Monday anyway.

Morning Suzie, good plan buying the new freezer. Tiredness just seems to chase willpower out of the window doesn't it. Recharge your batteries and you'll be fine again in the blink of an eye. Enjoy your long weekend X

Back