Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow, another plan.

I know, right, what am I like?! :classic_roll_eyes: But I guess the positive is that I'm always willing to try new options...:)

remember you will have normal hunger and stomach capacity now but post op you might want to eat but wont be able.

Yes, I agree. I do swear by the shiritake though, they really do fill me up and I noticed I wasn't snacking after dinner on them. Hopefully this way will shrink my tummy naturally...

Last edited:
Just saw this on the FB WLS page - makes perfect sense to me -

1578233000514.png

Good idea on changing the thread name too Tipp, I've followed suit :).

Will WI tomorrow morning, and have got chicken, leek and green beans in the slow cooker for dinner tonight - should be about 350 cals per portion. Back to logging food (sigh - but it has to be done).

Thank you kindly, pretty much like yours which i thought was perfect :).

Ok, food for the next couple of days logged -

B - baked beans, potatoes, spinach, plus coffee with skim milk powder - 294
L - stewed steak, curry powder, cauli rice, bistro salad - 364
D - chicken and bean casserole (a lot less once I plugged it into MFP) - 227

Total - 867. Set my goal at 1000, so leaves space for 2 rye cakes with choc shot on them, total 969.

A-n-d we're back to counting cals but with a keto take - which might well be the plan after the week of VLCD - and much cheaper!

Morning all

Back at work and less than a hundred emails to plough through lol, still could have been worse!

Slight change in order of food today, luckily I remembered that beans make me farph (sorry if TMI) so best ot have them at lunch so I'm not polluting the office lol. Because you needed to know that :D :D.

B - stewed steak, Skinny sweet chilli sauce, cauli rice, bistro salad, plus coffee with skim milk powder - a bit odd for brekkie but it'll fill a gap
L - baked beans, potatoes, spinach
D - chicken and bean casserole, and going to add more veg because it's a very small serving!

Must get some more Skiny sauces, I don't know how they say they are zero cals, well, about 4cals per 100g. Made of air :D.

Have a good one, my friends x

Youve got this Susie.

I think we should all get cheerleader ojtfits and become the minimins cheerleading squad

🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️

That quote is very true - the surgery is in no way an easy way of losing weight and still requires work but i know people can be snobby about it. (Sometimes there is no winning is there). But you are doing very well with the new plan and getting a lot of variety in that low cal (VLCD is the one i've never really tried - not enough will power)

Your sounding very happy and positive this morning. I just love reading your posts and your change of mind, but hay us girls are seriously good at that its part of our body’s make up lol...

Thanks love, yes, feeling much more upbeat. Didn't mean to worry people with my earlier post but just felt like I needed to get it down somewhere about how I was feeling. All good now!

Youve got this Susie. I think we should all get cheerleader ojtfits and become the minimins cheerleading squad 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️

OMG could you imagine! Oh and sorry, think I just posted some of my stuff in your diary...

VLCD is the one i've never really tried - not enough will power

I don't think I could do it for long without the filler upper things hun - and it's not a true VLCD anyway, more like 1100 cals a day, or a bit less. But its only halfway through Day 1 LOL, we shall see how the week unfolds. At least everyone at work is on one diet or another, which removes a lot of temptation. I've had all my vits (about 20 of them lol) and will start on ACV and lemon juice in my water - onto the 2nd litre.

Soooo hold onto your hats, we're on to Plan D. I remembered last night that I had a discount code for meal replacement products from New You, so i had a good rummage round their website and testimonials, etc, and I've ordered a week's worth of shakes, soups and meals. I've also ordered shiritake penne and Slimfast glucomannan, and am going to stick to it for a week, adding low cal veg to the meals. Everything arrives by Thursday, so Friday is start date...

Excellent news. New You have a good range, and it's all a tad more pleasant than the olden days. This past couple of days I have been padding out my evening 'dinner' meal with some additional veg, which is a strategy which is working out particularly well (make sure it's non-starchy). I've now puddled through the first few grim days (Yep, cold, hungry, could chew furniture, but I jumped in straight after Christmas) however find enough to distract yourself with and try and remember, over and over again, that 'this is temporary, not the end of the world, is a phase you have to pass through, but is well worth it'.

We're behind you :)

Great advice thanks Bagpuss!

Laughed at the chewing furniture comment - I did watch with lust in my eyes as a work friend slowly lifted a brownie to her mouth this afternoon but stopped myself from snatching it out of her hand :).

Just taken another big step (for me) and booked a counselling session to see if I can learn ways to deal with overeating. Turns out there's a service in the building next to mine - first one is free, then £40 after that.

Anyone else done anything like this?

I hear you on the brownie. I sat in the staffroom at lunchtime, and there was leftover Christmas stuff. But hey, I've spent money on this spacefood, it'd be a shame to waste it *sigh...*

Just taken another big step (for me) and booked a counselling session to see if I can learn ways to deal with overeating. Turns out there's a service in the building next to mine - first one is free, then £40 after that.

Oooh! Well done. I haven't, but I probably should one day. That's a fantastic step.

Not done it but something I’m very interested to do! When is your first session? X

Sarah, next Monday 5pm - so I'll report back.

I also just had the most amazing chat with a lovely woman who had the sleeve op done in Turkey, the same hospital I've been chatting to. She has lost 4 stone since October!!!! And can't recommend the procedure enough, she says it has chanfged her life completely. She was worried about overeating too and the consequences (vom, the runs, horrible cramping, etc) but says she hasn't once done it, she's just so full after a tiny amount of food.

Need to research this sleeve thing.

Lots of positivity Susie. Great news aboit tbe counselling session too, i hope it helps.

Thanks Tipp I’m glad I’ve taken the step too, this is going to be an all out assault on weight! 😀. 2pb down overnight.

Slight blow yesterday, the builder who was going to do the extension has pulled out, so I’m going to just have the basics done and move in anyway. There are other builders of course, butit does leave money free in case I definitely decide on WLS at some point this year.

Back