Susie's 2022 campaign

Afternoon all - had a fab sleep in this morning, oh I love holidays :D.

Had a nice work lunch out at a local Italian restaurant yesterday, didn't make great choices - very carb heavy - but it's indulgence all the way until Jan now lol. Well, not quite - but I did realise with just a slight concern that there is absolutely no green veg in my fridge. Oops.

Well done on the probation and the payrise. I had my 6 month probation too but its a years probation so still have the tough 9 month to pass.
Fridge sounds great, maybe just a small bag of baby spinach to balance things

Oh yes good idea Tipp, that'll keep my SW inner voice from screaming too much LOL.

Another sleep in after a very broken night's sleep following up with Oz friends to make sure everyone's ok - these fires are just horrendous and so frightening! Still not heard from some people but I'm sure they're fine, bad news has a way of finding you, eh?

Made a pact with myself to do one housekeeping thing a day, so today is laundry day - three loads on the radiators while it's fine (blue sky, no rain woohoo) and the air inside doesn't condense too much. Must get some dehumidifier crystal things.

So much for best laid plans - wanted to go to the library yesterday and return overdue books, mucked about, didn't, went to go there today - a-n-d it's closed. Oops.

Othewrwise, been a very quiet day - but sitting up tonight to put in Christmas morning calls to family/friends in NZ and Oz :).

Merrh Christmas everyone, have a lovely day tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning all - prepare for a big self pity party, because here it comes....

I've had an utterly miserable Christmas holiday so far, and it's my own fault. I used to love having time on my own at home but this year it has been much more a feeling of loneliness, rather than alone-ness. It's almost been agoraphobic, I either don't want to go out or don't have the energy, or feel embarrassed about my size and lack of fitness.

I've not spoken to another person for four days, I've been eating my head off, I feel like sh*t, I've gained all the weight I lost (almost, four pounds under my heaviest), my knees are absolutely killing me with just one step, I get out of breath just lifting up a pillow - and I'VE HAD ENOUGH! For some reason today I've woken up and realised I need to act now before I eat my way to an early grave. I'm also going to check out counselling for overeating, something I never considered before, but I was bingeing on left over apple tart last night, stuffing it in until I was nearly choking - and crying at the same time, thinking "I don't want to go like Elvis!". This is not a healthy attitude towards food!

There's not too much rubbish food left in the fridge and I'm going to throw out what's left (I know, not like me at all!). Mr Asda is coming today, which was full of more bad stuff but I managed to get rid of most of it last night, could tell I needed to change. I'm going to start SW tomorrow from home until I can get to the group on the 8th, and will spend the next few days batch cooking. I was going to go to a boozy club lunch with the neighbours on NYDay but am going to cancel that, as I've already started my no alcohol thing. Habit of old would say to drink wine, and lots of it, on NYE - but I'm telling myself that no wine is the way forward, to a healthier me.

So here's my action plan for 2020. Next Christmas will be happy, healthy and full of love. I'll have made lots of friends in my new home town, I'll have my lovely house, the girls will stop fighting (hahahaha dream on) and I'll be looking forward to whatever the future holds xxx

Last edited:
Im so sorry to hear this Susie. Yes, it is a fine line at times between being alone and being lonely. And emotion and too much available food are dangerous together. Are you up to forcing yourself out for a short walk. Even 5 minutes outside or a mini 50m wander can make you feel so much better, get those happy hormones working and a sense of achievement.
The ironic thing about trying to eat less and lose weight is that you can spend all day thinking about food, planning what you can have and avoiding cr@p. It just makes you want to eat even more.
Take it easy the next few days, dont be too hard on yourself and ease back into it. And take care of your knees.

Forgot my food today -

B - eggs on HEB toast, 1 HEA cheese, tea with soya milk (1)
L - baked beans and low syn sossies (2) with the other HEA cheese
D - not sure, probably low syn sossies (2) with spinach and Asda cheese/onion mash - I think that's synned now?

Been reading about the changes to SP - only one HEB now, not two, and syns down to 10 - is that right, SW friends?

Afternoon cherubs - I'm feeling back to my bouncy self, and I can't tell you what a relief that is! Never felt so low over Crimbo before like that, not nice - but all good now and I'm like Rey facing Kylo, ready to do battle against the evil empire flab in 2020 - and win :D.

@Tipp, will join you on the daily WI - and strangely/happily I've dropped 2lbs overnight, not sure how unless it was the beans? :classic_eek: . Tummy feels quite floppy, which is always a good sign.

The slow cooker is coming out today, to make up some paprika chicken and veg pasta for batch cooking. Also might get around to making soup in a gadget I've had for a month and not used yet, it's a copy of a Vitamix and heats up the ingredients because of centrifugal force or something like that - and apparently makes amazing soup, but also does icecream - that'll be fun experimenting with Muller Lights LOL.

B - not up (had a shocking night's sleep!)
L - coffee, HEB toast and eggs
D - chicken and veg
Syns - leftover chocolate

Off to meal plan!

Glad to know you feel more yourself again. Yep, feel free to join me in a daily weigh in, i know some say its a bad idea but i find it keeps me focussed. If im up then i just try harder.
I hope the soup maker works out well for you.

Afternoon all (three of us lol)

Didn't get near the kitchen yesterday, got caught up in Endeavour catch up - I didn't watch it when it first started, I loved Morse so much I was sure they'd get it wrong - but I eat my words (along with everything else lol) because it's just enthralling! And Shaun Evans as the young Morse is brilliant.

What with that and Vera catch up before Season 10 starts on 21/1, my time is all allocated :D. Not really, i will venture away from the TV occasionally :).

And Tipp, i was thinking about what you said, trying to go for small walks - and I'm going to do it - as soon as the weather brightens a little (not an excuse, it's bucketing down), I'm going to drive down to the seashore and walk along the front. Every little helps, eh? x

That sounds great Susie, i know for me a bit of fresh air really boosts my mood. Regardless of any exercise gained.

Thanks GaGirl, I appreciate all your suggestions.

I did no alcohol for a year in 2018 and found it easy actually (surprised myself), but I did avoid pubs and 'friends' who drank a lot.

And I'll try that workout!

How is it being back?

Hi hunny. Not well enough to catch up on diaries at the moment but I’m here with you and we can do this! We will have a brilliant year x

Afternoon all - after another bad night's sleep, and a lot of pacing the floor thinking in the wee hours, I think I've made another decision in my efforts to lose weight. My health issues have got to the point where I really need to address this quickly, so I'm going to check out having a mini loop gastric bypass done, and then go to SW to keep me in focus.

It's also about the things I want for myself and a positive happy future - with a nice bloke, walking holidays, being healthy - and can't do any of that until I lose weight.

I'm joining a FB group and waiting to hear back from a friend who had the full on bypass done a few years ago, but I got a real jolt when I was researching it because the minimum BMI they will consider is 35 - but OMG mine is nearly twice that!

Thoughts?

I've been referred for gastric surgery twice on the NHS (chickened out each time) and I'd recommend asking for a referral even if you are going to go private - they send you along for an information session that I found really informative and is the quickest part of the process. I backed out both times because being on the waiting list seemed to prompt me to do well on whatever diet I was doing (calorie counting once, slimming world once) and I was really worried about the side effects (dumping if you ate anything sweet and only being able to have tiny portions for the rest of your life) the second time I was referred I was seeing the psychologist they make you see to deem you suitable and a nurse for weigh in checks and the nurse was really irate that the psychologist was putting people off having the surgery - (the point he made to me was that I was young for the surgery and I would have been 33 ish the second time (and in my 20's the first but I can't remember exactly when I went)

I have to admit wondering what would have happened if I had gone ahead and had the surgery - also I went to slimming world with a lady who'd had it and had no problems with sweets or having large portions but it had not been that effective which they did warn about too.

When they say the minimum BMI is 35 I know with the NHS to be considered on that BMI you would have to have a comorbidity that weight was exacerbating and if it's private I imagine it's set low because they want more customers - if my BMI was 35 i'd be thrilled and bear in mind of course that BMI is not a good measure for health etc.

But it could be a way to kick start things for yourself and as you say if you lost weight then you could exercise more and nothing wrong with getting the ball rolling.

Oh that's really interesting to hear, Kirsty (we can talk about it you know when lol).

The mini loop is much less invasive, and has less issues with dumping, less cutting so shorter recovery time, and so on.

I still haven't registered with a GP yet, will do that tomorrow, then ask about it - but from the WLS section of Minis, it sounded like people had waited 12 months or more for it and I don't want to wait.

Back