Susie's 2022 campaign

It's the day before the big cleanse and I don't feel ready!!!! :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll feel a bit more positive in the morning but right now I want fish and chips.

You can do it susie! Think about how good you‘ll feel after the 3 days. It’ll fly by too x

You’re absolutely right Charlotte and I did manage to pull up my big girl pants and get on with it this morning lol.

Juice #2 being consumed as I type. Won’t bore you with the contents of the seven juices I’m having today - lots of spinach, kale, cucumber, apples etc

So far so only a little bit hungry!

I've been redesigning my plan so I'm introducing IF straight off - so I'll eat from 10-6 and then just water etc.

Today has gone pretty well - the juicing on its own was hard and I felt very cold and shivery by about 3pm (which happens every time I try to do anything VLC), so chucked the idea of the three day just juices idea and will do a mix of juices, smoothies, soups, salads and low carb hot meals, to keep things lively - and stop me googling Just Eat!

B - 10/11am green and then green/fruit juices, plus a coffee
L - about 2.30pm - cooked chicken, another green/fruit juice and a banana - felt extremely full after it
D - 5.45pm - an SW smoky sausage and bean meal - not exactly clean eating, the sausage is so processed - but I need the freezer space.
S - NONE. No chocolate. No HiFis, No skinny bars. All of which I have in the house but they are going into the top cupboard!

From now until bedtime, herbal tea, because winter has suddenly descended on us and I need warm things!

Good idea to change it up if you know it‘s not going to suit you. I end up IF everyday as I have breakfast at about 12pm and dinner around 5pm. I don’t really think about it now, it’s just become a habit luckily. I hear you about the winter, it’s been lovely and cold lol x

Hi Susie, glad the new job is suiting you.
Will catch up properly later. Just wanted to say Puy lentils are lovely. They are small green french lentils and keep their shape and texture when cooked. You can buy them in sachets ready cookef if you dont want to soak and cook your own. Perfect tossed in a pan in olive oil with some garlic. BUT they are a legume so if you have issues with beans these may be no different.

S - NONE. No chocolate. No HiFis, No skinny bars. All of which I have in the house but they are going into the top cupboard!

From now until bedtime, herbal tea, because winter has suddenly descended on us and I need warm things!

Well done on no snacks. I have moved my OH's to his office as I don't go in there much and as he is in there all day it stops me from grabbing them.:)

Morning all - and @tipperary lovely to see you post agaim, I've missed you!

Day 2 and I'm feeling good, slept a bit better, and although I felt a bit peckish about 6am, I had a cup of tea and that helped. Did a SSWI then too and am down 2 lbs. I read somewhere that tea/coffee is ok during the fast, as long as you don't go over 50 cals. I've got a load of skim milk powder to use up and will then move over to almond milk, which I really like anyway.

It actually feels completely natural not to eat until 11 or 12, so will do like @charlotte_k and maybe just eat twice a day, with juices, smoothies, salads to supplement. My fridge looks amazing - full to the brim with leafy greens!

B - Starting the day with coffee yaye, then juice with celery, pineapple, spinach, kale, lemon juice, supergreen powder - lovely!
L - SW pea and mint soup (half) and ham and watercress salad with a squish of mayo - stuffed!
D - another SW meal - they seem to have reproduced 10 fold overnight! :D.

Have a lovely day all x

Last edited:
Afternoon all

Bit of a lie in today, much needed after three bouts of RLS. I'm really hoping that will improve/reduce with weight loss and a better diet. Went crazy last night earting Skinny bars - seriously I had loads, couldn't stop - totally ridiculous, I kept thinking "Oh well they need getting rid of..."! Need to hide them somewhere or give them away.

Feel really comfortable with fasting until 12, not finding it difficult at all, so will plan for a juice or smoothie to start with, then a bigger meal for 'lunch' (about 2pm) and something lighter about 5.30-6pm.

B - breakfast smoothie, half almond milk, half water, with ACV - plus a lemon juice
L - SW meal
D - SW meal and a green juice

I know you'll all roll your eyes at this and think "I told you so" but I am already a bit bored with cleaning the juicer. I told myself it would be fine - and really, it doesn't take long - but it just seems like such a phaff. Does anyone use their blender to make juices?

I've got a microwave combi oven so that's going on the wall and the d/w is going where the conventional oven is now.

Later - had a smoothie for dinner - kale, spinach, parsley, lemon, a little pineapple, a banana, almond milk and 2 cups water - and it was lovely, but could only manage half, I am stuffed full! So that's breakfast made for tomorrow :). Plus it's so easy to clean up afterwards - so think the juicer will go on eBay!

Last edited:
I agree, i had a juicer and while i loved the juice i hated cleaning it. I also felt that while you got the benefit of the goodness in the fruit and veg you didnt get the benefit of the fibre and i hated throwing out all the pulp (even though it wasnt wasted as we had hens). I prefer my nutribullet and just whizz everything up in and have smoothies rather than juices. And it is so easy to clean. I did buy a smoothie maker in lidl or aldi as my nutri bullet cup clips had broken. But it was no good, it didnt grind nuts and seeds up fine enough. So i bought a replacement cup for the nutribullet.

I got rid of all my gadgets even the soup maker. :rolleyes: I just use a stick blender to blend the soup in the pan. That way I can take half out and leave chunky then blend the other half. I won't have a dishwasher as it would put my husband out of the one job he does around the house.:)

Afternoon all

Been at the office today, but didn't plan well re food, as we have to bring our own tea,coffee and food - so today I've had a smoothie (left over from yesterday), a coffee and a banana - but I'm home now and have sossies in the oven to have with a green salad.

Sounds like they want to keep me on for a bit but won't find out for two weeks, until the line manager gets back from leave. Should hear about the permanent job that I interviewed for sometime this week but I've already decided I don't want it - terrible money (just about break even after £200 a month petrol costs), lots of travel (hate driving when it's dark) and they want the person to go into the office (I prefer home working). Nice to have the choice. I did feel uncomfortable being back in the office although we all socially distanced etc, so I'd really like to stay WFH.

Interesting - even though I've not had much to eat today, I'm not ravenous. I remember @charlotte_k talking about this when doing fasts, and thinking "Wow!" - but we really are trained to eat all the time - so it's good to test it out.

Last edited:
I agree, your body gets used to fasting and you can go muoch longer without eating

Definitely, I have 2 meals a day and no snacks and I’m rarely actually hungry.

I hope they keep you on there, that other job doesn’t sound ideal so I think you’ve made the right choice x

Evening all

Doing ok foodwise and settling into a routine -

B - coffee, then a bacon sarnie (using up the bread)
L - SW beef lasagne meal
D - leftover sossies and salad

No smoothie or juice today, might have one after dinner.

Back