Susie's 2022 campaign

great menu again x x

Thanks Chezzie for both comments

Slight change to the meal tonight - I had egg noodles with roasted red peppers, pork, chilli flakes and some feta, with a drizzle of lemon oil (about 10 syns?) - oh my it was lovely! :). It has made enough for four meals, so will definitely do that again!

I also found a recipe to use polenta as syn free pastry - anyone tried it? Might give it a go tomorrow.

Oh by the way girls, I'm in love - what do you think of my new house? http://www.gate-away.com/property_detail.php?id=94187

Room for all! :D

Last edited:
hi susie
i love it when are we moving across my little suitcase is packed x x

LOL let's go now babes!

Morning all - was sunny but now is right dreary blah. I've got to go out and get some house keys cut for the housesitter, who is coming round for a meet and greet tomorrow. My hayfever is bonkers today, so will be interesting to see how it is next weekend in Abruzzo.

Going to try not having a big evening meal, eat a little earlier and see if that helps WI on Monday - I really want a loss this week.

B - big 4 egg omelette with cheese, herbs and spinach - should keep me going to the afternoon
D - chicken and cauli mash and mangetout
S - strawberries

Speak later, lovelies xxx

Oooh just had an email from the agent, going to see it on Saturday - of course I would have to pick a weekend where the Saturday is a bank holiday, so no buses! Hopefully Juan Carlos :))) will be able to pick me up from Vasto.

There's lots wrong with it of course - it's in a village, not a town, so no vet, etc - and there's no sea view (although I'm beginning to realise I can't afford that anyway), plus it's a little more than I wanted to spend - but oh the room sizes are fab, so is the garden....paint everything white, except for the shutters (duck egg blue), tidy up the balconies, it could be gorgeous.

wow thats great news susie i really hope this is the one for you fingers crossed x x

hi susie
i love it when are we moving across my little suitcase is packed x x

Love the house! My suitcase is already packed.

Packing my case as I speak ;) very jealous
Xx
It's lovely! Is it too late for me to come with you? ?

Blimey is Casa Susie full already - you're going to need bunk beds in the spare rooms :D

Oooh just had an email from the agent, going to see it on Saturday - of course I would have to pick a weekend where the Saturday is a bank holiday, so no buses! Hopefully Juan Carlos :))) will be able to pick me up from Vasto.

There's lots wrong with it of course - it's in a village, not a town, so no vet, etc - and there's no sea view (although I'm beginning to realise I can't afford that anyway), plus it's a little more than I wanted to spend - but oh the room sizes are fab, so is the garden....paint everything white, except for the shutters (duck egg blue), tidy up the balconies, it could be gorgeous.

Hurrah so exciting :D

How long is your holiday this time? Will you have other places to check out? If only I'd realised I wouldn;t have booked Derbyshire I'd have invited myself on your trip :8855:

It's lovely! Is it too late for me to come with you? ?

Never too late, lovely Lisa - seriously, if you want to, I've booked a 2 bed apartment so there is room :). Flights - Stansted to Pescara, 23-26 April. Vieni con me!

Blimey is Casa Susie full already - you're going to need bunk beds in the spare rooms :D. How long is your holiday this time? Will you have other places to check out? If only I'd realised I wouldn;t have booked Derbyshire I'd have invited myself on your trip :8855:

Any time Shelley :D! Just four days this trip, sadly - and yes I'll be seeing about four others, hopefully.

Just got back from getting the key cut - £20 for three keys!!! Blimey...popped into Aldi and got some meat, plus (oops) some chocolate - but it's dark chocolate, I remember someone here saying they could only eat a few squares of dark, and I'm the same, so thought I'd give it a shot :D

Later - I'd emailed Juan Carlo to say I'd love to see the house on Sat but there are no buses running - and his reply? - "My simple words are: . . . that, after the health the problem doesn't exists. Please tell me the exactly the day, we are you are and what time. I will come to pick you up, no problems. " It's only a 50 minute drive from his office to Vasto! And don't worry chapettes, i'll tell lots of people where i am so I don't get kidnapped by Italian estate agents :D.

Last edited:
oohh
i would not mind getting kidnapped lolol

Hahaha bless you girls, I will of course report back - and if he's dishy I'll get a photo! :)

I am VERY excited to be seeing the Rocca house - so that's Sat morning, then friend Barry is showing me about 4 more from there. And hopefully I've got 2-3 others in a town called Palmoli on Friday. Relaxing Sunday morning, then the train back to Pescara.

AND it will be warmer - I've just had to turn the heater on! :eek:

Last edited:
hi susie
we have had to and there saying we could get snow i mean how why it was like a summers day today but cold now lolol:eek:

yes susie loads off pics hehehe we mean of the house ok and a couple of him haha:)

Hi Susie, just been catching up.

Sorry that your lovely glass of wine lead to such a bad day after - I have the same response too now, and I finally understand that alcohol really IS a poison - cos after drinking I really do feel the after effects. still prob won't stop me reaching for a cold glass of Pinot Grigio once the sun comes out and I have my girlfriends over - why do we do this?! Lol.

Moving plans sound so exciting, I'm more than jealous and am totally jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else to book my place !! Ooooor if we lose a few more pounds perhaps we could sneak into your suitcase? something for us all to aim for??!?

Youre doing so well diet wise - keep up the good work and the results will come x

Morning all

Dreary cold day here boo but am warmed up thanks to a mouse chase, which I saved (a few more karma brownie points for me lol) - TG for kitchen tongs.

Just waiting for the house sitter to arrive - and oh isn't it sad about Jonathan Crombie - the actor who played Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables? I loved him so much :cry:Actor Jonathan Crombie, famed for role as Gilbert Blythe on Anne of Green Gables TV series, dead at 48 | National Post

Oh Claire Bear we posted at the same time - mad re wine isn't it, once the sun comes out it's time for a cold one and never mind the effects :D

Menu -

B/L - bacon, egg and beans, coffee (milk 1)
D - turkey escalopes in COOKED cous cous lol with wilted spinach
S - Scan bran (HEXB) with 1 slice cheese (HEXA), chocolate (10)

Hey Susie, exciting times ahead in Italy by the sounds of things! I have visions of you being whisked around the Italian countryside by Juan Carlo in sporty little convertible with your headscarf and shades on. Let's hope the reality isn't a fiat cinquecento and travel sickness!
I was so sad to hear about Gilbert too! Childhood memories came flooding back - had an Anne (with an e) of Green Gables-athon last night, wahhhh.

Back