Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi sooz. chips here, missed you. Bit upset today. Underestimated my mental frailty. Losing weight is like walking a glass tightrope :cry:xx Hey Ho

Oh sweetie - you are so not alone in feeling a bit wobbly about it all some days, I do too - and so do most people here on the forum too, I bet.

I missed you too in my self imposed absence (eat-a-thon)!

Is there anything in particular getting at you today? PM me if you'd like to go off diary, hun xxx

Hi sooz. That kerfuffle on my thread didn't help. Logged on to get a bit of emotional support and feel like I got battered ! I would never do that to anyone. The idea that losing up to 6lb a week is advisable and a 1 or 2 lb loss means you've somehow failed is so very wrong and destructive. The tone of her post was upsetting, even the bit about me needing to deal with it "woman fully" (sic) She knows nothing about me. Thanks to sarah for jumping in. I'll be OK when I stop wailing. Just a bad day for it to happen. Hey Ho. chips xx

Yes I thought the tone was well off, too - all well intentioned, I guess, but not on someone's diary thread FFS.

:bighug:

Oh dear. You appear to have mis read my intentions. I don't want to upset or emotionally batter anyone. Of course I don't! And to reiterate ... It was NOT personal. It was factual. That's what I deal in. So I apologise if you feel frail as a result of my strident words. Maybe you can re visit the post at a later date and possibly see the wisdom there at some point.

I'm not stalking you incidentally but I don't want to feel responsible for someone else's mental health or to somehow have caused it! Blimey! That's a first - even for me.

I have put this on here so you see it. I am also going to de register from this site as its possibly not the place for me anyway - I keep wanting to tell folk to do as my nickname suggests and that just won't do eh?

All the best. And chin up! No need to feel upset - words on a screen that just so happened to not chime with you

I'm sorry Greta but as this is my diary thread, I'd prefer that you didn't post here again, thank you.

Morning all

Had an unexpected and probably completely temporary loss overnight of 5lbs! :eek: Maybe the cat was standing on the scales with me yesterday morning! :D But a nice boost for the day.

B - coffee and croissant (but counted in for the day's cal allowance)
L - cottage cheese and salad
D - baked beans on homemade wholemeal toast mmm
S - yogurt and berries

Last edited:
Morning all

The bread came out a bit brick like so I haven't tried it yet.

Also failed completely on the focus front over the weekend, but will draw a line under it and get back in focus tomorrow.

I love bread but its so hard to stop. When I used to bake I had to do it without a breadmaker for some reason I managed to mess it up and it came out too dense! Only I would mess something like that up doh me! But seriously I am a huge bread fan but I don't really have the energy to bake it and as you know I cant use the maker so its WW bread for me!

Mmm I'm a big bread fan too, but I bought the maker so I could get bread without salt or preservatives - so, it will be worth it in the long run (I tell myself lol).

Morning all

The sun is shining, I have no madly urgent deadlines and I've nearly lost my pre to post holiday gain :D Happy days :)

I love CC as a woe, it's so forgiving :)

Have a good day, all!

Hi sooz, no sun in North Wales :confused: Forecast said it would be cracking the flags. No such luck. When ever they show the map there is always a tiny dark cloud which seems to be right over my house ! Hey Ho. chips xx

Morning all

Lovely day here - the sun is shining and the Thames is glistening :)

Busy with work though, so will pop back later xx

Hi Sooz, Hope you're OK :) Worried about chezz. She has always popped up with kind comments & support. I know her friend had big problems in the week, but I've not known her to go so long without posting :( I do hope she's alright.

Looking forward to Smoked Salmon salad and crushed iced pineapple, merangue nest and reduced fat creme fraiche for lunch. Tempted to go out to get a bottle of wine or fizz. Only now think about it when it's sunny. Maybe treat myself when I get just below 20st :rolleyes: chips xx

Morning hun

Yes I hope she's Ok too - but I'm sure she has lots to do, or just wants to be there for her friend.

I've been running around a bit this weekend, had Oz friends come stay, but they've headed off now and life can get back to normal. I love guests - but I love things my way :)

Morning all

What a mad weekend - Thursday I viewed a flat (gorgeous) and made an offer, Friday it was accepted (yaye!), then my friends arrived, my mate's OH used my Eddie Izzard ticket while she and I had an excellent catch up and really put the world to rights. Fabulous time had, but I'm exhausted! :)

Trying to get back into focus - still have 4lbs to lose to get back to posted, but it might take a few days to get back to CC eating as my tum is definitely protesting all the food and wine I inflicted on it :eek:

Morning Sooz :) 3lb off this morning. I am a happy bunny :bunnydance: I suppose I deserve it, I have been very very good :innocent0002:

Dull and gloomy here in North Wales. Have the heating on. Do not want to think about heating bills. Off to have my microwaved porridge with sprinkle of coconut, tip of teaspoon of no sugar jam and almond milk. Lavley :p Have a good day. chips xx

Morning Sooz :) 3lb off this morning. I am a happy bunny :bunnydance: I suppose I deserve it, I have been very very good :innocent0002:

YAYE go girl!!!! :happy096: And that brekkie sounds lush!

I'm happy with the scales too, 2lbs off overnight after a very cal-light veggie type of day - although I snaffled a few Club biscuits - who brought those in the house?! :ashamed0005:

Just having B myself - had a craving for pineapple so got some Rachels low fat bio yogurt with granola and pineapple underneath mmmm.

L is salad with steamed sugar snap peas, and some soup - am trying the Heinz Farmers Market range, as they are a smaller tin and don't seem to have too many icky additives, a bit of salt - but not as much as Covent Garden, those ones leave me gasping for water!
D - not sure, sausages and mustard cauli mash, maybe.

Enjoy your day! :)

Some interesting ideas there sooz :) I have some Quorn sausages and a cauli to use up and a pot of Dijon mustard lurking. Do you have the recipe to hand ? I have gone much more veggie. Had a spinach and mushroom burger last night on a bun with onions. So nice. As I was eating it was thinking, who needs meat? Having said that, I do have a cooked roast chicken in the fridge. Bought it for Daisy the Dog. It is as big as she is, so will make stock and soup with some of it no doubt.

Have you managed to track down Big Tom? No, not the one from Crimewatch, but a wonderful spicy tomato drink. Actually a mix for Bloody Mary but lovely to drink, cold with celery stick and lemon. I use it a lot for cooking. Fab. chips xx

Big Tom? Sounds like something I need in my life....(hehe) - ohhhh, you mean for the soup :D One bottle added to my Sainsburys shop.

Cauli mash is lovely. Chop the cauli into bits then chuck in microwave, or on stove. Zap for five minutes or so until soft, then blend using a hand blender. I usually add a good dollop of Philly lightest in, then add wholegrain seeded mustard to taste. You could also add pesto, or have plain with some pepper (or butter) - it's lovely on its own, I really love the flavour.

Did you make your spinach and mushroom burger? It sounds lovely. I love steaming big portobello mushrooms, then adding a mix of pesto and cream cheese - it's quite meaty and really filling :)

Last edited:
Thanks for recipe sooz, I will do it tonight. The Spinach & Mushroom burger is Sainsburys Love Veg range. Check Nutritional info on site as I know you are CC. 2 in pack, one is really satisfying, especially with a smear of Nandos marinade :rolleyes: With Big Tom, Nando and his chums, do you get the feeling I like hot and spicy? :p The jars of Doritos Hot Salsa dip are also great for adding a spoonful to anything really as a tasty ingredient. Makes a ready made chilli sauce and low in cals/points. chips xx

Back