Susie's 2022 campaign

Nearly afternoon here and about to go in for my end of probation review :)eek: - no, it'll be fine)

Nearly crippled with totm yesterday and today, couldn't make it out of bed yesterday morning, so am comfort eating a pastry as we speak. Oh dear.

Never mind, I'll be back on home made goodies tomorrow, if I make it through the night (such a drama queen!).

And thanks for the food tips, Chips, I'll check out that veggie range :) xxx

I was on probation once .... :rolleyes: Even though I told them "It wasn't me, honest" .....

Looking at the Nutritional values/ingredients of the spinach/mushroom burgers, I plan to have a go myself to make something less points/calories although as bought, very satisfying and well within my eating plan. Had one last night. 2 slices of lightly toasted Burgen bread with crusts cut off, (they don't count do they, if you eat the cut off crusts ? .....:eek:) spread with low fat mayo, dry fried onions, dry reduced tinned toms, lots of black peper and Nando's peri peri sauce. Fab :p Hope all goes/went well at work chips xx

Morning :)

WI this morning and I've clawed my way back to 300, so one pound shy of my ticker - which, considering this horrendous totm, I'm pretty pleased with.

Will be much more in focus next week, and will get the juicer out of the box and get juicing!

Have a good day x

Hi sooz :) I'm deffo going to have a go at making my own mushroom and spinach burgers with some mods of course. If you read the ingredients, looks easy and will make it less CCs / less points.

Remember I said I had bought some Beet It beetroot juice and it was sinisterly horrible to drink, but put a splash in home made veg soup and it worked. Well I had the rest of the carton and a packet of beetroot to be used, so - Tablespoon of tinned toms, dry fried with onion and garlic in sauce pan, few cauliflower florets, cut beetroot into sticky batons, cubed a small spud, tin green lentils, veg stock cube, pt water and about a mug of beetroot juice. Loads black pepper, splash of Nandos and it was absolutely lovely. Even been eating it cold (borsch ?) Had a sweet and sour taste as I didn't realise cooked beetroot was in vinegar, but still worked, with a blob of creme freche when served. Would make it again. I have found a few nice recipes I think you will like. I will post on Chips page when I have time and give you a nod ! Hope you're well. chips xx

hi susie

hope your feeling alot better love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

missed you xx

Chezz you're back!!!! Oh so good to see you, will pop over to your thread now.

Morning all

Scales back up a bit after an indulgent weekend with unexpected visitors, some wine and bikkies (oh dear) but am well and truly back on track today - cereal, fruit and yogurt for B, coleslaw and green salad for lunch, home made hummus and carrot sticks for snacks - yum.

And Chips hun let me know how you get on with the homemade burger! :)

hi sue

hope you had a lovely day and nice to be back xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Afternoon all

Been rushing around with a film crew so didn't get breakfast until 1pm :) But at least it means I can have all my cals later in the day which is when I'm most hungry.

Entree is carrot sticks with home made hummus, then coleslaw and a fresh green salad mixed together, with leftover hummus as salad dressing, and a banana, apple and yogurt to have too :) Sounds like a lot - and it is - but I'll probably have half the salad with dinner, like I did last night.

Have a good day :)

"Rushing around with a film crew ... " ? You slipped that one in a bit casually. Was everyone calling each other "Darling" and talking about the Oscars :cool:

Tonight I am making a bowl of mixed salad for my main meal. Baby leaves inc rocket, radish, celery, spring onions, cucumber, coloured peppers, beetroot batons, grated carrot, couple of olives, tablespoon of tinned corn, kidney beans or chickpeas, few pine nuts and a quartered hard boiled egg & a few cubes of low fat feta cheese ! Might push the boat out and have a couple of rice cakes smeared with a tad of Dijon mustard or Hellimans Reduced fat Mayo. Now, Eenie, meenie, miney, mo :p Decisions Decisions. chips xx

Afternoon all

Been rushing around with a film crew so didn't get breakfast until 1pm :) But at least it means I can have all my cals later in the day which is when I'm most hungry.

Entree is carrot sticks with home made hummus, then coleslaw and a fresh green salad mixed together, with leftover hummus as salad dressing, and a banana, apple and yogurt to have too :) Sounds like a lot - and it is - but I'll probably have half the salad with dinner, like I did last night.

Have a good day :)
Sounds like you have been behaving, I have been so naughty last couple of days.
"Rushing around with a film crew ... " ? You slipped that one in a bit casually. Was everyone calling each other "Darling" and talking about the Oscars :cool:

Tonight I am making a bowl of mixed salad for my main meal. Baby leaves inc rocket, radish, celery, spring onions, cucumber, coloured peppers, beetroot batons, grated carrot, couple of olives, tablespoon of tinned corn, kidney beans or chickpeas, few pine nuts and a quartered hard boiled egg & a few cubes of low fat feta cheese ! Might push the boat out and have a couple of rice cakes smeared with a tad of Dijon mustard or Hellimans Reduced fat Mayo. Now, Eenie, meenie, miney, mo :p Decisions Decisions. chips xx
I was wondering that bit myself and thought hold on what did I miss? We got some famous director or something on here x

I was wondering that bit myself and thought hold on what did I miss? We got some famous director or something on here x

LOL, so not :) I'm a PR manager and look after all the film enquiries we get, so yesterday it was an ITV crew filming for Channel 4 news. An alum of ours, Jo Watts, is running a charity called Grade One-Athon, where people learn to play a musical instrument to Grade 1 level in 6 months - so they filmed stuff for the news at my work, with Mark Bedford from Madness playing the tuba for the first time (he was very good). It should be on the news tonight.

All good on the eating front, my little gain is going. I do love this way of eating! :)

hi susie
sounds like a good day yesterday
im so pleased your little gain is now hitching ride and leaving you i must admit i like the way i eat now its now to think about what im cooking ok hubby is cooking instead of junk food he is even going to try is hand at a beef chow mien on monday as i love them but i want him to make one so i know wot is in it instead of the takeaway want to keep away from them xxxxx

Morning all

Absolutely cream crackered here today. Night sweats and sheet changing at 2am, followed by Mouse Rescue at half 3 - my cat jumped on the bed with the mouse that has been inside for five days - and managed to stay alive, brave wee thing. I managed to grab it and put it outside, but couldn't get back to sleep properly, so early to bed tonight I think.

But at least my karma brownie points are looking good! :D

ladyfelsham said:
Morning all

Absolutely cream crackered here today. Night sweats and sheet changing at 2am, followed by Mouse Rescue at half 3 - my cat jumped on the bed with the mouse that has been inside for five days - and managed to stay alive, brave wee thing. I managed to grab it and put it outside, but couldn't get back to sleep properly, so early to bed tonight I think.

But at least my karma brownie points are looking good! :D

Ooh, I wonder how many calories there'd be in a karma brownie?! What, me obsessed with food? Never!! ;) xx

Hope you don't mind me joining in - just joined in the last couple of days (no idea where my introduction post went!), but just read your thread and thought you all sounded so wonderful!

I have a long way to go - just given myself an 'introductory' 3 stone target although I reckon 7lbs is more realistic! I'm trying to do the 5:2 diet - but with serious calorie counting on my non fast days. Surprising how quick they mount up isn't it??

So far I've been a serially failed dieter - but am hoping the support this forum seems to give may help me out!

I have two cats myself and totally understand the mouse problem! Ours used to bring them in alive then let them go when they got bored! Luckily that's not so bad now - probably because they're geriatric cats at 16 and a half!

Ooh, I wonder how many calories there'd be in a karma brownie?! What, me obsessed with food? Never!! ;) xx

LMAO - now you've put the thought in my head and it won't come out! :eek::D

Hope you don't mind me joining in - just joined in the last couple of days (no idea where my introduction post went!), but just read your thread and thought you all sounded so wonderful!

Hi there Crazy, nice to see you - join on in :D It's a really nice bunch of people, and you will get lots of support here to help you along.

Good luck with 5:2, I think it works well if you don't go mad on the up days (unlike when I did it :eek:)! If you have a kindle there seem to be loads of freebies on 5:2 recipes - pm me for a link to a free kindle book site.

Morning all

Great night's sleep undisturbed by rodents :) Am saving up cals for a few glasses of wine tonight so I'm a bit (lot) hungry right now!

Have a good one and speak later x

Hi crazy, Susie will keep you on the straight and narrow :) Hope it all goes well. chips

Thanks so much for the warm welcome Susie and Chips - knew you sounded nice! (Btw, just love your signature CWE - lightest weight bit :) ).
Done two days of the fast this week and have been good on the other days so far (well, it is easier in the first week...!), but dread standing on the scales - me and scales normally do not get on....

Thanks for your Kindle advice Susie - I'll try to work out how to pm you now!

Back